Page 1 of 2
LastLast

filming instead of helping

Is any one else amazed be the number of people that witness a horrible accident, verbal assault, assulat or criminal ativity etc and the first and only thing they do is film on their phone.
    Are they just gutless wonders or do they want e fame while people die in front of them.
    I think it is utterly disgusting when people fil and do nothing to help especially when no one else is there or helping.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    In regards to criminal activity, filming is sometimes the most important thing one can do. It's evidence that can be used against the suspect in a criminal case.

But yeah, I know what you mean.
    Yeah I know what you mean whith criminal activity not the best example but I guess another example would be racist hate speech on public transport and all you see is people film it and not one person steps in to help

Deleted
    I just had this exact thought now, after coming from a video on youtube claiming to be filming the Paul Walker car accident mere minutes after it occurred. They made no efforts trying to help, he seemed too busy moving around to get better angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I just had this exact thought now, after coming from a video on youtube claiming to be filming the Paul Walker car accident mere minutes after it occurred. They made no efforts trying to help, he seemed too busy moving around to get better angles.
    I know I saw the same thing. The only thing I would ever pull my phone out is to ring for emergency services

the combination of diffusion of responsibility and lack of education and moral values usually lead to a crowd filming an incident without carrying.

Well, to be fair, in many situations, getting involved can make things worse. Offering help is one thing, trying to be a hero is another. We have professionals for that.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Whenever I see a fist fight I film it because it's entertaining.
    Last edited by mmoccb51eef74c; 2013-12-01 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are times i have pondered this myself and it all boils down to exactly WHAT is going on and WHERE it is happening.

Would i step in to stop a beating ? Depends on who is getting beat on and who and how many are doing it. The way the law is in England if i stepped in, threw a punch/kick/dragged the guy off i could POSSIBLY be charged with assault. Yes ladies and gentlemen i would have infringed on the persons HUMAN RIGHTS by stopping them from delivering a un/warranted beating and assaulting them myself.

I would like to say that i would be a hero and try to save lives if i happened to be around when shit went down, but i just don't know how i would react at the time.
    It is a tricky situation, do you risk your body/life to save others or do nothing but document things ?

What type of help could they offer? Are you really going to walk to a car that just crashed, with gasoline spilling out, to try to help someone you don't know? That's not a very good life choice. Besides, someone else most likely called the police by now, so calling again won't help any. Might as well record it.

Why would you put yourself in harms way to help some random person? If someone on a bus is being racist, that's really not my problem. Why would I step in? That doesn't even make any sense. I probably wouldn't record it, but I also wouldn't tell them to stop, it really doesn't concern me. Would probably just turn my music up and move on with my life.

I am not a police officer, I am not any public safety person, there is zero reason for me to get involved in other people's problems. They can deal with it, just like I'd deal with it if it were me in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    What type of help could they offer? Are you really going to walk to a car that just crashed, with gasoline spilling out, to try to help someone you don't know? That's not a very good life choice. Besides, someone else most likely called the police by now, so calling again won't help any. Might as well record it.

Why would you put yourself in harms way to help some random person? If someone on a bus is being racist, that's really not my problem. Why would I step in? That doesn't even make any sense. I probably wouldn't record it, but I also wouldn't tell them to stop, it really doesn't concern me. Would probably just turn my music up and move on with my life.

I am not a police officer, I am not any public safety person, there is zero reason for me to get involved in other people's problems. They can deal with it, just like I'd deal with it if it were me in that situation.
    Not helping to protect your own safety is a far cry from not considering helping to film two poeple burning corpses
    O

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Not helping to protect your own safety is a far cry from not considering helping to film two poeple burning corpses
    O
    If you already decided not to help, the next decision is to stay and watch (film it) or to leave. I guess filming it makes about as much sense as any, in particular if it's the way you're trying to go so you can't leave anyway.

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, the guy saw the car crash, decided not to help because it wasn't his problem, couldn't continue the way he was going because traffic stopped or he was distracted or whatever, and filmed it instead.

If you already decided not to help, the next decision is to stay and watch (film it) or to leave. I guess filming it makes about as much sense as any, in particular if it's the way you're trying to go so you can't leave anyway.

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, the guy saw the car crash, decided not to help because it wasn't his problem, couldn't continue the way he was going because traffic stopped or he was distracted or whatever, and filmed it instead.
    Its still pathetic and disrespectful

Deleted
    Are you really going to walk to a car that just crashed, with gasoline spilling out, to try to help someone you don't know?
    Yes. It has to do with education and how you were brought up, among other reasons, one of the reasons being - cars usually don't explode like in the movies from accidents so there are usually time to pull people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Yes. It has to do with education and how you were brought up, among other reasons, one of the reasons being - cars usually don't explode like in the movies from accidents so there are usually time to pull people out.
    There's quite a bit of difference in time between seeing an accident occur, and rolling up in your car and seeing a car ablaze

Deleted
    Sometimes it might actually help the victim more than them jumping in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated, but this topic reminds me of this:

Deleted
    Have you taken a look at that car wreck? you seriously think any immediate "help" would have made any difference?

Other than teleporting the passengers out of the car before it crashed.

Helping won't get you 100.000 views on youtube nor maybe money from a TV station looking into the story.

Humanity sucks.

Deleted
    well, before it was just people watching, but with the technology we have today and the people who feel the need to share the consistence of their latest shat, ofc they wanna SHARE what they see. Seriously, soon there will be a time when the first thing we get to know about a nuclear power plant having an Accident is when a guy posts a pic of himself planking on a fuel rod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Is any one else amazed be the number of people that witness a horrible accident, verbal assault, assulat or criminal ativity etc and the first and only thing they do is film on their phone.
    Welcome to the 21st century. A century of scumbags and idiots.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."