Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    That was an exaggeration, but the officer tried to drag him to the police vehicle prompting him to "get up" even though he had a broken leg, the bystanders telling him to call an ambulance instead.
    Considering he was being hostile even when he was on the ground they could have proceeded to kick the shit out of him and throw him in the in police vehicle forcefully, they gave him the option to cooperate more then once... maybe next time he wont be hostile with the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly, and even if the victim wasn't black, it's still police brutality. Even if a citizen is bugging an officer I doubt the correct response is to dropkick the civilian down and break his leg, and then drag him around.
    How do you know his leg was intentionally broken?

Deleted
    I hope the officers get fired and a nice long trip to jail

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they wouldn't admit it would they?
    They pulled 3 black people out of the hundreds that were around (it was a crowded place) because they were black, that much is clear.
    Also, keep in mind, Cyprus is not the US, there are a lot less black people around than in the US, they are an extreme minority, so arguments like this do not apply easily.

Were they the only 3 black people in the area? Or where there more there also?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Well whats your second wish from the genie, since that isnt going to happen because they did nothing wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Considering he was being hostile even when he was on the ground they could have proceeded to kick the shit out of him and throw him in the in police vehicle forcefully, they gave him the option to cooperate more then once... maybe next time he wont be hostile with the police.
    Being hostile? He asked why he was arrested, and expected a better answer than "go home to your country and complain about police there"

- - - Updated - - -

Well whats your second wish from the genie, since that isnt going to happen because they did nothing wrong...
    Trying to arrest random people for their skin color and wounding them when they want to know why they are being arrested is nothing wrong?

....ok

Either your morals are F***ed up, or you got serious problems with using that brain of yours(if you even have one)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Being hostile? He asked why he was arrested, and expected a better answer than "go home to your country and complain about police there"
    And yelling at a cop is a good way to talk him into not arresting you, right? It seems to have gone over well for these fine gentlemen, i suggest we follow their example for all future police encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to arrest random people for their skin color and wounding them when they want to know why they are being arrested is nothing wrong?

....ok

Either your morals are F***ed up, or you got serious problems with using that brain of yours(if you even have one)
    He was yelling at the police and very likely pulling away thats why he fell, when he fell its the polices job to ensure he is secured on the ground, somewhere in that process his leg got broken. I absolutely guarantee that had he cooperated with the cops then we wouldnt have a permanent 'gangsta limp' now.

And yelling at a cop is a good way to talk him into not arresting you, right? It seems to have gone over well for these fine gentlemen, i suggest we follow their example for all future police encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

He was yelling at the police and very likely pulling away thats why he fell, when he fell its the polices job to ensure he is secured on the ground, somewhere in that process his leg got broken. I absolutely guarantee that had he cooperated with the cops then we wouldnt have a permanent 'gangsta limp' now.
    1: Yelling at a cop is not worse than arresting random people for their skin color

2: No, he would just have been arrested for being black
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    what I see is someone with handcuffs resisting arrest, trying to move his arms away from the police.

Well, I can't see if it was intentional or not.

1: Yelling at a cop is not worse than arresting random people for their skin color

2: No, he would just have been arrested for being black
    They were being detained at the time, but im sure they are arrested now, yelling worked out well for them.

Deleted
    He didn't try to break his leg , he tried to cuff him... But he is still a dick!

Also, there was no racism. Immigrants are likely to commit crimes more(way more) often than the Cypriots(statistically) and thus they must be inspected more often.
    Last edited by mmoce7f77496c8; 2013-11-29 at 02:43 AM.

He was an idiot for mouthing off. If he had kept his mouth shut chances are nothing would of results, maybe. Instead he decided to be a dick, resist arrest, fallk and somehow break his leg, because he was resisting arrest.

The police are in no wrong. They did their job, like it or not, and will not have anything to answer for from their superiors. The other guy on the other hand will more than likely be charged with resisting arrest + hospital costs + charged with whatever else he was originally being arrested for + more than likely told to leave the country and his study canceled (most countries, if your studying there from abroad and you get arrested, you get sent back to your home country, no questions asked, it's usually in the fine print of the student/work visa's).

Be funny to see how it finally panned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh...it's in Lefkosia.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that in Cyprus. You'd need a competent prosecutor - who also wasn't one of the defendents' cousin/uncle/koumbaros.

wow, what the hell?

Deleted
    Are you kidding me? the guy was screaming at the cops and then suddenly dropped to the ground yelling even more, the cop (as far as the video shows) did nothing but keep him to the ground after he fell.
    Seriously, when a cop stops you you don't yell at him, its common sense. Personally i have been stopped 2 times on the street for no reason at all, did i start screaming why? no, did i ask calmly why? yes, did i get an answer? yes, did i get my leg or anything else broken? no.
    As for the racial slurs im sorry but on the video i heard none.