Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good riddance I say!
    GC's favorite: "-33% to warlock's skills"
    Last edited by fassade; 2013-11-28 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Is this? When it comes to PvE warlocks have been ridiculously good since the start of Cata if not before, and every time I've checked they've been more or less fotm in pvp.

And not to sound like it's all words, personally I was pretty much never in danger of being benched on a class that usually needs least healing due to taking least damage, is always able to do top damage, always has several useful specs at hand and had (in my opinion) much more utility than other DD classes. It's a shame GC quit, but it would be pretty foolish to think that event itself is actually going to change anything inside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    And not to sound like it's all words, personally I was pretty much never in danger of being benched on a class that usually needs least healing due to taking least damage, is always able to do top damage, always has several useful specs at hand and had (in my opinion) much more utility than other DD classes.
    I mean, if I recall correctly you did some progression fights in Cataclysm on your rogue, would it have been just as doable as Warlock?

(Also, by the way, any chances on coming back in Warlords for Mythic? Was always a fan of your guild's 25 man videos, and loved your "encounter" guide stuff back in Cataclysm.)

Personally I saw Warlocks were great in 4.0, decent in 4.2 (eclipsed by mage), and weren't very good in 4.3. They were decent and FotM due to class changes in 5.0 and then truly became OP due to perma-KJC in 5.1 and more or less kept their status since. I kind of quit the class in before that though due to disgust with some of the mechanics.

Example: Gateway has been a factor of "Warlock OP" for a while, but if you remember it was a POS that wasn't even usable in a raid pre-5.1.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-28 at 07:50 PM.

Dunno / i dont care. We will learn live with decisiong what new guy makes but glad im happy that GC is gone finaly! It took too long

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I mean, if I recall correctly you did some progression fights in Cataclysm on your rogue, would it have been just as doable as Warlock?

(Also, by the way, any chances on coming back in Warlords for Mythic? Was always a fan of your guild's 25 man videos, and loved your "encounter" guide stuff back in Cataclysm.)

Personally I saw Warlocks were great in 4.0, decent in 4.2 (eclipsed by mage), and weren't very good in 4.3. They were decent and FotM due to class changes in 5.0 and then truly became OP due to perma-KJC in 5.1 and more or less kept their status since. I kind of quit the class in before that though due to disgust with some of the mechanics.
    IIRC I used my rogue on Al'Akir who greatly favored the few classes who could reset his rain debuff and Majordomo just because my Rogue was pretty well geared then and Blade Flurry was great for him. On Spine locks were actually pretty awful but so much was pretty much every Dragonwrath class except mages. Other than that me and pretty much every other warlock never had hard time getting raid spots and I never felt like my class was anything but OP. I didn't even consider current Demonic Portal as an utility factor, I don't really know or care about its uses but I'll consider it a cherry on top of it all.

And the guild might be back for Mythic, I probably won't.

So long the swinger of the warlock nerf bat, you will not be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Celestalon seems to be taking up the twitter mantle.
    Who is Celestalon anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Who is Celestalon anyway?
    Seems to be their new twitter jockey to replace GC. His profile says "Technical Game Designer".

Good Riddance. Since GC started at blizzard we have seen some of the worst raid designs, class designs, class balance, the ultimate pitiful funnel into what pvp is now a days. GC was head honcho of the development team, not just a spokes person. Ultimately, he decided to approve or disapprove of changes made. With GC gone, hopefully we can get someone who has some decent insight into gaming and hopefully shares a common perspective of what wow should be like. GC was a marine biologist, and in no way, shape, or form was ever qualified to be on a design team for a multi-million entertainment company. Crap content, canceled raids, terrible overview of bugs and op class mechanics making it in from beta, ptr, etc. Many people may miss GC, I for one will not.

I fail to see how your post has anything to do with warlocks. If you want to whine aiminlessly at GC and his supposed influence on the game, there are plenty of threads in the General Discussions forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jazzler View Post
    Good Riddance. Since GC started at blizzard we have seen some of the worst raid designs, class designs, class balance, the ultimate pitiful funnel into what pvp is now a days. GC was head honcho of the development team, not just a spokes person. Ultimately, he decided to approve or disapprove of changes made. With GC gone, hopefully we can get someone who has some decent insight into gaming and hopefully shares a common perspective of what wow should be like. GC was a marine biologist, and in no way, shape, or form was ever qualified to be on a design team for a multi-million entertainment company. Crap content, canceled raids, terrible overview of bugs and op class mechanics making it in from beta, ptr, etc. Many people may miss GC, I for one will not.
    Whoever takes his place will get the same exact hate. Because it wasn't what GC did. Its the position he held. Because let's face it. Man gamers are drama queens. And when they have their little bitch fits, they look for a target to throw darts at. But they still stick around. So no matter what the new guy does. No matter how good of a job he does, there will be people that will make him out to be the destroyer of their precious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jazzler View Post
    Good Riddance. Since GC started at blizzard we have seen some of the worst raid designs, class designs, class balance...
    Oh, come on. That's not even remotely true. Nostalgia aside, the shittiest raid design by far was Molten Core. There isn't even any serious competition. This place had "let's require four or five people to do nothing except spam dispel for the entire fight" as a mechanic for half the encounters, and the first half of a 40 man raid instance was tuned so easily that it was easily doable by 20 people who didn't know what they were doing. Then suddenly comes a fight that requires eight mages.

Class design and class balance has also never been worse than in early vanilla: half the specs were completely useless for everything, and some specs (like shadow priests, frost mages and arms warriors) were grossly overpowered in PvP. Racials were also brutally imbalanced, with stuff like Will of the Forsaken granting 30 seconds of immunity. Warlock versus undead rogue was a free win for the rogue, as there was quite literally nothing the warlock could do that the rogue wasn't immune to.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Depends on who take the leadership.

He favors mage too much (they are wining from 3.5 to 1.5 expansions from us, IMO) and takes too long to make decisions.
    Don't worry about class management, from all I know, GC doesn't take part in it (maybe a liiitle bit), he just says "yes" or "no" to whatever the whole team thinks of.
    I like how you "eliminate" classes other than Mages and Warlocks, alas it's true

Like... you guys get that...

1)- The goal of the team isn't for you to have your shit pushed in by mages or warriors. They want pvp to be balanced.
    2)- Ghostcrawler didn't sit around randomly making sweeping nerfs and buffs.

When pvp is broken, they know it and they want to fix it in the best way possible. I'm not saying this is all that sensical- I mean, look at S1 of MoP for the worst competitive PvP the game has ever seen, and look at right now for some pretty middle of the road last patch pvp balance (normally end of the expac is the one time they have enough together to kinda get stuff right). They obviously fuck up a lot, because a game full of powergamers who want to win is by necessity hard to balance, but it's not like GC got everyone together towards the end of 5.3 and said "Ok guys, we need to buff the FUCK out of arms warriors, ok?" and then Holinka goes "yeesssss massa, the changes are already in the worrrrkkksss mwuhahahahahhahahahaha".

It's just so hard to read threads that go down this path.

My answer to OP's question: I think it will impact locks, but it's too early to say how. The team shifting will bring in a few new ideas and end up with the retiring of others, and I think this will impact warlocks (and all other classes). Locks this expac have been universally OP in pve, and very very spotty in pvp. A new lead dev might believe in turning knobs much faster than GC, or might believe that variety is the spice of life, or something, and that would impact pures.

But the big changes we will see for all classes will be the WoD changes, which GC will have a hand in, and, more importantly, look to be pretty sweeping. The itemization changes in particular I believe are a massive bribe to play hybrids, and unless they offer a similar gear based bribe for pures (and the taking away of reforging definitely hurts pures more, as our best stats change from fight to fight as we respec and reforge), they will end up with fewer pures, or they'll end up bribing the pures with dps, which generally doesn't make for a happy face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    Warlocks were OP before he got there. Warlocks have been OP while he's been there. Stands to reason you'll continue to be OP long after he's gone.
    Is this a joke?
    tbh how can you say that a class that is topping logs on virtually every fight in SoO in one spec or another and that can solo Imerseus not op?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

But the big changes we will see for all classes will be the WoD changes, which GC will have a hand in, and, more importantly, look to be pretty sweeping. The itemization changes in particular I believe are a massive bribe to play hybrids, and unless they offer a similar gear based bribe for pures (and the taking away of reforging definitely hurts pures more, as our best stats change from fight to fight as we respec and reforge), they will end up with fewer pures, or they'll end up bribing the pures with dps, which generally doesn't make for a happy face.
    Pures have had higher dps than hybrids since cata bro, and when u look at hybrids that play different specs the fact that they have to get 4 different trinkets or maybe 5-6 depending on the fights (2 single target and 1 off piece for aoe) etc as opposed to a pure who would at most need to get 3 for every type of fight is a significant quality of life difference
    Last edited by Stormrayder; 2013-11-29 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time a warlock whines about a nerf i'm losing a bit of my faith in community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrayder View Post
    tbh how can you say that a class that is topping logs on virtually every fight in SoO in one spec or another and that can solo Imerseus not op?

- - - Updated - - -

Pures have had higher dps than hybrids since cata bro, and when u look at hybrids that play different specs the fact that they have to get 4 different trinkets or maybe 5-6 depending on the fights (2 single target and 1 off piece for aoe) etc as opposed to a pure who would at most need to get 3 for every type of fight is a significant quality of life difference
    that wasnt what the post you quoted was about tho, and locks were sure as hell not OP in vanilla and in tbc locks where only good bcoz of the synergy they had with other locks and spriests allowing them to keep a +30-40% shadowdmg buff up 100%, stand alone vs a mage they would loose 9 times out of 10 and they werent OP in wotlk either tbh, i will agree that locks are good atm but soloing immerseus, you must be trolling.

that depends entirely on spec and which hybrids/pures you're talking about tho, if you're talking about min/maxing then locks would need around 4 trinkets as well coz believe it or not, we have various trinkets that are best for different specs AND different encounters but depending on what you raid, 10m or 25m, you might not have access to all those trinkets and if they drop then it might be better to give it to another person, its not so cut and dry as you're trying to make it out as. either way, come WoD, hybrids will have it extremely easy with gear unlike pures which will still need more pieces of gear for optimal play assuming different stats is good for different specs like they are now.

I don't care who controls the class balancing as long as all changes are documented and told. No more of this "stealth" cutting like they did with Affliction early on in SoO.

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Depends on who take the leadership.

He favors mage too much (they are wining from 3.5 to 1.5 expansions from us, IMO) and takes too long to make decisions.
    Don't worry about class management, from all I know, GC doesn't take part in it (maybe a liiitle bit), he just says "yes" or "no" to whatever the whole team thinks of.
    Its rare you see someone being wrong on every single account. Yet you managed to pull it off

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't expect anything to change.