Page 1 of 3
LastLast

V for Vendetta [A World in Revolution]

Okay re-editing this discussion to steer it in a different way because I feel like there is actually some interesting and fun discussion on this topic to be had. First some house cleaning, below are a few pieces of clips for the interested to watch and absorb. Whatever these clips present, you can take into account the issue at hand, why people would make these things up, how much more evidence there is for crimes against a general population are at hand (these are the ones that have some light shed on them, imagine the ones you never hear about). And last, the title of this thread is literally just a title, the movie is about a rebellion, and for those who are becoming more informed about the workings of this world, there are rebellions all about from Egypt to Syria to Iraq, our world is really starting to look like some police state where the majority of the people can no longer stand oppression.

This thread is about the state of society, the limit to which people are being pushed, the inhumane things that are being done to human beings across the world. If you have something constructive to add, please do, keep the comments on-topic. And last, please support your comments with something besides allegations.

Revolution, is about time that there is some major reform? If not, where is the LINE at which must be crossed before reform does take place?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: For those demanding evidence, my main point prior was that if you were even half-enlightened, you'd see what was going in front of your face. People constantly say that the world is the way it is due to SOCIETY, but we ignore the people who are supposedly governing us of responsibility. Oh yeah they can be elected, hold the wealth, and dodge the blame, because they got you guys fighting amongst yourself believing they aren't to blame. They aren't making the laws, the institutions that define your life. Anyways you wanted evidence, go ahead and actually take your time and examine them now. You probably won't because like the typical mindless zombie you're being fashioned into, you'd rather ignore any evidence and it's much easier, much better to your daily routine to just believe you're not in a cage. You're as free as can be.

Tim Wise on White Privilege
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN8pmhQwcnY
    -I'm attaching this as evidence of people's poor sight to see conspiracy in front of them. Anyone know's that 40 years ago racial equality was garbage, it didn't exist. Tim Wise explains that in 1960s 80-90% white people believed that black children had equal educational opportunity. TODAY you know that is a lie, history shows its true color because it's "no sweat off your back" 40 years later. It's easy to talk about it in the past, but when faced with problems today, you're just as ignorant is my point by linking an article like this.

Robert Leoone - Reckless, pulled over, nearly beaten to death.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5eOknaXgYU
    -This clip is a documentary by an ex-police officer that goes over an EXTREME police brutality case of Robert Leoone. I'll admit the man was reckless, but you'd think when law isn't justice, at least it should still be law when it's not justice. Some people would have you believe the man deserved the beating, who know's he could have very well been DUI but regardless you'd expect the system to work like it should. But this man received an insane beating by police officers, while medical personal turned blind eyes, while denied and expunged later on to protect the institution of "Serve and Protect" (The upper echelon).

JFK's Assassination -Conspiracy Documentary-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71VZxdYxSAQ
    -This is to illustrate how crazy your government will go to cover up their assassination on YOUR president. So at one point I'm attacking democracy in this thread, but on the flip side, if you have respect for your country, your democratic system. Well you should be PRETTY DMAN PISSED OFF that the nominated, and elected person you brought to presidency was killed. Regardless of how long ago it happened. For those who are unaware (Many because it's not covered by any "real news media") the supposed killer, Lee Harvey Oswald, ended up getting shot outside in public during one of those media frenzies. This is the literal classic cover up of killing the scapegoat. He was never convicted, there was never even evidence shown for his arrest. He was detained and held on not paying for a movie ticket. And got fingered for assassinating a President that later the same people wanted you to believe was killed by solely Lee Harvey Oswald and NO ONE ELSE. Case closed?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Added this. This explains why it concerns you.

When you should shoot a cop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9w1HHRMQw
    -A short 10 minute clip going over the general idea of when you should shoot a police officer. It's a very blunt message about your "rights" and how they should be looked at. Something most people don't understand.
    Last edited by Ruinku; 2013-12-02 at 02:00 AM.

Your point got lost in your ramble. Whats the question? Is there a general revolution, a global awakening, if you will? No. No there isn't. Theres stil informed people, and uninformed people, and both those groups pale in comparison to the rather massive group that "just dosen't give a fuck".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinku View Post
    (I'm a believer that B. Johnson/Bushes had something to do with it)
    It was asserted [...]
    You see, that's the problem with conspiracy theories. Nothing but assertions.

I'll let you in on the grand agenda behind all these evil corporations: to make MONEY. That's it. Yes, it sucks the length the some organizations will go to do it. Yes, it sucks that most of the power and money is held by a very few. But it is not evidence of anything other than greed (and probably corruption). It doesn't mean they're out to get you, or that Fingermen are going to try and rape you in an alley after curfew any time soon.

@s_bushido okay you admit it's greed, it's possibly even corruption on a monopoly like scale, those are my additions, but the point is, there's a degree of ridiculousness when someone brings up your sort of defense. The new line for proof is moved further up, when presented with the current state of affairs, you simply move the goal post further down until one day you're in a camp.[okay maybe that's a little far] point being is that the "anti-conspiracy" people are on par with arguing with anyone else who would use logical fallacies. Instead of bringing proof to back up that the upper echelon IS NOT conspiring against general public, you say "that's ridiculous". And end it there as if somehow that's an intelligent addition to the argument.
    Last edited by Ruinku; 2013-12-01 at 09:02 AM.

As we get more and more "civilised" I am sure you will find people get more and more outraged by ever more petty things. You live in a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    As we get more and more "civilised" I am sure you will find people get more and more outraged by ever more petty things. You live in a great time.
    People must always find something to be disgusted with or to complain about lest they truly become enlightened and realize it doesn't fucking matter.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this have to do with a comic
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    I like cheese

Lol a great time? You're naive... You don't know the wars the veterans have been through, the shit people go through. You sit comfortably in a perpetual state of misinformation believing you're the apex of humanity while you rot in a confined space. You claim to be a civil person, who loves their family and friends. However you careless about the people across some imaginary border, some brother you can't even recognize as the same spirit and human you believe you are because he's born over there and you over here.

A great time, sure. Civilized and yet the military industrial complex is a literal black hole for human effort, because well it's a great time to be alive. Cuz you know....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Alan Moore's homage to 1984 and Steve Ditko's 'the question'. With fascism versus anarchy, being better represented in 'homage to Catalonia'. These 'guy Fawkes' masks being top selling masks on Amazon, symbolizes perfectly why such a revolution cannot happen right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol a great time? You're naive... You don't know the wars the veterans have been through, the shit people go through. You sit comfortably in a perpetual state of misinformation believing you're the apex of humanity while you rot in a confined space. You claim to be a civil person, who loves their family and friends. However you careless about the people across some imaginary border, some brother you can't even recognize as the same spirit and human you believe you are because he's born over there and you over here.

A great time, sure. Civilized and yet the military industrial complex is a literal black hole for human effort, because well it's a great time to be alive. Cuz you know....
    Your use of film/comic book narrative that generated 132 million dollars, contradicts the above point you are trying to make.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's Alan Moore's homage to 1984 and Steve Ditko's 'the question'. With fascism versus anarchy, being better represented in 'homage to Catalonia'. These 'guy Fawkes' masks being top selling masks on Amazon, symbolizes perfectly why such a revolution cannot happen right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Your use of film/comic book narrative that generated 132 million dollars, contradicts the above point you are trying to make.
    Because being able to make 132 million dollars is a definitive counter argument to my point? That we do not live in some "great time" so long as people are being violated of their constitutional rights?

There's a poem...
    It goes a little something like

When they came for the Jews
    No one said anything

When they came for me
    No one said anything

I'm dishonouring it and paraphrasing but there's a point. Just because some comic/film made money being a literal message about a revolution in a police state that's a conclusive point that a revolution like such is no where near coming about? lol ask for a definition of a logical fallacy and you've got one right there. That's like saying because people are still voting for a president means we're in a true democracy still Lololololol. Any fool knows that you, me, my mother, your uncle, your boss had nothing to do with a nomination. Some name ends up on a sheet and you like millions vote for A or B. What a miracle of choice.
    Last edited by Ruinku; 2013-12-01 at 09:24 AM.

@s_bushido okay you admit it's greed, it's possibly even corruption on a monopoly like scale, those are my additions, but the point is, there's a degree of ridiculousness when someone brings up your sort of defense. The new line for proof is moved further up, when presented with the current state of affairs, you simply move the goal post further down until one day you're in a camp.[okay maybe that's a little far] point being is that the "anti-conspiracy" people are on par with arguing with anyone else who would use logical fallacies. Instead of bringing proof to back up that the upper echelon IS NOT conspiring against general public, you say "that's ridiculous". And end it there as if somehow that's an intelligent addition to the argument.
    Learn to read what is written, not what you want to read. Bushido agreed that there is efforts from the upper echelons to conspire against the general public. And the reason for that is greed. Humans are in competition with one another. Some people care more about this than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Because being able to make 132 million dollars is a definitive counter argument to my point? That we do not live in some "great time" so long as people are being violated of their constitutional rights?

There's a poem...

No one said anything

When they came for me
    No one said anything

I'm dishonouring it and paraphrasing but there's a point. Just because some comic/film made money being a literal message about a revolution in a police state that's a conclusive point that a revolution like such is no where near coming about? lol ask for a definition of a logical fallacy and you've got one right there. That's like saying because people are still voting for a president means we're in a true democracy still Lololololol. Any fool knows that you, me, my mother, your uncle, your boss had nothing to do with a nomination. Some name ends up on a sheet and you like millions vote for A or B. What a miracle of choice.
    You still haven't really made much effort to clarify your "point".
    EDIT: My quote added your edit. So you have a problem with this illusion of democracy. Which country do you live in, may I ask?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

There's a poem...

No one said anything

When they came for me
    No one said anything

I'm dishonouring it and paraphrasing but there's a point
    You forgot, when they come for you, I will go to the movies and buy a mask off Amazon. The fact that we lean on fiction instead of reality... That we spend money on masks and movies... Is why this is nothing, but a rebel without a cause.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You forgot, when they come for you, I will go to the movies and buy a mask off Amazon. The fact that we lean on fiction instead of reality... That we spend money on masks and movies... Is why this is nothing, but a rebel without a cause.
    Humour him for a while, though, he might learn something

So you're admitting that some people would go to the means of violating rights, assassinated people, giving people unhealthy substitutes rather than costly healthy items....
    Mother of Jesus are you in denial? You're arguing semiantics... Conspiracy or NOT is what bushido mentioned and what I was responding to, can you learn to read? My response is IF this is not a conspiracy wtf is. And regardless back to the point... Doesn't this all warrant some large revolution of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because some comic/film made money being a literal message about a revolution in a police state that's a conclusive point that a revolution like such is no where near coming about? lol ask for a definition of a logical fallacy and you've got one right there. That's like saying because people are still voting for a president means we're in a true democracy still Lololololol. Any fool knows that you, me, my mother, your uncle, your boss had nothing to do with a nomination. Some name ends up on a sheet and you like millions vote for A or B. What a miracle of choice.
    Comic books and fictional movies are not literal messages, but the definition of figurative. What I am saying is the 'movement' is by people who buy masks off Amazon and pay for movies. I am saying that people who say 'lololol' in their posts when trying to make a point are counter productive to the point. It reinforces the misguided nature of taking fiction literally. It's why homage to Catalonia, is better example than 1984, a book that this is a derivative of.

in my view I believe there is a cyber revolution, a first of its kind to be conducted at a bigger scale... people are bringing in there opinions, some have even started cyber hack wars with the government... to be honest it won't be of a great type of revolution that will mean anything though, its like we are just poking at a t-rex with a tooth pick, you're only gonna piss it off

Haha oh well whatever you guys are so thick, no use with arguing when the only thing these forumerers literally bring is name calling and no evidence. Yet you live in a world filled with violence, Black Friday stabbings, presidents assassinated and you're blind and dumb enough to fanboy the world and just say "don't give a fuck, but no there's still no upper echelon killing off people"

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're admitting that some people would go to the means of violating rights, assassinated people, giving people unhealthy substitutes rather than costly healthy items....
    Mother of Jesus are you in denial? You're arguing semiantics... Conspiracy or NOT is what bushido mentioned and what I was responding to, can you learn to read? My response is IF this is not a conspiracy wtf is. And regardless back to the point... Doesn't this all warrant some large revolution of society
    No, I'm arguing that you are counter productive to your own point. I am saying, as long as your idols are given financial incentive for existence, nothing will change. As long as you are dominated by figments of someone else's imagination, that's exactly where your ideology resides.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha oh well whatever you guys are so thick, no use with arguing when the only thing these forumerers literally bring is name calling and no evidence. Yet you live in a world filled with violence, Black Friday stabbings, presidents assassinated and you're blind and dumb enough to fanboy the world and just say "don't give a fuck, but no there's still no upper echelon killing off people"
    Is this just because Walmart ran out of V for vendetta bluray?

>implying the world wasn't tenfold as violent as it is now before
    >implying the world isn't a better place to live now than 1000 years ago

I hope you get killed off, honestly. V for Vendetta was nothing more than a comic book and a movie, it doesn't relate to the modern world. You are literally modern day natural selection.

It's unreal how mad your pseudo-intellectualism is making me.