Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Man why you gotta reply to the trolls and not my well thought out post, that makes you look almost as bad lol! Just ignore that kid and move on, no reason to type all that up lol.

''When you're on a tight budget you have to compromise here and there'' - The build you made was only $50 cheaper then mine once you add in the Hard Drive, the big difference is the build i posted doesn't compromise on absolutely anything. Its rock solid, high quality everything. That's exactly why i said the extra $75 what it ends up being is 300% worth it, then he doesn't have to compromise on anything.

Rest of your posted didn't bother reading am sure it was filled with insults. Was a misunderstanding, am sure you see can how it could easily be taken the way it was. I apologize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye25 View Post
    That's exactly why i said the extra $75 what it ends up being is 300% worth it, then he doesn't have to compromise on anything.
    You have edited your post so now it's an extra $100 which in terms is $200 extra because there are two systems to be built but who know if those numbers are right you might change them again here in a minute to reflect/backup some other comment.

The builds we (not just me) came up with are still quality, they're within budget and the performance is enough for the listed needs, end of story.

Rest of your posted didn't bother reading am sure it was filled with insults. Was a misunderstanding, am sure you see can how it could easily be taken the way it was. I apologize.
    No insults, maybe you should read it all so you can learn something and see that the things you claim are bad are infact not bad and we have yet to see really anything from all your "top sites/reviews" etc.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-11-30 at 10:57 AM.

For the record, your build was awful rye lol. Overspent on everything, bad psu, under spec GPU for the budget. Literally only things salvageable in your build is the CPU and MOBO.

I wasnt going to say anything to you originally in hopes you would go away, but you have now been told.

Edit: Just noticed you selected 4gb's of ram, ya........nuff said.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2013-11-30 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Man why you gotta reply to the trolls and not my well thought out post, that makes you look almost as bad lol! Just ignore that kid and move on, no reason to type all that up lol.
    Appreciate it, you're always such a good sport

On top of those two things what put me over on the decision for the 760 was that the games he listed are nvidia favored, 760 will be quite a bit faster than a 7870 in wow thats to be certain.
    I agree and the second build without the SSD can easily fit in the GTX 760 and stay within budget. My point is/was that if one card (7870) will more or less max it out then a another card like the 760 won't max it out more, if that makes sense

I disagree with your view on the usefulness of an SSD but OP can decide for himself. It's not just faster boot times, it's also faster loading back in after a crash or DC (which is nice for LoL), reloading your UI, loading of new textures and zones, noticeable difference in D3 or at least there used to be, could have been fixed by now I guess. Smoother feeling system overall in my opinion.

Ya i honestly didnt notice any of those things with my ssd lol. I tested load times with wow when 64bit version came out and the first boot in was 4 seconds faster with an ssd, but logging in out of that toon or alts the load times were exact. 64bit wow made an enormous difference in load times. This may sound funny to some, but ive literally not had a DC or crash on wow in over a year, but i guess if you DC from a game a lot an ssd could come in handy (like i said the first login is a bit faster with an ssd).

Now, if the OP has windows 8 that may be a different story as ive heard windows 8 was actually written to work better with ssd's than 7 was. Ive never had the pleasure (or displeasure, as some would say) of trying windows 8 so i cant say either way.

Deleted
    Fascinate, I almost forgot the RAM/volt question.

1.65v will run. In some cases it will undervolt to run. 1.5v is the Intel standard. With 1.5v 1600MHz you could easily overclock to match the 1866MHz RAM running at 1.65v but then again the speed makes little to no noticeable difference and since the RAM cost pretty much the same I'd just go with the standard.

Ya but at the same price you may as well get the faster ram because haswell loves high speed memory, and 2133 is the perfect sweet spot considering once you go over 2400 this can potentially limit your max cpu overclock (some weird behavior with haswell apparently). I know it has been shown that memory speed plays basically no role in gaming but im sure there are some things you do on your pc that memory speeds do affect. I just think its kind of cool that with haswell you can drop in a pair of 2133mhz ram, select xmp profile in your bios and its done, guaranteed to work, this wasnt the case in the last couple generations. Plus, you get the added benefit of a bigger epeen on your forum sig!

Deleted
    Hehe you see benefit in a non-standard 1.65v RAM but not much from having an SSD; i don't get your logic. Don't have to explain to me. I think I/we have gone enough off topic already. Lets see what OP has to say about it all. The RAM isn't in stock anyway.

Wow, this thread really got going. I'll be reading over it when I get off work in a few hours, so check back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You have edited your post so now it's an extra $100 which in terms is $200 extra because there are two systems to be built but who know if those numbers are right you might change them again here in a minute to reflect/backup some other comment.

The builds we (not just me) came up with are still quality, they're within budget and the performance is enough for the listed needs, end of story.

No insults, maybe you should read it all so you can learn something and see that the things you claim are bad are infact not bad and we have yet to see really anything from all your "top sites/reviews" etc.
    That was changed because originally i posted a wrong part and the price wasnt correct, ty for your concern.

And also i did read all your post buddy, wasn't like it was long...It said Ignore this post..when i was the only other poster.

''I disagree with your view on the usefulness of an SSD'' - But yet on your own system you invested $400+ in SSD's which is f'ing nuts.
    Last edited by Rye25; 2013-11-30 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geforce 660 Overlocked came on top of Radeon 7870
    [url]Not sure where you are getting your info, nvidia has always had a small advantage in blizzard games over amd.
    I never said nvidia doesn't, however that edge only goes so far. A blanket statement that 'nvidia wins with blizzard' mmight imply a Geforce 650ti will beat a 7970 or something.

Regardless, I'm specifically talking about the 7870 Ghz, not the standard, which is usually faster and better than the ones you linked. I can't seem to find any benchmarks mainly because reviews were slim since the 7870 XT came shortly after and stole a lot of the news. Regardless, it's about on par, if not better than WoW in most places... But also $30 cheaper which is kind of a big deal. Beating WoW in a GPU benchmark is ... sort of like arguing on the internet. >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

So i tracked down the prices on your PC parts you paid approximately $413 on SDD's. And $385 on your GPU/CPU combined. *Double slap*
    That's like saying i disagree with the importance of guns while you have a 50. Caliber Barrett M82 hanging on your wall.
    Obviously your wallet aint where your words are. For the same price you could of got a Gigabyte Radeon HD R9 280X OC 1100MHZ 3GB or MSI GeForce GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr. You gave that up for a secondary SSD. -_-

OP would be better off getting the SSD and not getting the HD instead. If there comes a time he's maxing out the SDD he can add a internal or external HD down the road. The motherboard has a lot of good boot options in the BIOS. At least his brother's can enjoy faster boot times and responsiveness.

Your quote - ''I disagree with your view on the usefulness of an SSD'' Earlier you said ''I would honestly go with the one with an SSD as it's going to make everything snappier and smoother feeling overall'' BUSTED. Not to mention again your own gaming computer is rigged to the tits in the SDD department.

Very clear just from that your disagreeing with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me..*Golf Clap*

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, your build was awful rye lol. Overspent on everything, bad psu, under spec GPU for the budget. Literally only things salvageable in your build is the CPU and MOBO.

I wasnt going to say anything to you originally in hopes you would go away, but you have now been told.

Edit: Just noticed you selected 4gb's of ram, ya........nuff said.
    ''Just noticed you selected 4gb's of ram, ya........nuff said''

Hilarious before you embarrass yourself further go to this link http://www.techbuyersguru.com/RAMgaming.php

They tested this in 6 scenarios on 5 current games and difference between 4GB of memory and 8GB of memory was less then 1.5% in every test.

So when it comes to Memory you obviously have zero idea what your talking about.
    Last edited by Rye25; 2013-11-30 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm. I don't think anyone assumed RAM makes games perform better. 4gb just doesn't cut it though. It's like gas in a car. Your car won't perform any different until it runs out. RAM doesn't make the system perform any different until it runs out. 4gb is just not doable anymore these days, with people using dual screens, playing youtube and netflix while gaming.

The only time I recommend 4gb these days, is if someone has no computer at all, and is on a claustrophobic budget of like $400 with OS. If someone catches me suggesting 4gb of ram on any system over 500 bucks, they have every right to smack me.

Heck, I'm running 8gb, and windows is bitching at me for running out of memory... Of course I have Chrome, WoW, CS6, and a handful of other things open.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Erm. I don't think anyone assumed RAM makes games perform better. 4gb just doesn't cut it though. It's like gas in a car. Your car won't perform any different until it runs out. RAM doesn't make the system perform any different until it runs out. 4gb is just not doable anymore these days, with people using dual screens, playing youtube and netflix while gaming.

The only time I recommend 4gb these days, is if someone has no computer at all, and is on a claustrophobic budget of like $400 with OS. If someone catches me suggesting 4gb of ram on any system over 500 bucks, they have every right to smack me.

Heck, I'm running 8gb, and windows is bitching at me for running out of memory... Of course I have Chrome, WoW, CS6, and a handful of other things open.
    There's valid points from me and valid points from you. Buy the sounds of what the OP said these computers will be used pretty much only for gaming, as far as gaming the extra 4GB of memory will basically have zero effect. And since these are Approximately $800 computers.. The chances they'll be running/using duel monitors is rather slim i would say.

Memory will only come into play with multitasking speeds, that's the only realistic and problematic issue i believe will be a concern in this case. Luckily memory is cheap, could throw in another stick for $20-30 bucks..Especially if he ain't getting a Hard Drive..It's still right on budget at $855.

Deleted
    Rest of your posted didn't bother reading am sure it was filled with insults.
    Hmm, so this wasn't you?

And also i did read all your post buddy, wasn't like it was long...It said Ignore this post..when i was the only other poster.
    Yes it said ignore THIS post, how else could I word it... This post doesn't mean "the above post", "Rye's post" or anything else. Seriously what is this, kindergarten?

''I disagree with your view on the usefulness of an SSD'' - But yet on your own system you invested $400+ in SSD's which is f'ing nuts.
    Firstly, what I do with my money is none of your concern.

Secondly, you have absolutely zero idea how much I paid for what I got.

Thirdly, you have zero idea of why I have what I have.

So i tracked down the prices on your PC parts you paid approximately $413 on SDD's. And $385 on your GPU/CPU combined. *Double slap*
    That's like saying i disagree with the importance of guns while you have a 50. Caliber Barrett M82 hanging on your wall.
    Obviously your wallet aint where your words are. For the same price you could of got a Gigabyte Radeon HD R9 280X OC 1100MHZ 3GB or MSI GeForce GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr. You gave that up for a secondary SSD. -_-
    I totally just read this now as I was replying to your other crap. I thought of explaining why I have what i have and how those GPU's you mention didn't exist at the time and how I didn't need a GPU like that bla. bla. bla. It's just not worth it... you have zero common sense, zero people skills, zero reading comprehension. I'm done with you, I'm amazed you still have the ability to write on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Wow, this thread really got going. I'll be reading over it when I get off work in a few hours, so check back then!
    Yeah I apologize, hopefully you're able to sort the nonsense from the actual useful stuff. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the different builds don't hesitate to ask.