Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Arthas' story is done.

However, Bolvar could lose control of the remaining Scourge, or decide that Scourging Azeroth is really a good idea after all (because of whispers).

Yes, Wrath was pretty good, as is the DK starting zone (barring that awful vehicle quest, but meh, I don't really dig the DK class anyway) But, really, Arthas should stay dead and buried.

Illidan, on the other hand ...
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-12-01 at 09:19 PM.

No, I do not think they need to or should bring back Arthas.

They actually succeeded in a satisfying end for him and gave his story some closure. Bringing him back would cheapen what was and still is one of the most satisfying expansion climaxes and story arc conclusions in World of Warcraft history.

Illidan could be argued for a return because of his Arthas-like popularity, but also because his story end was not satisfying and did not provide closure, nor did it stay true to his characterization. There's nothing to cheapen.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Bring Arthas back? No. Just no.

The game did not "end" when Arthas died. I get it, Arthas was a big char for Warcraft the past 10 or so years, but his part in the history of Azeroth is but a drop of water in a very large bucket.

Anyone who truly believes that Warcraft or the game "ended" with Arthas either don't deserve to have their opinion respected or needs to read more about the very expansive history of Azeroth and everything connected to it. Arthas was ultimately a nobody. He was a huge threat for a very small space of time.
    With that said, they should keep Illidan dead too.

Deleted
    I disliked him in his human form, he was the most boring spoiled son one could imagine, typical blonde guy.

Deleted
    This would be a bad move imo. Ultimately Arthas himself got a pretty good resolution (even if the wider "there must always be a Lich King" thing didn't make much sense.). Bringing him back would be a misguided attempt to relive WoW's glory days and ultimately could never live up to people's expectations. I think Blizzard realises that WoW needs to move beyond the RTS games and bring in new lore. Mists did this and I think that WoD (Ironically I know) will as well, because we'll be seeing Draenor to a degree of detail that we've never seen before.

Illidan is a different story. He got very poor closure, so it'd be better to bring him back to redeem him somewhat - both in character and in writing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel that arthas dying kinda killed a big part of wow. But. Do not bring him back. I do think they need to continue other core stories of old azeroth.

Deleted
    while blizzard burned our famous villains too fast, they are dead. move on

I imagine when they finally do continue the story of Bolvar that Arthas will in some way make an appearance. Maybe part of his soul was forever infused in the lich kings armor or frostmourne? Could work...

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point? To kill him again? It wouldn't be as satisfying the second time and I suspect would leave a bad taste with everyone. He's better off with the ending he got. I won't argue that the game could use some really compelling villains but bringing back old ones over and over is cheap and bad writing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Lets make death meaningless, shall we? Lets bring everyone back to life!

Things are bad enough already. Death needs to be important instead of a timeout while we gather the dragonballs...

No. Arthas is still single handedly the worst villain WoW has had. I mean, sure Deathwing had no personality, so he scores a zero, but Arthas scores minus points.

They don't need to bring back Arthas. As long as they bring back an entity wearing the Helm of Domination with the title of being the Lich King it's still going to be popular. As long as they have the image fans should be sated. Plus, Illidan is almost as popular, bringing him back should do the trick too.

Personally I don't want to ever see another Lich King mess around again, but it's inevitable as some point.

He's not one of the most recognizable characters in all of gaming, you're fucking crazy for saying that! I know people who have played WoW for around 10 years who couldn't even pick him out of a lineup. Some people just completely disregard the lore. And I too, don't give a shit about the lore so I suppose I don't really care if they bring him back or not. Although I have to say...in just about any possible situation: book, movie, videogame....anytime you kill off a main character and bring him back later it's a desperation play. "Hey let's bring back that really cool dude that so many people loved to see if we can get some subs back."

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I disliked him in his human form, he was the most boring spoiled son one could imagine, typical blonde guy.
    Amen to that. Also he killed Uther. Shit-head.

I was lucky in a way, I started WoW having played years of Warcraft and Warcraft 2; but skipped Warcraft 3. So he was never this uber-character for me as I was always much more of an Uther/Turalyon/Danath fan. Danath... he could do something... instead of farting about in Honor Hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You described Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    No. Unless they bring back douchebag-paladin-Arthas or douchebag-DK-Arthas. But no no no no for the WotLK-style LK-Arthas. Oh my god how they raped that character in the expansion. "I would've succeeded if not for you medling kids!" So much for a badass villain..

Edit: Tbh bringing back killed characters is never a good thing. So no, don't bring him back, it won't do any good.
    What would have been a good ending?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt like how they handled him in WoTlk very much, but he should stay dead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    guys...all of u can be right...we do know with the WoD coming out..ner'zhul is also here...we have much time to see what will happen next...maybe blizzard will rewamp the stories of some heroes and maybe not...but yes. hes a super character

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You described Anduin
    Hmm, as soon as Anduin went off to learn under Velen he grew up a fair whack. Aready making better decisions than Arthas did. This is Blizzard so ofc that could change next patch. Only thing he maybe shoulda waited on is the whole Ancient Bell thingie, got himself into hot water there, but that was for courageous reasons more than self-glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You described Anduin
    No, it really doesn't. Anduin is privileged, but he doesn't act spoiled.

Anduin is far less entitled and arrogant than Arthas was. He's also more diplomatic and gentle in his dealings with both his enemies and his peers. He doesn't value power, and he has more integrity, but he is more thoughtful and slower to act. Anduin is more of a thinker and less of a doer than Arthas- Arthas is a speaker and Anduin is a listener. Both of them can have reckless moments when they're forced to make a split second decision, but Anduin tends to think of the effects of his actions on either individual people or on massive "whole world" scale, while Arthas was a better "prince," concerned primarily with the wellfare of his Kingdom itself. It's classic Discipline priest versus Retribution paladin. One focuses on support and protection, the other on righteous offense.

If you don't like a character, that's fine. But don't misrepresent or completely misinterpret a character to more easily justify why you don't like them.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-12-01 at 09:46 PM.

No, Arthas and Illidan should stay dead.