Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Killing all 3 Extreme Mode Primals will also yield 1 "high level" accessory per week.
    Ah, free ilvl 90 (I hope) accessory a week, nice nice.

I can already see the demand for buying Extreme Primals, just need to be able to farm it on 7 people fast

Also it will be nice for more alt classes

My computer just couldn't handle it. So I gave up almost immediately after creating my first character.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My computer just couldn't handle it. So I gave up almost immediately after creating my first character.
    You planning on a PS4 at all?

I ended my subscription after this last month in favor of simple returning in January or February, I imagine I'll have a few things to look forward to.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You planning on a PS4 at all?
    No plan at this time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    my question is: is final fantasy realm reborn a flop?
    i was having an argument with my guildmates (wow snobs that like to boast about how other mmos are dead and cant hold a candle to wow) and he told me FF14 was a flop with almost no userbase and in decline. now, i have no way to prove his argument wrong(tho obviously he cant back up his fanboy hating) so how can i know if FF14 is or not a flop? and what constitute an mmo being a flop? not having 10million users? 1 million users?
    People have bizzare views of sub numbers -_- Anyways, officially FF14 has over 600k paying subscribers. That's not a bad start. SE said for FF14 to be considered "successful" it needs 400k subs. So FF14 is quite successful from SE's pov. We will see how things go in the future. For people who believe in "5 million+ subs or gtfo"... just leave them in their own little world.

Personally speaking, I am having great fun and it is fairly easy to get into a group for dungeons (~30min wait as dps or instant with a tank, about the same as wow). I will hit max level soon (lvl 38 atm) so I will see what raiding is like then.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

but surely CT would be nice to gear up alt classes.
    The one loot per week would hinder that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one loot per week would hinder that.
    I am not sure if CT will be 1 loot per week, mainly due to the part that it is doable in DF. While in WoW, LFR only let you have 1 loot per boss per week, and that works fine, in a much smaller scale, especially not the top end gear, I am not sure how well will 1 loot per week works. I would suspect they want to keep people constantly be using DF so there are always groups for it.

Also I suspect it will be like Coil? Turn based? I don't think it will purely be 1 chest a week only. It will be 1 chest per 8 people, but I would assume it is 1 chest per boss/Turn instead of per week.

Any it WILL still be good for alt classes, as at the moment I have no other means to gear up my 4th class past crafted 70s and DL.

I am not sure if CT will be 1 loot per week, mainly due to the part that it is doable in DF. While in WoW, LFR only let you have 1 loot per boss per week, and that works fine, in a much smaller scale, especially not the top end gear, I am not sure how well will 1 loot per week works. I would suspect they want to keep people constantly be using DF so there are always groups for it.

Also I suspect it will be like Coil? Turn based? I don't think it will purely be 1 chest a week only. It will be 1 chest per 8 people, but I would assume it is 1 chest per boss/Turn instead of per week.

Any it WILL still be good for alt classes, as at the moment I have no other means to gear up my 4th class past crafted 70s and DL.
    Yoshi P already stated that. 2 chests per boss, but once you cast a lot, you won't be able to cast any lots until the next week. Check my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoshi P already stated that. 2 chests per boss, but once you cast a lot, you won't be able to cast any lots until the next week. Check my post.
    Can't, checked the link but post removed by SE XD

Is it just 1 boss/Turn in CT then?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought was 3 chest per boss? One chest per 8 man, each 8 man Need/Greed 1 of the chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    No, infact, it's actually kind of scary to see just how many people sit in places like Coerthas and grind FATES to get classes to 50. Currently rolling Balmung and it's sickeningly populated, usually a 50+ person que at most times during the day, things slowing down at night of course. Not to mention how strangely addictive the game is, atleast for me. Been playing wow for 8 years and it's nice to have a story that make sense (Even if it's full of FF style cliche and plot twists you can taste ten miles away).

Makes me happy to see a "little guy" mmo actually be successful, especially one I personally like.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Been playing wow for 8 years and it's nice to have a story that make sense (Even if it's full of FF style cliche and plot twists you can taste ten miles away).

Makes me happy to see a "little guy" mmo actually be successful, especially one I personally like.
    Yeah there are some little surprises here and then that I like:

While the story as you said have some cliche plot twist, I like how the basic story is now much more mature, or at least, have mature factors in them:
    - girl at Ala Mhigo got raped
    - massacre at the Waking Sand
    - burying bodies

Just the general feel is they are not all "fairy tale everything is pretty and full of rainbow".

I also like the fan services so far:
    - the original FF2 battle theme re-make (OMG THAT TUNE!!!!!)
    - the Magitech are same as the ones from FF6
    - CT WAR/PLD gear is the Warrior of Light gear from original FF1
    - Coil T4 you are encountering waves after waves of enemies from FF13
    - Lightning (FF13) visit to Eorzea
    - very soon they adding Dragon Quest mob FATE and a giant Shanttoto (FF11) battle.

I am sure there are more just probably I missed them.

- - - Updated - - -

NES original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E24gjYdwQg0

PSP / iPhone remake:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8TdhrqIc9c

FFXIV version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_ruqUF1Sc

Love the tune!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the leveling experience but I must admit, it doesn't seem casual friendly. I know in the MMO world "Casual" is a dirty word but I Just couldn't bring myself to grind and grind and grind and grind and grind AK. So I'm holding off until the new patch comes out. I'm actually still subscribed to it and log on occasionally just not taking it to seriously until I have more time to actually start raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    He obviously doesn't realize how big the FF series is. This is way beyond just one more WoW clone.
    how could anyone even call FF14 a wow clone lol

FFXI release date: 2002
    WoW Release date: 2004

yup even though Square had an online final fantasy 2 years before WoW it must be a WoW clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Yeah there are some little surprises here and then that I like:

While the story as you said have some cliche plot twist, I like how the basic story is now much more mature, or at least, have mature factors in them:
    - girl at Ala Mhigo got raped
    - massacre at the Waking Sand
    - burying bodies

Just the general feel is they are not all "fairy tale everything is pretty and full of rainbow".

I also like the fan services so far:
    - the Magitech are same as the ones from FF6
    - CT WAR/PLD gear is the Warrior of Light gear from original FF1
    - Coil T4 you are encountering waves after waves of enemies from FF13
    - Lightning (FF13) visit to Eorzea
    - very soon they adding Dragon Quest mob FATE and a giant Shanttoto (FF11) battle.
    Oh no, I definitely agree, those mature themes, especially burying the bodies at the waking sand, that pulled some heartstrings that I didn't think was possible for an mmo to do. It's actually been a very very long time since I actually felt empathy for characters on that sort of level in an mmo.

And the fan service is to be expected, but to this level is pretty fantastic. ^^
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Can't, checked the link but post removed by SE XD
    I posted 2 other sources underneath the removed link: The reddit thread that had the translation posted into the thread, and the other statement from Yoshi P. I noticed that right after I directed you to it and edited the other links in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    how could anyone even call FF14 a wow clone lol

FFXI release date: 2002
    WoW Release date: 2004

yup even though Square had an online final fantasy 2 years before WoW it must be a WoW clone.
    FF14 uses more "modern" mmo standards, but FF11 was def an EQ clone. SE even admitted that, but it was still good for its time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't say how many boss/chest a week is, so at that point is unknown.

However it did say something like, once you have cast lot and obtained an item, then you won't be able to get another item, to me it seems to say:

1) you can run it as many time as you want until you get an item
    2) IF there are more than 1 boss and both drops items, once people gotten something they would probably leave (actually it WILL happen, see LFR)
    3) If you keep running, you are pretty much guarantee 1 piece from CT every week

However I see point 2 will be an issue:

a) killed first boss, got an item, cya!!!!
    b) join a mid run but the boss I need stuff from already dead, cya!!!!!

Let's see how are they implementing it, but I can see some issue in this system already, from WoW's LFR experience.

If I own the original copy back in 2010 and it was a collectors edition do I have to re buy APR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    If I own the original copy back in 2010 and it was a collectors edition do I have to re buy APR?
    Nope even a regular version is free,....However you do NOT get the new CE bonuses...

Also you MAY qualify for legacy depending how long you subbed which means you keep all your toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nope even a regular version is free,....However you do NOT get the new CE bonuses...

Also you MAY qualify for legacy depending how long you subbed which means you keep all your toons.
    I just checked now and updated my info and I was able to get the CE bonus for free. I also have been gone for about 90 days or so. Re downloading the game now and getting it updated.