In need of a new laptop, looking for reccomendations

My laptop of the last two and a half years decided today that it no longer wants to function so I am in the market and looking for some help in where to start and what to look for. (I took the old laptop to the local repair techs and both the power supply and motherboard are toast so they suggested I use the insurance money to just get something new)

I am currently a grad student so I require something at least semi portable as I take the computer with me for projects and presentations a few times a month. Outside of this my laptop functions as my main means of entertainment in all forms. I regularly stream movies as well as use the Bluray player. I'd like to be able to play WoW, SCII, and Diablo III on high to ultra. Additionally, i need to be able to run AutoCAD Civil 3D on the computer for school work. Top end budget is around $1300 though as a student anywhere I can save would be awesome.

Any pointers on what to look for or where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for bad grammar/spelling, doing this on a tablet without autocorrect is just aweful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab