Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I have never had any really good days. I don't seem any good ones coming.
    Im 31 and see only misery and things getting worse.

But like my dad told me the day I die the world will be a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    High school: the "best years" for being told by your parents it's all for your own good and bullying "builds character."
    College: the "best years" to learn about being so shit up a creek in debt that you can make the national debt pale in comparison.

So yeah, not to mention you learn more, get more respect, generally are treated better the older you get, oh dear me we have "responsibilities", hell I'll trade childhood whimsy for some responsibility if I get the rest of the perks.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Are you dead? No, then this is a really good year for you and your love ones. Enjoy it! Live it up! Be safe.
    Great comment. Obviously one has to have goals in life etc., but for fucks sake, remember to live every day that it's worth something, even if u have good memories of that day it's worth something.

10+ Year Old Account
    While highschool was a pretty enjoyable time in my life (car,job, girlfriend = a pretty grand 11th and 12th grade), my early to mid twenties has been significantly more fun. Can't beat the freedom of coming home and going out when you please.

High school was alright, but I enjoyed my undergrad experience much more. Can't wait to finish my Master's and start working, the more freedom I have the better I feel.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are because you are blissful in your own ignorance. The real world hit me like a ton of bricks after I graduated HS. Those experiences helped me adapt and position myself to pursue my dreams.

WOrkload since entering school has been on an exponential growth curve.

Funload the same thing, only down instead of up.

So yeah, I guess the school days are the best days in the life.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Middle school master race. Playing NES/PSX all day was the best time for me. Highschool, when TBC and WotlK were awesome too. Now I have failed collage, no job and a shitty relationship, and I most definitely don't enjoy life.

and this is coming from a guy that basically lived in southeast europe

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    It seems people who look fondly back on their teenage years,

Never got picked on
    Were pretty darn healthy and active
    Had a great social life
    In some cases were really popular with the opposite sex
    Had a lot of freedom
    Were generally well taken care of by their parents

And now they

Are overweight
    Have a lot of responsibilities
    Feel they can never have fun any more
    Are weighed down by family and in general have less freedom to do what they want

Where on the other side, those who didn't really like their younger years

Got picked on a lot
    Weren't so popular
    Had a lot of pressure from different sources
    Didn't have a lot of freedom

and now

Are healthier, more active and skinny
    Have sought out the social experiences and freedoms of adulthood, and have both
    Have not tied themselves down with too many responsibilities or overburdened themselves with too many debts

It seems I belong in the latter group.
    How on earth does having a family weigh you down?

And sure, I can still have fun! Granted, it may not be what my twenty two year old self would've found fun, but that's just part of middle age.