Poll: Have you ever learned to fly? Ever?

Talking Never learned to fly, ever! You?

Have you never learned to fly? If yes, how is that experience for you?
    It's been a lot of traveling but I like it.

For example, was going to Mulgore as Alliance but there is this huge gate that blocks the way, so I had to find another way into Mulgore.
    I guess people would just flown over, but I could not. But I don't mind. Conscious choice.

What about you?

Deleted
    Man I was sooo happy when I reached level 68(?) on my first char and could learn flying. Was just flying around the world not doing anything. When you fly the first time its really amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to miss out on achievements/quests/etc. that specifically require flying or a round-about way of summoning, then good for you.

Learned it since I had to fly for Tempest Keep
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of the only Warlocks in my raid group in BC so I had to so I can get people to Tempest Keep.

It's been a lot of traveling but I like it.
    Born to crawl cannot fly.

Want to see overall response, and see if there is really something in what some say "flying was a bad thing Blizzard introduced". Not my words, but I'm sure you've seen people say that, so. Hence the poll and question.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    Want to see overall response, and see if there is really something in what some say "flying was a bad thing Blizzard introduced". Not my words, but I'm sure you've seen people say that, so. Hence the poll and question.
    People who don't like flying will still get it because if they don't they will get some disadvantages.

Was so excited when it was announced we were getting flying in TBC, and the fact I play a druid was even more exciting getting birdy form, there was no way i wasnt going to pick it up, and have loved it ever since!

I do enjoy the being grounded time at the beginning of an expack though, for me it definitely lets me get a better feel for the new zones, and then once i hit max level being able to fly over these new zones opens up a whole new way to view them, and pumps life into them in another way.

So I enjoy both flight and ground mounts, certainly wouldn't wish for either to be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did learn to fly, back in TBC. For me, it was a good tool so far, both for making the game more convenient (someone will definitelly bring this up), and to enjoy the game's scenery - I like to fly low, and to go spots with great views (and I often tend to forget myself there x) ), basically reminiscent of nature documentaries that talk about large biotopes and about adventurers.

For example, as with the Mulgore gate, I did fly over it in Cataclysm, yes. But I also tried to find out whether there actually is a land route to Mulgure around it (and I found one, though it's probably not entirely possible, or tough to scale - that means yes, I did the exploration via flying, it's easier to evaluate terrain when one can see more of it). Later on, I found the plateau of crazy critters in Mulgore, which, kind of, made me REALLY wonder just what is my pet going to do when there. Fortunatelly, my raptor hatchling decided not to eat me. x)

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    People who don't like flying will still get it because if they don't they will get some disadvantages.
    There is disadvantages everywhere, more specific? What kind of disadvantages?

Deleted
    Yeah, in a helicopter. I shit myself.

o wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    You had to be able to fly to reach any of the Tempest Keep dungeons and the raid in TBC, + some quest hubs, and the best farming spot for elemental motes. In other words, I've been able to fly since it's been available in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did enough ground work in vanilla and BC. As soon as I can fly I get it now days.
    Aye mate