Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    America has a history but no culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't you dare ruin my image of Australia.
    Life in Melbourne mostly consists of drinking lattes in outdoor cafes and nobody ever whacks shrimp on anything.

Nobody wears hats of any kind, even with corks on them. "Gudday mate" is rare and really only people from the sticks talk like that.

We do ride kangaroos to work though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Well to be fair, many Australians will have close encounters with deadly spiders such as Redbacks throughout their life, but bites are rare (since you are just more careful over here) and antivenoms are ridiculously easy to access.

Note: Those who live in Sydney, you do not just simply put your hand inside a pool filter.
    My dad's shed was full of redbacks. My parents just said "yeah don't touch them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    We're Australia with more guns, less cunts, more walmarts, more Subway restaurants, and more freedom*
    As an Australian that has travelled the United States extensively, I prefer to view it as;

We're Australia with more murders, less truthful people, more places to waste money in general, more Subway restaurants (you can keep this because pffft Subway), and more freedom or so the government tells me*
    As a general response however, there are houses in Europe twice as old as your entire country. Do you seriously want to know why some parts of the world think you have no culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Notice they didn't mention the last time a koala killed someone...
    Don't be silly, koalas are harmless.

Dropbears on the other hand...

I think when people say that, they're referring to the fact that we don't really have anything specific to us (gun jokes aside.) We're basically just a bunch of other cultures that existed way before our country did, rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I think when people say that, they're referring to the fact that we don't really have anything specific to us (gun jokes aside.) We're basically just a bunch of other cultures that existed way before our country did, rolled into one.
    That's only true looking out from inside.

Well as long as you still ride kangaroos to work. Strange that so much has changed between the now and the time that documentary Crocodile Dundee was made.
    Where is the up vote feature?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I dunno, there's a lot of *cunts* in America. We also have much better Bacon then Canada no matter how much they want to brag.
    In Australia "cunt" can be a term of endearment. If a baby's first word is "cunt" it's probably Austtalian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I meant define what you mean by culture, as it is such a broad category that even types of occupations can have a culture.
    Traits associated with the country

Less that are worth shagging, which isn't great considering you have over ten times as many to choose from.
    Yeah I've got a thing for Australian girls too
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    America has a history but no culture.
    Clearly you've never been to New Orleans

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do all of the funnel webs end up in the pool filters? Like is that really that common?
    Something about them liking moist/wet environments or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    You guys use the word "freedom" a lot, I dont mean to bash; but when you compare "American" freedom to "Australian" freedom, I just cant help to ask myself - what is the difference, and then I remember this:- Again, not a bash, but calm down on the "we are free" section. Sure you are, as is the rest of us.

According to this comprehensive and collaborative ranking done by several organizations we're 7th in overall freedom. Guess who is first.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.or...stumberger.pdf

I still say we're first. As Americans we don't measure freedom in the ability to live peacefully or being able to do what we want. We measure freedom in the percentage of people in church on Sundays, number of sacred effigies dedicated to Ronald McReagan, and our ability to bring God's judgment upon those freedom hating terrorists in the middle east or anywhere else in the world, like France.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Life in Melbourne mostly consists of drinking lattes in outdoor cafes and nobody ever whacks shrimp on anything.

Nobody wears hats of any kind, even with corks on them. "Gudday mate" is rare and really only people from the sticks talk like that.

We do ride kangaroos to work though.
    This is how average Californians view you

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Well, it is kinda new; that's one reason...

Also, now, the Western World has one "universal" culture. America has a very big contribution to this Western World's hyper-culture, but still... it is shared with all the others, thus making it not very unique.

In Australia "cunt" can be a term of endearment. If a baby's first word is "cunt" it's probably Austtalian
    I grew up in Perth's suburbs where "cunt" is a synonym for "person".

And the highest accolade that could be bestowed upon you was "boss cunt".

Because Fox news and Judge Judy are now global. The US has been hard selling garbage for 50+ years so why is anyone surprised? Anyone with talent is being drowned out by someone with whiter teeth and a better marketing team.

P.S. Cheese in a spray can isn't helping either....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how average People from LA view you

[video=youtube;9_leVyg4o7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_leVyg4o7o[video]
    You lump me in with them again and I'll cut you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

I just ask where tho perspective springs from?
    Its because our culture is now a part of every other countrys culture. So when they look at us they see a country that does the same things everyone else does and think we have no culture.

BBQ, Football, and Big block chevys. Sounds like culture to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because they're looking at Shakespeare and Beethoven versus Honey Boo Boo and Kim Kardashian.
    Soo England has a guy who writes dick jokes and a (non-English) nutjob, and we have a girl with a nutjob mom and a dick joke?

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    You lump me in with them again and I'll cut you.
    I like how they disagreed about whether or not you're born with an accent.

NATURE OR NURTURE!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Soo England has a guy who writes dick jokes and a (non-English) nutjob, and we have a girl with a nutjob mom and a dick joke?
    Touche.

I like how they disagreed about whether or not you're born with an accent.
    Well you arent born able to talk and where you grow up usually decides what your accent will be so you probably arent born with it. Kids of immigrants or people from other accent areas have kids that talk like locals. I guess thats not obvious enough for them.