My new setup vs Crysis 3

So getting this new setup soon, and wanting to know it's limits.
    (It'll run all games in 1980*1200)

-Intel Core i5-4670K Processor
    -MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming 2GB PhysX
    -Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB
    -Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB BK OEM
    med Windows 8.1

How well will it run Crysis 3? At max settings (with or without AA), is 30fps steady possible? Also how low will I have to go with settings to get 60 fps steady?
    Also are there any great single player games I should try, now that I get a computer that can run something else than Snake?

Thanks for your time and help

10+ Year Old Account
    30fps ought to be doable with AA @1080. More without, obviously. As for other games... there's a billion. I'm sure there are a few threads here and there about 'games I should try'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing looking games to do your setup justice.

Assasins Creed - Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Bioshock Infinite
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    Splinter Cell Black List
    Batman Franchise, in order - Asylum, Arkham City, Origins.
    Metro Last Light (Best looking game ever)
    Witcher 2
    Borderlands 2
    Grid 2 (If you're into racing games)
    Total War: Rome 2
    Mass Effect 1-2-3.

Steam is having some amazing sale on some of these games right now.
    Also for your setup, I would say ultra / FXAA 50-60 fps.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Haven't really tried much Asssassin's Creed, but might give it a go. Already played Bioshock: Infinite, but that's definitely worth a replay now that I can max it out.
    I'll look into Metro, and I get Splinter Cell and Origins (Batman) with my card, so I'll likely try those as well. Same with Grid 2.

Thanks for the suggestions! (Still open for more) - Can't wait to play some pretty games, have been playing on a "gaming laptop" from 2010 for some time, so this will be quite the upgrade, also from 15' to 24' 1920*1200!

I can get 30 fps with 560ti SLI, i5 2500k @4.5 at very high preset with 2x AA at 1080p.

Your rig should be able to do at least that.

Thread moved to sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Haven't really tried much Asssassin's Creed, but might give it a go. Already played Bioshock: Infinite, but that's definitely worth a replay now that I can max it out.
    I'll look into Metro, and I get Splinter Cell and Origins (Batman) with my card, so I'll likely try those as well. Same with Grid 2.

Thanks for the suggestions! (Still open for more) - Can't wait to play some pretty games, have been playing on a "gaming laptop" from 2010 for some time, so this will be quite the upgrade, also from 15' to 24' 1920*1200!
    I'll warn ya now, Assassins Creed Black Flag has some pretty wonky controls on the PC, enough so that using a controller is easier(though they aren't as horrid as they were in Assassins Creed 4). The previous games had a wonderful control scheme for the PC and they went and threw that out the window for some stupid reason.

Metro 2033 will tax most systems, while Metro Last Light will run a fair amount better and it looks amazing as well.

You should be able to play most games at max-ish settings(minus a few select things like AA in some games where it just destroys performance more than making it look better) without any problems, looking forward to a GTX 460 myself.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-12-01 at 05:28 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I'll just hook up my Xbox 360 controller with my computer. Should be fine in Assassin's Creed: Black flag si? (Got the hardware to do so already)
    Metro is that russian apocalyptic underground monster shiz right?
    Last edited by Xeion; 2013-12-02 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just hook up my Xbox 360 controller with my computer. Should be fine in Assassin's Creed: Black flag si? (Got the hardware to do so already)
    Metro is that russion apocalyptic underground monster shiz right?
    Great, and yes metro is all that.
    Easily one of the best fps games in a long time.
    You can grab it for 11 euro on the steam store right now
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Sweet, Hope the deal will last until Friday when I get my paycheck then!

Deleted
    Metro is that russian apocalyptic underground monster shiz right?
    If your pad is wireless, you'll need a 360 controller adapter, which costs around $20.

Oh, Aight. Should be manageable though. The above mentioned games though, are there any more to add to the list that I should give a go at, prefer single player games right now, as I need to download quite some shiz the first few days. (Wow, BF3-4, Hearthstone and so on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Portal 1 & 2
    The Wolf Among Us
    The Walking Dead
    Limbo
    Spec Ops - The Line
    Sleeping Dogs (very underrated game)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Portal 1 & 2
    The Wolf Among Us
    The Walking Dead
    Limbo
    Spec Ops - The Line
    Sleeping Dogs (very underrated game)
    Spec ops is a little....odd. The gameplay itself is pretty standard, the story is a bit better, albeit morbid, though I would have liked more choices.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is pretty good too and the Directors Cut version fixed alot of stuff too.
    Amnesia : Dark Descent is a nice little horror game.
    Darksiders is a nice beat-em-up game.
    Dark Souls is decent too and there are a nice amount of mods to make it more enjoyable on PC.

edit: Forgot some

Mirror's Edge, incredible parkour game.
    Batman : Arkham Asylum, another great beat-em-up.
    Mafia 2 is a good GTA-esqe game if you like those.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-12-02 at 05:09 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.