Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One, only because he happened to live about a mile from me. Now he's a regular drinking/golf buddy.

Yep. Pretty much a positive experience and I have been friends with a few for over 10 years.

One was a tad odd. But hey, 50/1 normal person to slightly off person is almost unheard of IRL, so I think I struck the jackpot with guildies.
    Would most definitely do it again.

I've met many of my old guild mates. I'm friends and still keep in contact with about half a dozen of them that are out of state. I have drinks every Tuesday (and play MTG) with one old guild mate, who just happened to stand up there with me when I got married.

Meeting guild mates was a positive experience for me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had beers and burgers with several of my guildies. My guild ranges all across the US. Hope to meet more in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never.. most of them live the other side of the world from me, literally. It's kinda very far to go for a guild meet.
    Wouldn't be against it though if the opportunity presented itself, I think it'd be interesting meeting some of them irl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    No, but more seriously, I have not met any of my guildies irl and I don't care to ever meet them. We play video games, one game specifically, and I'm not the typical WoW player. I enjoy to play sports, hit the gym, smoke/vape weed and maybe catch up on the latest episode of the walking dead.
    Asides from the weed you sound like the majority of my guild tbh.

I was going to meet some people from my guild on a vacation at one point, but everyone went entirely insane the guild sorta broke up before we got around to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Asides from the weed you sound like the majority of my guild tbh.
    Aside from everything but the weed you sound like the majority of my guild tbh.

Deleted
    I am going to now in december

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yes, I have met about 5 of previous guild members in person. Met 3 in Texas my friend and I decided to take a vacation and hang out with them. Also met 2 in Vegas when my friend and I were there.

Deleted
    Yes, she was disgusting and overweight. I told her that she couldn't raid with us anymore and replaced her because it was dramatically affecting her overall health and I was not going to be responsible for it.

Yep, we went to Blizzcon 2010 together, 2 from Canada, 2 from northern New York, and myself from Kentucky. We're still in the same guild, nothing changed, would love to meet up again sometime.
    Last edited by Swampfox2223; 2013-11-30 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I'm not the typical WoW player. I enjoy to play sports, hit the gym, smoke/vape weed and maybe catch up on the latest episode of the walking dead. On top of that, I like to build/upgrade my PC and enjoy opening it up every once in a while to give it a clean. I have a random set of interests that makes it hard to find others that I can relate to. So if all I have to base my common interests on is that they enjoy WoW, chances are I'm not going to enjoy hanging around them for that long.
    Umm... this describes the average WoW player, in my experience... okay most give up the weed once they get a serious job and/or relationship and/or kids - but everything else? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Yes, she was disgusting and overweight. I told her that she couldn't raid with us anymore and replaced her because it was dramatically affecting her overall health and I was not going to be responsible for it.
    Something in this post just absolutely blasted me off my feet. Is it the overwhelming sarcasm or is it the overwhelming ignorance?

Many times and loved it! so many good IRL friends from WoW and 2 ex g/fs lol My old guild even had yearly meet ups in Vegas 21+ only

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and it's unlikely that I ever will since I'm a Canadian playing on an Australia/New Zealand server. I remember my previous guild set up a meet that about 8-10 guildies and their families met up for, but I couldn't go because of the distance.

Yah, we had an IRL meetup with like 8-9 of us for a long weekend.

1 quickly became even more of a friend, to quickly become one of my best friends.

A couple others became even more friends to become good friends with whom I don't necessarily keep super in touch.

And a couple turned out to be pretty lame/shit people and have since fallen off my radar.

All in all, that particular weekend was immensely worth it.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Yeah, first time in vanilla we were like 10 people getting together. I met some of the new faces in TBC and last time was during Cataclysm (before we quit WoW), and we went to Pizza Hut. We play other games together, hang out on skype, and they're pretty much the only reason I have facebook (other than to troll people). I've even ended up working with one of them. While WoW can't really take credit for it, the progression was WoW -> meet IRL -> work together.

Before WoW I played a lot of Counter Strike, and I was one of the admins on my ISP's servers. So the admins had get-togethers, and being a teenager among adults was kind of stretching my boundaries. Nothing bad, but the first time I met people from internet IRL, it felt really (really really) weird. But then you realize they're just people, and things start developing more naturally.

Oh, completely off topic, but kind of relevant. I had Jehovah's witnesses knock on my door today. I didn't know who they were until after I opened the door, but the experience was pretty similar as meeting your guildies. You have stuff to talk about both parties can relate to, but you don't really know each other. Being comfortable meeting guildies probably helped me relate to these poor souls who had to wander door to door on a saturday in several minus degrees celcius. From what I learned from them, people don't seem to treat them as humans. What's up with that?

Deleted
    Met 2 guildies over at one of their summer home last summer, was slightly awkward at times but overall had a good time

15+ Year Old Account
    at least once a year we meet, usualy at a guildmates house, spend a few days partying, but we also visit each other occasionally through out the year, and we´re living in different parts of europe, always fun meeting them
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, most of them live all around the country and I'm not yet able to cope with travel. I've got a couple of friends and guildmates that I would probably enjoy meeting as I've known them for around half a decade now and we're still friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.