Deleted

Question Monk, Rogue or Hunter?

What should I play? I'll be playing PvP with whatever class I choose. Are rogues viable at the moment? Are monks fresh and fun? Are survival hunters fun or repetetive?

I find monks to be horribly overcomplicated for no good reason, i have every class at lvl90 and monks are (in my opinion) by far the worst - and i do mean all 3 of their specs.

Hunters and Rogues are, in a certain way, very similar classes - they both just deal damage, they have very minor self healing, they have A LOT of specialized tools/utility/CC and even their energy/focus is rather similar. Heck, even both classes have stealth in PvP (hunters gotta glyph it).

Overall i found both my hunter and my rogue fun - with the big difference being that my hunter can ALWAYS attack, while my rogue has to go around chasing targets to reach melee range.
    I would suggest you decide between rogue and hunter based on whether do you like melee or ranged - but for BGs it is always better to be ranged.

I disliked monks because...I dunno. Their animations were odd, and their playstyle was like a horrible mash of DK and paladin.

Rogues can easily two shot, sometimes one shot enemy players in BGs, and can always escape when the enemy focuses in on him.

Hunters are the banr of players in BGs, because not only does the hunter attack while moving, he has a pet on you. Hes also not dependent on mana, meaning wizard slayer builds are useless.

Deleted
    All classes are competitive, all 11, so not what you should but what you want to pvp with. It comes to what gameplay you like. Monks have quite high skillcap, but they are realy strong support class if played well. Rogues have good utility as well, good rogue is allways welcomed to rbg team and lot of arena comps, but dont listen to people who claim that they can oneshot, stunlock or whatever- that is not possible with any class against any class if gear is about equal and both classes played correctly. Hunters bring alot of control and reasonable damage, surv and mm are viable in any competitive pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meeich View Post
    What should I play? I'll be playing PvP with whatever class I choose. Are rogues viable at the moment? Are monks fresh and fun? Are survival hunters fun or repetetive?
    Hunter and rogue specs are pretty much playing very similarly within their own class. By that I mean assassinations, combat and sub, are very similar not that they are like necessarily hunters.

I would say role a monk. That's not to say they're op but they've certainly got a lot of attention recently, and that should theoretically make them the best class as they are the newest and learnt from past mistakes. They're also not tied to any sort of lore or rules, so there's a lot of flexibility for abilities and flavour direction. There's also the benefit of being able to perform dps/tank/healer which makes you more desirable in pve and less squishy in pvp.

Monk ofc! It's the most fun class as both dps and healing. You just got everything! Great steady dmg, insane dmg with 10 stacks of brew, good self-healing, paralysis (as cc or gapcloser), great movement (two rolls, one insane flying kick charge, one sprint that breaks roots), teleport, disarm, two aoe stuns, and to top it all they have Touch of Karma with 1.5 min cd, and with the hotfix on karma it actually returns the real dmg that hit you.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies! I was leaning towards a Monk but since so many people say they are repetitive and boring, I feel like they may not be the right class for me. Damn, I think I'll just go for the rogue. The thing is, I feel like rogues have "1 chance" in PvP to do their thing since they have almost no defensives and also no self healing. That is why I belive monks may be viable.

Deleted
    The thing is, I feel like rogues have "1 chance" in PvP to do their thing since they have almost no defensives and also no self healing.
    go and read rogue spell tooltips then, you are clearly skipping alot. rogue isn't glass canon and never was

Thanks for the replies! I was leaning towards a Monk but since so many people say they are repetitive and boring, I feel like they may not be the right class for me. Damn, I think I'll just go for the rogue. The thing is, I feel like rogues have "1 chance" in PvP to do their thing since they have almost no defensives and also no self healing. That is why I belive monks may be viable.
    You probably heard monks are repetitive from a pve player. Windwalker is shit boring in pve, but it's a completely different story in pvp. I have played every class on high level and monk is now my main. It's the only class I can actually do a bg with just for fun (no one needs honor anyway nowadays).

I feel the same way about rogues as you. They can kill you if they have the perfect opener, but after that they are just looking for an opertunity to restealth so they can do the opener again.

Monk PvP is a little goofy. You're very annoying, but not really that effective. Unless you want to be a healer, I'd scratch that off. Between rogue and hunter, both are viable, but they're among the more skill dependent classes in PvP. Especially rogue. Rogue will feel really weak if you don't do things perfectly, and amazing if you do.

Deleted
    If you want good solo and pve damage (raid dps) roll Hunter. If you enjoy PvP roll Rogue to screw over with players for fun. Roll Monk for versatility being able to heal, tank and dps, wich you'l never get bored with this class, then hybrid would be way to go.

Play all 3 classes at least till lvl 10-12 then decide with keeping the advice in mind for yourself.