Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Teemo is powerful with this patch, what can change?

His win rate in normals clearly shows it vs his popularity. I don't think I've seen a win rate vs popularity this high in awhile.

We all know why he's strong, he harasses people map wide into mid-late game and all it takes is one bad step into a particular portion of the map for the enemy team.

This stacked with liandrys equals to nearly half an adc's health with one shroom. 2 equal death or back to base unless they want to be risky & life steal it.

I think teemo is fun at times, he's annoying and its fun to be on his side of it every once in awhile.

I don't think he deserves a nerf directly to him though because the vision changes.

It would just be unfair. It'd be like nerfing adc's because they're doing to much late game damage. Thats their job. Teemo was perfectly fine until the vision changes.

Besides the normal "qq zomg nerf teemo" or "just remove teemo from game riot plz," what do you suggest they change on him?

Make his E like a Singed or Cassiopeia Q. It does only damage over time, not instant AND damage over time. Buff the damage over time.

This makes him more like he (honestly) should be... a hit and run harass champion. He shouldn't be able to 1v1 any champion with equal build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Teemo is countered by a single item purchase. Play better, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Make his E like a Singed or Cassiopeia Q. It does only damage over time, not instant AND damage over time. Buff the damage over time.

This makes him more like he (honestly) should be... a hit and run harass champion. He shouldn't be able to 1v1 any champion with equal build.
    Saying a champion shouldn't be able to 1v1 someone of equal build...?
    I think I just had an aneurysm.

If a champion can't 1v1, it will be useless in a team fight unless it has some spectacular support abilities. (Hint: Teemo lacks support capability)
    Also, your proposed fix would only make Nashor's Tooth 100% mandatory.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-11-28 at 04:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Oracles went bye bye. Vision wards are not invisisble anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    They may choose to either buff the detection items (unlikely, because it would revert to S3 all over again), or reduce the duration of shrooms in SR like how they did in TT and Dom.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Was talking about Lens. You see Teemo on enemy team and your whole team had better be using a Lens.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Was talking about Lens. You see Teemo on enemy team and your whole team had better be using a Lens.
    Lens still has it's issues though. First, the cooldown is prohibitively long. Second, by having your entire team using Lenses, that means less wards, meaning you're going back to S3 era where there's no wards on the map because your support is a Nidalee. Third, using lens for shroom clearing means less wards being cleared, unless you get lucky with sweeps.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Lens still has it's issues though. First, the cooldown is prohibitively long. Second, by having your entire team using Lenses, that means less wards, meaning you're going back to S3 era where there's no wards on the map because your support is a Nidalee. Third, using lens for shroom clearing means less wards being cleared, unless you get lucky with sweeps.
    Be honest, if you're playing normals, where teemo doesn't automatically get zoned and outfarmed, you won't have wards to clear anyway.

If normals are the barometer by which champions get nerfed, why hasn't the game been reverted to 5 v 5 no item or ability matches yet?
    *bro fist*

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    vision wards are still pretty damn powerful

at least buy 1-2 and you dont need to replace them all throughout the game

@OP teemo is only powerful if you let him fight where he wants

sure his sprint ability is annoying as hell but just dont fight him where he placed all his shrooms

most teemo goes top so just push mid or bot and have baron cleared with lens/pinks
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Be honest, if you're playing normals, where teemo doesn't automatically get zoned and outfarmed, you won't have wards to clear anyway.

If normals are the barometer by which champions get nerfed, why hasn't the game been reverted to 5 v 5 no item or ability matches yet?
    I can somewhat vouch for this.

I looked over his win rate for ranked, its a little higher than it was previously, but I think thats mainly because he's one of the fotm's with the vision changes.

I think a duration of his shrooms should be nerfed, nothing else really.

Remember this patch only makes teemo strong because of his shrooms & vision changes, nothing else makes him strong in this patch vs last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Remember this patch only makes teemo strong because of his shrooms & vision changes, nothing else makes him strong in this patch vs last patch.
    This.

Teemo hasn't been buffed, nor does he need a nerf. If you catch him out in the open outside his shroom nest, he's almost guaranteed to be a free kill. He has laughable sustain unless AD, and then his shrooms only provide vision and annoyance. He's useless in a team fight aside from his Blinding Dart on the ADC, then its mediocre damage output and general uselessness.

/thread
    *bro fist*

Saying a champion shouldn't be able to 1v1 someone of equal build...?
    I think I just had an aneurysm.

If a champion can't 1v1, it will be useless in a team fight unless it has some spectacular support abilities. (Hint: Teemo lacks support capability)
    Also, your proposed fix would only make Nashor's Tooth 100% mandatory.
    I said ANY champion. If you want to try to 1v1 Nasus as Vayne, be my guest. Vayne will not win that 95% of the time. Teemo shouldn't be able to outburst an adc or assassin and shouldn't be able to shred a tank. As Teemo, I could 1v2 Jax and Brand one game, despite the Brand being more fed than I was. AND I took his stun and Jax's stun. I didn't even have to mushroom them. I just blinded Jax and blew Brand up with just Nashor's tooth/deathcap/liandry's auto attacks.

Teemo should obviously be able to 1v1 SOME champions, but many champions have kits or itemization that makes 1v1ing them kinda impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying Teemo wasn't strong before because of vision isn't being entirely honest. He could always shred people, but because his "ult" is countered by a 400g purchase every few minutes and a lack of any real CC, he wasn't strong outside of laning. Well, now, his shrooms are virtually uncounterable AND he can still chunk 400 damage per AA. If they can't do anything to his shrooms with the vision changes, his base damage should be adjusted.

I said ANY champion. If you want to try to 1v1 Nasus as Vayne, be my guest. Vayne will not win that 95% of the time. Teemo shouldn't be able to outburst an adc or assassin and shouldn't be able to shred a tank. As Teemo, I could 1v2 Jax and Brand one game, despite the Brand being more fed than I was. AND I took his stun and Jax's stun. I didn't even have to mushroom them. I just blinded Jax and blew Brand up with just Nashor's tooth/deathcap/liandry's auto attacks.

Teemo should obviously be able to 1v1 SOME champions, but many champions have kits or itemization that makes 1v1ing them kinda impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying Teemo wasn't strong before because of vision isn't being entirely honest. He could always shred people, but because his "ult" is countered by a 400g purchase every few minutes and a lack of any real CC, he wasn't strong outside of laning. Well, now, his shrooms are virtually uncounterable AND he can still chunk 400 damage per AA. If they can't do anything to his shrooms with the vision changes, his base damage should be adjusted.
    Plz no...that means I have to max q first and thats boring...

horrible cd.

And if you miss? Hell, even if you reveal a BUNCH, you won't get them all in one sweep because it stops after a few (6? 7?) seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you miss? Hell, even if you reveal a BUNCH, you won't get them all in one sweep because it stops after a few (6? 7?) seconds.
    If you miss, then you have no shrooms to worry about. If you don't hit them all, then obviously don't follow him into the trap.
    *bro fist*

If you miss, then you have no shrooms to worry about. If you don't hit them all, then obviously don't follow him into the trap.
    Because you will be able to sweep every place you step on the map at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    His win rate in normals clearly shows it vs his popularity. I don't think I've seen a win rate vs popularity this high in awhile.

We all know why he's strong, he harasses people map wide into mid-late game and all it takes is one bad step into a particular portion of the map for the enemy team.

This stacked with liandrys equals to nearly half an adc's health with one shroom. 2 equal death or back to base unless they want to be risky & life steal it.

I think teemo is fun at times, he's annoying and its fun to be on his side of it every once in awhile.

I don't think he deserves a nerf directly to him though because the vision changes.

It would just be unfair. It'd be like nerfing adc's because they're doing to much late game damage. Thats their job. Teemo was perfectly fine until the vision changes.

Besides the normal "qq zomg nerf teemo" or "just remove teemo from game riot plz," what do you suggest they change on him?
    Going AP on top Teemo is purely fun, and that's all it will be, to be honest if you're playing Teemo top you should nearly always consider AD, as your job now that shrooms are not clearable through an easy method, you should nearly almost always be backdooring.

Quote Originally Posted by LichKangLoL View Post
    Going AP on top Teemo is purely fun, and that's all it will be, to be honest if you're playing Teemo top you should nearly always consider AD, as your job now that shrooms are not clearable through an easy method, you should nearly almost always be backdooring.
    You are joking me...

I think you're trolling.

AP teemo has been & always will be unless they vastly change it, better...

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

Teemo hasn't been buffed, nor does he need a nerf. If you catch him out in the open outside his shroom nest, he's almost guaranteed to be a free kill. He has laughable sustain unless AD, and then his shrooms only provide vision and annoyance. He's useless in a team fight aside from his Blinding Dart on the ADC, then its mediocre damage output and general uselessness.

/thread
    The thing about this is, the same thing happened in S3 pre-season with the new items where Teemo became a bit more playable, but then he got nerfed. (Reduced base damage on shrooms)
    TheEnst - Starcraft II