View Poll Results: A small per-exp patch where we are sent on mission to prevent Garrosh from escaping?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love that

79 65.83%
  • No, Give me WOD already

41 34.17%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb WOD: Pre-expansion patch, would you like that?

Hello all,

As the title says. Would you like to have a pre-expansion patch where Garrosh tries to escape before the trial, we are sent on a mission to find him and stop him. we track him and finally at the end find him. But unfortunately we couldn't stop him for some reason like maybe someone betrayed us again (something like that).

these are just my thoughts

Please vote and let me know what you think

Pretty sure most people want a pre-expansion patch, whether it's what you described or not would be the question.

Scarab Lord
    I'd like one yes, i'd like it to be more lore based, and maybe focus on the Alliance reclaiming Gilneas and the horde rebuilding Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Pretty sure most people want a pre-expansion patch, whether it's what you described or not would be the question.
    What else could it be? I don't see what else they could fit in.

But any thoughts are welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'd like one yes, i'd like it to be more lore based, and maybe focus on the Alliance reclaiming Gilneas and the horde rebuilding Orgrimmar.
    I'd love to buy some lore any day. But this sounds more like aftermath of SOO. Horde rebuilding will be boring I guess ( I'm For the Horde). "Bring me that bring me this i need to fix thing thing" sort of quest would be boring

"Alliance reclaiming Gilneas" I bet alliance would love that. Sad I don't have a Alliance char currently. Once WOD is out I will take a Alliance char to instant 90. I would love to play the Draenei campaign in Draenor.

that's a bit unfair to horde I see.

Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    What else could it be? I don't see what else they could fit in.

But any thoughts are welcome.
    Pushing the beginnings of the Iron Horde invasion back through the Dark Portal.

Although there is still some confusion as to where we will become involved in the story. At Blizzcon there was mention made of the Dark Portal turning red but then there's early concept maps that show us a different entry point and the future site of the Dark Portal on Draenor.

Everyone wants a patch between now and WoD. What you described is the start of WoD, so it won't be the pre-expansion patch, that will be the expansion.

High Overlord
    I would love a pre expasion patch.

Something like a disease that comes out of the "old" Draenor and start to spread turning people into savage zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Everyone wants a patch between now and WoD. What you described is the start of WoD, so it won't be the pre-expansion patch, that will be the expansion.
    It's generally referred to as the pre-expansion patch. i.e. 4.0 was the Cataclysm pre-expansion patch where the expansion release didn't actually happen until 4.0.3a. This would happen in the 6.0 patch

Pre-expansion patches also carry all the mechanical changes to the game that will happen regardless of if you get the expansion or not, like the item squish.

We will likely get a 6.0.# right before release. We usually do, because--aside from flavour events--it's stuff to help make transitioning into the next expansion easier.

Pushing the beginnings of the Iron Horde invasion back through the Dark Portal.

Although there is still some confusion as to where we will become involved in the story. At Blizzcon there was mention made of the Dark Portal turning red but then there's early concept maps that show us a different entry point and the future site of the Dark Portal on Draenor.
    Woah ! Wait ! I didn't understand that ! You mean IH already starts their invasion ? Unlikely I think.

I don't think there will be a quest chain where we try to stop Garrosh from escaping and ultimately we follow him to Draenor. That will take too long. don't you think so? I aam sure there will be a quest not a quest chain. But If that one quest is about "stopping garrosh" then blizzard is wasting an oppertunity

MOP: Speak to Nazgrin, view a small cut scene, find the zepplin, open you eyes and you are already on the coasts of Pandaria fighting alliance
    Cata: Take a quest from Warchief, click on portal tadah you are in a cata 80-85 zone

I think there will be something like this in WOD

1. Speak to Thrall
    2. a cut scene where thrall tell us that we, heros of azeroth has a great duty ahead of us we should help him in stopping garrosh and save azeroth
    3. clink on "random time macchine" or speak to chromie
    4. TADAH you are in draenor

what do you think ?

- - - Updated - - -

It's generally referred to as the pre-expansion patch. i.e. 4.0 was the Cataclysm pre-expansion patch where the expansion release didn't actually happen until 4.0.3a. This would happen in the 6.0 patch

Pre-expansion patches also carry all the mechanical changes to the game that will happen regardless of if you get the expansion or not, like the item squish.
    Exactly! You have put it correctly.

Wouldn't like a pre-patch if it meant delaying the actual expansion.

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING but scenarios. For the love of God, no more scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    We will likely get a 6.0.# right before release. We usually do, because--aside from flavour events--it's stuff to help make transitioning into the next expansion easier.
    This time there are not really much new talents/spells unlike prev exp. I don't see a reason why they would release a patch only for "transitioning". They are changing nothing in Azeroth except Orgrimmar.

I love pre-expansion patches and hope we get one. A nice little tie up story wise, start learning the new mechanics, and a fun event or two is always nice. I sense a global event with savage orcs or iron horde showing up all over the place. Like the zombies and elementals before, maybe with a dash of scenario or some retaking etc.

Just long as it isn't as bad as pre-cata when my Warlock took 20% nerfs to all damage spells across the board. That was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Wouldn't like a pre-patch if it meant delaying the actual expansion.
    Ture, I agree. A small patch with a Small quest line should fit in i guess.

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING but scenarios. For the love of God, no more scenarios.
    I am with you Mr. angrybathtub. But you know what Blizz will exactly do what we hate. Believe me.

This time there are not really much new talents/spells unlike prev exp. I don't see a reason why they would release a patch only for "transitioning". They are changing nothing in Azeroth except Orgrimmar.
    They are changing item stats, they're changing professions, they're changing a lot of stuff. There WILL be a 6.0 transitional patch, it's only the 5.5 lore or whatever patch that they've cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Here I thought I was the only one that didn't like those. Heh.

*coughitemsquishcough*

x.0 patches have always contained the mechanics and content that will be available to everyone regardless of if they buy the expansion or not. I don't see why they would change that now.

Oh yes ! I almost forgot itemsquish.

How badly i want to see my char in new avatar with a believable HP.

6.0 should also remove some stuff from the world too. I imagine the northern barrens will be going back to normal, as well as instating Vol'jin as the Warchief in Org. Stuff like that.

Pointless poll /thread is pointless,,,

there has always been a pre- patch before the expansion...