Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really like Markus Heitz' series The Dwarves, it is so good it makes me sad none of his other works are translated, as I can't read german

Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin is pretty good (though some people are put off by the amount of intrigue and sexual situations presented).

I still enjoy the Battleaxe/Wayfarer's Redemption series by Sarah Douglass. Actually, I enjoy just about anything she's released.

I've learned that the majority of the books I've liked have been published by Tor, so there's a place to look.

The Shannara books are good, but they will feel like they drag, but you have to keep in mind that Sword of Shannara is THE book that brought fantasy novels into the mainstream.

The name of the wind and wise man fears by rothfuss---probably my favorite books of all time
    The first couple books in the sword of truth series by goodkind after the 3rd or 4th they go downhill quickly.
    Assassin (farseeer trilogy) books by robin hobb
    World war z if you are into zombies, has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.
    Game of Thrones books
    The hobbit--Another multi-read for me
    American Gods
    Lord foul's bane
    The once and future king--I've read this book 10+ times
    Riftwar saga by fiest --very good books.
    The Mistborne books.
    The Lies of Locke Lamora - I just started this series and its very good also.

Just a few of my favorites,
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    The name of the wind and wise man fears by rothfuss---probably my favorite books of all time
    The first couple books in the sword of truth series by goodkind after the 3rd or 4th they go downhill quickly.
    Assassin (farseeer trilogy) books by robin hobb
    World war z if you are into zombies, has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.
    Game of Thrones books
    The hobbit--Another multi-read for me
    American Gods
    Lord foul's bane
    The once and future king--I've read this book 10+ times
    Riftwar saga by fiest --very good books.
    The Mistborne books.
    The Lies of Locke Lamora - I just started this series and its very good also.

Just a few of my favorites,
    if you like game of thrones, the hobbit, and mistborn you should read wheel of time.

2 pages in, and nobody has mentioned Michael Moorcock(the Elric, Corum, and Hawkmoon series are all worth reading, I'll read more of his stuff eventually) or Robert E. "Conan the Barbarian" Howard?(also, besides Conan, he did Bran Mac Morn, Kull, and Solomon Kane, which is my favorite of Howard's work)

The Farseer Trilogy (Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, and Assassin's Quest) by Robin Hobb is probably my all-time, favorite fantasy series, even above ASoIaF, Mistborn, and Wheel of Time. I have never connected or FELT for a character so much as I did for Fitz during the series.

The follow-up trilogy, The Tawny Man trilogy (Fool's Errand, The Golden Fool, and Fool's Fate) continues and brings the stories to a delicious conclusion, though the Farseer trilogy on it's own is a wonderful read.

She (Hobb) has stated that in the near future, she will be working on another series involving the characters. So... yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Name of the Wind and The Wise Mean's Fear are the ones that got me into the world of Fantasy books (and I still rate this books higher than any other books I've ever read in my life, including old classics and such). Right now I'm reading Mistborn Trilogy, it is also quite amazing.
    Planning on reading something from Forgotten Realms after that.

Most recently I've been enjoying the works of Brandon Sanderson (not Wheel of Time, his original stuff). Mistborn, Way of Kings, and Elantris.