resto amp trinkets

i currently have heroic bindings, heroic Horridon's last grasp and thoks tooth.

i've killed sha of pride well over 20 times and never seen the pride trinket, would it be worth using the heroic bindings just for the 9% stats?

Over thok's tooth, maybe. Don't take my word for it, hopefully someone else can come do the math for you, but Thoks trinket is so situational. Use thoks trinket if you're on a stacked fight, but if not, you waste the entire point of the trinket and it just becomes an int proc in which case the stats may be better yes

Since the Bindings will only proc off of auto-attacks I doubt it would be worth the loss of passive Intellect on HLG. As for Thok I suppose it depends on whether you're talking about 10 or 25 and which fight.

+9% spirit, mastery, haste is going to be much better than the mana/int you gain from horridons last grasp. The proc is useless to you, so I would still replace it asap with the Sha Trinket.

As far as Thok's trinket vs Horridons last grasp - I guess it would depend on the fight. If you are having issues with mana, or the fight has heavy raid damage (Norushen, Iron Jug, etc) I would go with Horridons. On fights where mana isn't an issue (Sha of pride, galakras etc), I would go with Thoks. Nothing is saying you cant swap between the 2 depending on the fight. I still use HLG and SPA trinkets on fights that I have issues running out of mana on.

I don't know what the rest of your gear looks like, but it sound like you have a lot of heroic on farm, but even then, the amp stats aren't really too great, for instance I'm 564 ilvl and have about 34k secondary stats, I'd probably get about 3k seconary stats from it

also the strength of thok's depends on 10 or 25 and whether or not you're doing stacked fights

and then it also depends how nice the icd of thok is with the fight, in constant dmg fights it's almost never wasted, but in some it's awful (nazgrim)

overall you'd probably have to move stats because of haste breakpoints to fit bindings, and it might be slightly better in 10s on fights where you aren't stacked, but if I were you I'd just say take a piece with haste and w/o haste in some slot, swap and switch it alongside the other 2 to meet haste breakpoints or sit on thok's because the proc range is like 10 yards so you'll still get a little bit out of it if you're 10s, 25s just thok's all day

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    I don't know what the rest of your gear looks like, but it sound like you have a lot of heroic on farm, but even then, the amp stats aren't really too great, for instance I'm 564 ilvl and have about 34k secondary stats, I'd probably get about 3k seconary stats from it
    This. The dps Amp trinket is being overrated for resto, the only good thing is it scaled with gear.
    The secondary stats you get from amp are only slightly better* than the 1785 int from HLG ( * even depending on your gear), and the manareg on HLG completely trumps it.

The thing is, you can't really switch Thok for Amp on a per-fight basis, so you would need to always use it - seeing that the other two trinkets are better on most fight, my advice would be to not use it. You can get Contemplation of Chi-Ji for fights where the cleave trinket is bad.

Expect to get about 3000 points of secondary stats (plus the crit bonus) from the trinket. That's kind of neat, but not great. At this point, all three trinket options qualify as "okay". It's not going to matter too much what you use.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The heroic amp effect is about 50% overbudget on secondary stats with high-end gear. The ilvl would justify about 2k secondary stats but instead you get 3k. It's pretty huge.

But lacking the int proc because you're using the dps one instead of the healing one makes the trinket actually underbudget. You're supposed to get 2k primary 2k secondary from a trinket, but instead you're getting just 3k secondary. So you're effectively trading 2k primary stats for 1k secondary (and a bunch of that is a weak secondary--crit). Not worth it.

That said, if you're not running out of mana, HLG is not doing anything for you.

Erm, mind telling me why u guys think the dps amp one is useless when u can just ... like... moonfire before popping tranq and stuff to procc it? You can use it like an imba potion instead of a random procc which might be useless. I used to use the Elegon one on my MW monk and procc it off CJL before using revivals / heavy burst phases with uplift etc.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Moonfire doesn't proc the amp trinket when in resto spec. You need autoattacks or feral bleeds to get a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    The heroic amp effect is about 50% overbudget on secondary stats with high-end gear. The ilvl would justify about 2k secondary stats but instead you get 3k. It's pretty huge.
    Samophlange at the same item level gives 2211 intellect with a useful proc, so 3k secondary stats with no proc is pretty terrible. Secondary stats are worth considerably less than intellect per point. Everyone would still be gemming for intellect if gems hadn't been re-budgeted to offer twice as much in secondary stats. Yes, the trinket is overbudgeted for a trinket with secondary stats, but secondary stat trinkets are inherently under budget to begin with and are rarely useful to healers.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Expect to get about 3000 points of secondary stats (plus the crit bonus) from the trinket. That's kind of neat, but not great. At this point, all three trinket options qualify as "okay". It's not going to matter too much what you use.
    The crit bonus seems to be resposible for about 2-2.5% of my effective healing as a resto druid, which equals roughly 1k mastery. I'd say this puts it above Samophlange, and WELL above HLG.

One thing I always disliked about the HLG was that one fight it gave me 60k mana, and the next fight it gave me 250k. Certainly an awesome trinket for its tier, but the proc unreliability was as bad for me as getting the int procs from PPP is.

You can also consider the Nazgrim trinket if you have enough mana regen.
    The multi-strike proc did more than 3.5-5% healing on most fights.

The int proc is supposed to be 0.92 rppm (which is 15.33% uptime and would not increased by haste as it's a int proc).
    But the logs showed that it's uptime in between 16.5%-21%.
    I've been using this trinket for 10+ nights of raid so I don't consider the higher proc rate is because of luck.

also the rppm on the nazgrim trinket can be pretty awesome with treants because of their snapshotting if you track procs and stuff, and I've heard reports of them being able to proc multistrike and cleave too, and their cooldown actually lines up really well with the on and off of a lot of fights and w/ some stacking this tier (I really miss nature's grace sub-spec)

@Daear, yeah, that's why they made most rppm trinkets decay over time for balance, the amount of rng stacking they can pull is absurd, and no, the proc on POP is ICD and way more predictable

oh, by the way checked it, even on fairly spread fights this tier, my flex 540 thok's pulls at least 2% in 10man from the cleave alone, so the stats definitely beat that, but just use gear the haste breakpoint for whichever fights you're currently progressing on whether it be stacked or spread, because I think op is 10man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    The int proc is supposed to be 0.92 rppm (which is 15.33% uptime and would not increased by haste as it's a int proc).
    But the logs showed that it's uptime in between 16.5%-21%.
    I've been using this trinket for 10+ nights of raid so I don't consider the higher proc rate is because of luck.
    Haste increases the procrate of rppm trinkets. Our monk had 35% uptime on it last night on Thok HC, which was a bit silly.

But I thought blizzard changed it in 5.4 that rppm will no longer double-dip on haste.
    Anyways it's definitely higher than 0.92 ppm.

Haste should not increase the procrate of the Int procs on trinkets. The slightly increased uptime is likely exclusively attributable to the bad luck protection and the way it causes it to proc close to the pull. A 35% uptime is a simple outlier; even if the trinket was affected by haste you'd need over 100% haste to expect a 35% uptime on it.

---

In my experience Thok's trinket suffers in 10-man more from the damage profile of the fight than anything else. It tends to have a higher tendency to over-heal than the average spell. I've attributed this to its relatively low proc rate and high amount of healing, but I don't think this quite explains everything. I've seen Norushen parses where a healer's total overheal was 25% and their Thok trinket was 60%. It still does very well on those stacking AoE fights, but this tends to mean that on fights like Iron Juggernaut or Dark Shamans where you only just barely break the threshold where it theoretically outperforms Nazgrim's trinket (1.5 splash targets within 20 yards) it still does less raw healing because the damage comes in spikes and if your proc isn't in that 5 sec window when you're bringing everybody back up after a Shock Pulse or Falling Ash the procs will almost exclusively overheal.

Still, even if Thok's is only doing 2-3% of your healing (averaging .66-1 splash target within 20 yards per proc) it should beat Horridon's unless you feel that Thok's Int proc is completely useless.

At 30k Secondary stats and 20% Crit you're getting 3574 secondary stats from H Bindings. This should slightly outperform H-Horridon's Int. Horridon's significant Mana advantage should make it better on any fight where you can easily make use of that mana. For reference, H Bindings should beat the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (and thus all the other terrible ToT healer trinkets).

---

If I only had those 3 trinkets to choose from I'd probably use Horridon's and Thok's for the vast majority of encounters. I'd consider subbing in Bindings for Thok on the fights where Thok is truly awful (Immerseus, Iron Jugg, Dark Shamans, Nazgrim, Malkorok) -- either using a reforge mount to adjust my Haste OR just ignoring the pain in my heart at being so far off a breakpoint.

When you get a Nazgrim Trinket (or Dysmorphic Samophlange) replace Horridon's with it -- then sub Horridon's in for Thok's on those truly awful fights.