Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    you cant put Music, Art, Story and Setting into one thing.
    Best music is defenetly MoP, the setting is also best in MoP and WotLK, Storytelling is way different but it got better and better from xpac to xpac.
    Its event hard to decide if the one who made the points mean, that there are good dungeons & raids or a lot of them..even if he mean both, Vanillla must have to be the best cause there are a lot mor than in every xPac, but thats just what it have to be...an expansion.
    Even the World from MoP is really beautiful and has a lot of funny quests inside. The worst thing were the dailyquest flood at the beginning. Knowing that these quest exist, vanilla quest are really really bad, same in TBC!

And the community-point.....the comm was never good imo. I can remember how some laughed about you, cause you are not in BWL and still trying MC. Starting-Event from AQ, where poeple farmed the stuff to open the gates and selled it at the AH...Asshole-Comm imo!
    You see....

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    just another TBC retard. i don't agree with it, and yes i played in bc. it wasn't some fucking godsend.
    you don't have to call people names like that...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    Don't get me wrong... I played that spec back in TBC and I enjoyed it at the time.

But I also thought for the longest time during the same time-frame that "DPS" meant how much damage my shadowbolt did per hit.
    I also remember the pre-nerf Nether Protection that made warlocks incapable of killing each other and made warlocks stupidly broken for certain fights (I'm looking at you Malacrass)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Like a million times over.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Bullshit all over it, expect maybe for community.
    Quests are rated second highest in vanilla with onlz TBC ahead? really? What quests are we talking about in vanilla few spare grinding ones if you take out few starting zones?
    Only low part of WOTLK raiding was TOC and even that wasnt so bad, and i wouldnt downvote WOTLK so much just for it.
    PVP best in Vanilla and WOTLK ? what you smoking bro, first 2 seasons of wotlk not playable from dks second two just one shots everywhere, while pvp is not much better now it definatly isnt worse then it was at some points of WOTLK.
    And his worst point is class design. There were 10 viable specs for raiding (arms warriors due to amount of two handeds no1 else needed to do anything) and maybe later in vanilla some hunters would spec survival with good enough gear but that doesnt change fact they became obsolete in naxx and were brought in just so the loot doesnt go to waste. If you were druid tank you would get laughed on, shadow priest give me a break. If you played mage you could put a rock on your frostbolt key and come back for loot hunter? same shit you could macro everything druid? get enough mana regen and spam that level 4 healing touch all day long paladin? healing gtfo noob rebuff the raid what are u doing? You can find multiple of similar patterns for every class, while classes were probably more diverse you had basicly less then a third viable specs you have today hows that good design?
    And no you couldnt play any spec if you wanted to have fun because there was no solo content expect farming gold.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    They were though. I was on a decent sized server in TBC and I knew most of the people on the server from groups or guilds and most of the server knew me.

Now, I have no idea who is talking in trade chat. I don't ever group with people on my server unless the system matches me or I'm with a guildie.
    It all comes down to realms, My worst experience of community was in TBC, I started in TBC and loved it, But the community was appaling back then to my experience, I literaly only had 1 lvl 70 talk to me when I was a lowbie, They were such snobs it was disgusting, While TBC was by far my fave expac, I would say to the experience of the 5realms I play(ed) on, that Wrath and MoP had better communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quest's have gotten better. There is a reason the least favorite leveling section currently is burning crusade or pre cata-azeroth. Good at the time but not anymore..

Dungeons and raids are fairly good overall. Even the Trial of the Crusader had 2 interesting fights in it's harder difficulties.

PvP has never been perfect and is highly subjective to ones class. I lean more BC, but to say wrath had better? I wasn't a big fan of prot healing or cleave teams. I'll agree after wrath it just spiraled out of control to a point where outplaying the other guy didn't matter half the time because they where never punished for being oom or letting me walk up and stop them from casting or disarming them.

Community has gotten better thanks to crossrealm friends, battle.net, cross realm stuff etc, the games actually bringing more people together it's just not people from your same server these days.

Music and art too subjective to personal tastes I've never not enjoyed WoW's style or music.

Class Design, not touching this. Needless to say vanilla and burning crusade was perfect if you didn't roll druid,paladin, or shaman with the intent of not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I also remember the pre-nerf Nether Protection that made warlocks incapable of killing each other and made warlocks stupidly broken for certain fights (I'm looking at you Malacrass)
    Yeah like I said, as much fun as it was at the time, I'd guarantee whoever implemented a similar style and quality of design in their game would not only have said game flop, but they'd get so much hate mail that they would have to request to be put into the Federal Witness Protection program.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    Yeah like I said, as much fun as it was at the time, I'd guarantee whoever implemented a similar style and quality of design in their game would not only have said game flop, but they'd get so much hate mail that they would have to request to be put into the Federal Witness Protection program.
    Yeah, I'm not saying class design in vanilla and tbc was perfect (or even good really), but it had its charm.

Can't say I agree, really don't.

Some i agree on some i don't.
    Like in tbc with arena coming out i would say they had alot more focus on pvp than stated in the picture.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Complete nonsense, might have as well been done by someone who only knows about WoW by hearsay. The very fact that quests, outdoor content and dungeons from Vanilla are being rated better than Cataclysm and MoP exposes the author of having no clue whatsoever. Superior class design during Vanilla and TBC? Really wonder what this guy is smoking.

10+ Year Old Account
    after i looked twice i see, that this guy must be dumb.....he says that cataclysm is better tha MoP and MoP is the worst expansion.. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    No, although I do think it's about right in terms of community. Art/music was NOT at its height during cata - in fact I would say that that was its low point, and its height was during WotLK. Some of the others are hard to measure. What exactly is good class design? Is it balance? Because the game is basically balanced now, and never was during vanilla.

Yeah I really agree on that picture. PvP is really awful, alot of people have quit arena because the gameplay is terrible. Way too much CC; way too many offensive CDs etc.

Community is completely dead too, perhaps they should disable LF / CRZ for high population realms. I mean that feature was only implemented for people who struggled to find people to play with, aka on low/medium pop servers no?

I also think that raids are waaaaaaaaaay to easy right now, even heroic. Its just too easy. People shouldnt be able to clear it on the spot. It should take months - so that when you finally down that boss you actually feel like you have accomplished something. And the rewards from raiding should not be obtainable in the next expansions (talking title and mount).

first image looks wrong... way too much in the pvp collumn. Pvp was nowhere near that much of a focus in the vanilla game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, although I do think it's about right in terms of community. Art/music was NOT at its height during cata - in fact I would say that that was its low point, and its height was during WotLK. Some of the others are hard to measure. What exactly is good class design? Is it balance? Because the game is basically balanced now, and never was during vanilla.
    Not to mention raid encounters being significantly better designed now than in the past.

What was fun about farming fire or nature resistance gear for 2 months to kill a boss? What was fun about being overwhelmed by brokenly overtuned mechanics or outright bugged encounter mechanics? The mechanics of bosses at the time were piss easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    No I dont agree with your image.
    TBC and Vanilla had a very good storyline, and lore. Cataclysm had almost no lore or storyline. And Sure there was one pandarian in WC2 or 3....but thats not enough to create a whole Expansion based on it. And Wrath of the Litch king had an amazing storyline and lore. So you sir..Are wrong.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, Quests were so daaaamn exciting and inventive in the classic and burning crusade zones. Just to name one. Take off the nostalgia goggles.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2013-11-29 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Yeah I really agree on that picture. PvP is really awful, alot of people have quit arena because the gameplay is terrible. Way too much CC; way too many offensive CDs etc.

Community is completely dead too, perhaps they should disable LF / CRZ for high population realms. I mean that feature was only implemented for people who struggled to find people to play with, aka on low/medium pop servers no?

I also think that raids are waaaaaaaaaay to easy right now, even heroic. Its just too easy. People shouldnt be able to clear it on the spot. It should take months - so that when you finally down that boss you actually feel like you have accomplished something. And the rewards from raiding should not be obtainable in the next expansions (talking title and mount).
    I take it you've killed heroic Garrosh already then?

The reason bosses drop "quicker" now is for 2 reasons:
    1) Top guilds are more refined and experienced and have played the boss on the PTR and normal mode
    2) and this is the main point:

Back in TBC, all 3 tiers were released at once.

You didn't spend 4 months getting all the gear for every raider from Kara, Gruul and Maggy.

You cleared them, then went into SSC/TK severely undergeared until you forced your way past a boss or caught up on the gear requirements (which focused a lot more on gear checks back in the day).

Now you spend 6 months playing ToT, gearing all 25 of your raiders up to the max and all of their alts. So now by the time SoO is out your characters are geared up to the teeth, and have experience fighting bosses on PTR/Normal.