Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

Another Fat Shaming 2.0?

So a woman posts a " seflie" of herself 4 days after her giving birth. AND people are already back lashing against her. Except this time no snide remark was made, she simply posted a picture of herself.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom...215700858.html

Are we moving towards a society that people can't be proud of how they look, in fear that someone will feel slighted for their own misfortunes?

Deleted
    Some vocal minority complaining about nothing, big deal.

When you post something online you lose all rights to feel bad when someone says something. The internet is full of colossal douchey assholes who think that making someone feel bad about them self is not only fun, but will help them feel better in the end.

Tldr; people on the internet are mean.

Yes, because the gimmi-gimmie generation is now being shown up by the few that actually believe that you can strive for more than low hanging grapes.

The world doesn't revolve around 'you' (said in general to all that would feel the world does revolve around them).
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Are we moving towards a society that people can't be proud of how they look, in fear that someone will feel slighted for their own misfortunes?
    Sadly, yes. We're moving towards a society in which if one person claims they're offended, we're to say sorry and never talk of it again.

All this is is a woman who is proud of how she maintained her body through her pregnancy. The offended parties just sound like jealous crybabies who either never looked like that and never tried to because it was too hard. Sure, there are fat people genetically, just like there are skinny people, but shaming anyone because they make you feel bad about yourself is just pathetic.

This woman did absolutely nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why does some random person have 245,000 instagram followers?
    My guess is, she is kinda hawt.

She looks good for sure.
    Just a lot of douchebags that hides behind the internet. Might be hard not to be hurt if you're not used to it though.
    Why does some random person have 245,000 instagram followers?
    Because she looks good and takes pictures of herself in underwear, would be my guess :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

If a picture of someone hot makes you feel bad, it's you, not them.

Quote Originally Posted by quoted from the article in the OP
    "This is not a selfie. This is an act of war,"

Some people on the internet really are that insecure I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    She looks good for sure.
    Just a lot of douchebags that hides behind the internet. Might be hard not to be hurt if you're not used to it though.
    It's sad that people just can't be happy for themselves, that their is always ten people lined up waiting to tear someone down, because of their own insecurities.

Pathetic.
    She's famous because her husband is, something about soccer.

It's an internet defense mechanism. People post something that empowers them? SCREW YOU GUYS, IT OFFENDS ME!

There is no such thing as 'well good on them' when the person feels they deserve the praise more than the person that got it.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Well, those people being overly sensitive and attacking her are making her more famous than anything.
    Just like overzealous feminists they are not helping out their own cause by being fucking whiners and overly aggressive.

Pretty sure because of them her instagram followers count went up by a lot
    Last edited by mmoceb381e0edb; 2013-12-03 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    She's famous because her husband is, something about soccer.
    Ah yes, her husband is a soccer player.

It's sad that people just can't be happy for themselves, that their is always ten people lined up waiting to tear someone down, because of their own insecurities.
    Yeah. I do like when i see some long post with almost nothing but nice replies. It gives me a fussy feeling for the OP, because it's so rare. A bit like finding the holy grail.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

many fat people want to believe it's okay for them to be fat. also, they want everyone else to believe it too.

they know it's not healthy and they are lying to themselves. this conflict makes them very angry so it doesn't take much to set them off.

Ah yes, her husband is a soccer player.
    Oh, still dumb, but less so.

It was in the article.

Anywho, what she's doing is good, showing people who want to wreck their bodies with breeding that you can bounce back... somewhat.

So a woman posts a " seflie" of herself 4 days after her giving birth. AND people are already back lashing against her. Except this time no snide remark was made, she simply posted a picture of herself.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom...215700858.html

My main issue would be that my mom or wife just posted a picture of herself in bra and panties for the world of internet to jerk off to. At some point you should stop being a raging slut bag. For me and family, that would be motherhood. To each their own, I guess.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with that, at least she hasn't let having a child keep her from staying in shape. A healthy mom means a healthy baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    At some point you should stop being a raging slut bag.
    If you're covering your genitals you're being modest enough.