Falsified Federal Documents

I know someone who made false orders in the military to give to a landlord so this person could move out and somewhere else.

A. Is this prison time for the person in question?

B. Is the Landlord entitled to anything for false break of contract?

He couldn't just move out? what?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

She actually and you sign a lease when you rent for a certain amount of time. The only way to get out of it is through extreme cases I.E. transfer orders for military. Yeah you can just move out but the landlord gets to keep the deposit at the very least in that case which I know the landlord gave her the deposit back because of the false orders.

Who cares victim less crime, happens every day all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Victim less? The landlord is now without tenants and makes losses on his property as long as he doesn't find new ones.

Most people just find someone else who will buy their lease and take it over.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Victim less? The landlord is now without tenants and makes losses on his property as long as he doesn't find new ones.
    You mean he gets to raise the rent once new people move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Most people just find someone else who will buy their lease and take it over.
    It's called sub-leasing, or assigning your lease. Laws about that vary, and the landlord may have to consent. Many landlords are d-bags. But yeah, subleasing would be the better option. lol.

You can also sublet, but then you're still on the hook for the rent if the new people don't pay it. This is mostly used if you're just going to be gone a few months, like your school apartment during summer break.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for a fact that in the United States, compensation in the form of money, typically, must be paid out. If it wasn't necessary or the officer didn't go through the appropriate red tape, I'd say it sounds illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Trust me it was not victim less. The victim is the only reason I care.

falsifying government documents=criminal (notify authorities)
    breaking lease= civil (landlord sues for rent for remainder of lease)

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Trust me it was not victim less. The victim is the only reason I care.
    Then contact someone who can do something about it, and move along.

I had two landlords, both were scummy fucks, this is why i have no sympathy for them.

When i was 18 moved into an apt, a few months in my ceiling in my bedroom started to leak water, notified the landlord 4 times, never came out, never fixed it. Came home the ceiling, was on on my bed. Just packed up, and moved the fuck out.

When i got divorced i moved into a 4 APT building, my across the hall neighbor was some shit teen couple who always got drunk, and the dude would beat on his woman, i usually called the cops once a month, on them. Well, went out of town for a week, came back and noticed an eviction notice on my door. Apparently the stupid fuck next door caused a shit ton of damage, and blamed it on me. Good thing i have proof i was out of town, like gas receipts, and restaraunt receipts. So i thought it was settled, until i got a court summons, for property damage, from the same incident. So they tried suing me, since they couldn't sue the other couple, because they moved out of state. Luckily for me again, i got bank statements, proving i was out of town, and the judge dismissed the case.

So yeah, fuck landlords.
    Last edited by Åmbulance; 2013-12-02 at 08:16 PM.

Telling that individual that you know they falsified the docs could fix it, if not then do what must be done.

Though ruining someone's life over a lease contract is really sad, and if it ends up happening, will it be really worth it?
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    Telling that individual that you know they falsified the docs could fix it, if not then do what must be done.

Though ruining someone's life over a lease contract is really sad, and if it ends up happening, will it be really worth it?
    eye for an eye i suppose