Page 1 of 3
LastLast

2012 FBI Annual Hate Crime Statistics.

Shows a decrease! Good job everyone! lol
    Anyhow, figured I would throw this out here because stuff contained in it usually comes up in arguments and it's a good source of info to have aboot.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/november/annual-hate-crime-statistics-show-slight-decease/annual-hate-crime-statistics-show-slight-decease

I did find this part about quite a larger portion of white people being the aggressors in the reported cases interesting, because our media sure as hell does not portray it as such. But w/e that is just my little note of interest.
    Happy reading.

Edit: here is another link for more detailed info too! http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2012
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Congrats on reducing your Hate Crime statistics America!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post

I did find this part about quite a larger portion of white people being the aggressors in the reported cases interesting, because our media sure as hell does not portray it as such. But w/e that is just my little note of interest.
    Happy reading.
    Well considering that your notion I'll show you a little notion of my own. If you just strictly stare percentages it's ~230% more likely to meet black hate crime offender than a white one by demographics. Calculated from USA demographic percentages and those crime offender statistics' percentages. I'm sure there's more white to black racial crimes in America but I think it has partly to do that you've far more white than black people too. But that's just math. But I also agree that both should have equal screen time and attention.

Congratulations for decreasing stupid and useless crimes. Maybe world takes steps forward slowly but steadily. One can always hope that someday there would be equality and not useless hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocThor View Post
    Well considering that your notion I'll show you a little notion of my own. If you just strictly stare percentages it's ~230% more likely to meet black hate crime offender than a white one by demographics. Calculated from USA demographic percentages and those crime offender statistics' percentages. I'm sure there's more white to black racial crimes in America but I think it has partly to do that you've far more white than black people too. But that's just math. But I also agree that both should have equal screen time and attention.
    Thats just math out of context.
    As Alan Noble convincingly writes, "Analyzing data is not as simple as watching some YouTube videos and Googling 'knockout game.'
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christa...-racist-roots/

Deleted
    I know that. Statistics are easy to interpret any way you want. They're good too when used right, but you can really pull anything out of them if you know what you're doing. Statistics are not exact science.
    Last edited by mmoc7b1453e240; 2013-11-27 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    I'm going to celebrate this tremendous American event with McDonalds. Go America!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wonder how we rank against other countries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    A drop is a drop regardless of why or its longevity.
    That is some good news wish we could all enjoy a drop, seems it is needed in these times of uncertain economics.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Hate crimes on disabled people happen? So ableism is an actual thing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was some Ayn Randian extremist sighting them as "unfit to work and thus mooch" or somesuch nonsense.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hate crimes............somehow worse than 'regular' crime
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Black on white crimes are rarely charged as hate crimes, hate crimes would be way up if everyone were charged equally. If someone carves a swastika on a tree its a hate crime, if a black guy knocks out and kills an old white woman its a random act of violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Black on white crimes are rarely charged as hate crimes, hate crimes would be way up if everyone were charged equally. If someone carves a swastika on a tree its a hate crime, if a black guy knocks out and kills an old white woman its a random act of violence.
    Just because they happen to be black and kills a white person does not make it a hate crime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    True, it would take a lot more from a minority to be charged for a hate crime. Kinda like for women being charged for sexual harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand that term. Hate crime...

Why does it matter what color the victim was? Justice is supposed to be blind. It's not a white murder, or a black murder, or an asian murder. Its just murder. Race has no place in a court room, especially as there is no way to be fair and unbiased about it. I find the whole thing unforgivably offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I kinda wonder how we rank against other countries

This isn't for hate crime (which is a stupid way to categorize crime) but for the overall tolerance a nation has for other types of people.

http://www.oecd.org/berlin/47570353.pdf
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    Just because they happen to be black and kills a white person does not make it a hate crime.
    The thing is those thugs playing the KO game only target people that aren't black.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I can't stand that term. Hate crime...

Why does it matter what color the victim was? Justice is supposed to be blind. It's not a white murder, or a black murder, or an asian murder. Its just murder. Race has no place in a court room, especially as there is no way to be fair and unbiased about it. I find the whole thing unforgivably offensive.
    Ok.

Let's say I set the tree in your front yard on fire because I'm an asshole. That's, I don't know, destruction of private property, endangerment, probably some other things.

Now let's say I do the same thing because you are white. That gives an entirely different aspect to the crime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea . I don't know that it should be a crime in itself, as you said, but it should at least be a factor in deciding the sentence.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by DocThor View Post
    I know that. Statistics are easy to interpret any way you want. They're good too when used right, but you can really pull anything out of them if you know what you're doing. Statistics are not exact science.
    science itself isn't an 'exact science' if you're a good empiricist.

The power of how who why what where and when.

“To our real, naked selves there is not a thing on earth or in heaven worth dying for. It is only when we see ourselves as actors in a staged (and therefore unreal) performance that death loses its frightfulness and finality and becomes an act of make-believe and a theatrical gesture. It is one of the main tasks of a real leader to mask the grim reality of dying and killing by evoking in his followers the illusion that they are participating in a grandiose spectacle, a solemn or lighthearted dramatic performance.”

-Eric Hoffer

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    The power of how who why what where and when.

“To our real, naked selves there is not a thing on earth or in heaven worth dying for. It is only when we see ourselves as actors in a staged (and therefore unreal) performance that death loses its frightfulness and finality and becomes an act of make-believe and a theatrical gesture. It is one of the main tasks of a real leader to mask the grim reality of dying and killing by evoking in his followers the illusion that they are participating in a grandiose spectacle, a solemn or lighthearted dramatic performance.”

-Eric Hoffer
    how long is your bender gonna last?