Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't want to be boosted. I want to earn it. Foremost tho, I know my value and how much utility I can bring. Obviously I wouldn't just go full retard mode and let the rest do the job. Other people just don't seem to acknowledge it. And the CM difficulty didn't really scare me, rather felt disappointed how my old group stomped GotSS in a hour to gold without even entering any CM before. Heard the difficulty rises, I hope it does. Scoped openraid a couple of times during this weekend, pretty much the same "9/9 or don't bother" bullshit. Even necro'd some bnet contacts to start a group, will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Very helpful.....

That's the only hard part of them though, finding the 4 other people.

Also, top tip - don't delete/sell your old gear. DMF trinkets and sha touched weapons are what you want for CMs. Even some 463 blues can be very good. You want gear with as many gems as possible, since gems are not scaled and trinkets with stats rather than procs are best.

Also get invis pots, lots of them, and/or a rogue and/or a druid (roar). We did it without either (just pots) but they make some of the mob skipping a lot easier
    I was under the impression that the sha-touched gems won't work in CM's. (Though the extra socket will.)

Yeah unfortunately that's how things happen in exclusive content, either you're already 9/9 and know it inside and out or you're condemned to runs with people who screw up, lag out or waste everyone's time etc.

Just have to set up your own group and soldier on until you get that achieve and can get into the cliques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    1) Stop being melee.
    But the Rogue mog gear is the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I've proudly had my set on my ret for almost a year now. After getting 9/9 on 5 toons now I must say it's rather easy to find groups on open raid. I constantly see groups that are looking for less experienced player's to progress through the golds. And with all the strats available now they are rather simple to complete in gold times now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    How did you guys get your CMs done, any recipe or advice on how to get them done?
    Guild group. Started at "Holy Hell, this is hard" and made our way up to 9/9 gold.

If that's not an option, I don't have any experience with pugging them, but you know how it goes: you don't want to go with random people who'll make it more difficult than it has to be, and neither does anyone else. So, someone has to have some faith, might as well be you. Have you tried forming your own group?

I'd advise against buying it - the very idea cheapens the accomplishment and its pretty easy to tell who bought their runs if they hit the leader board for their server at all. Just takes time and some effort. I highly recommend watching the Hamlet videos (found on wowhead under the challenge mode guides) and go stock up on invisibility potions. From there find like minded people. You don't need 9/9 from all 4 other players to get it done - just a will to progress and a desire to overcome the challenge.

I went with 3 buddies of mine and a friend of a friend usually filled the 5th spot. Our comp was monk (wind/brew), resto druid, ret paladin, frost mage and myself (guardian/feral) so don't let anyone tell you any specific comp won't work. Some might take a little bit more work (like mine with double melee) but in the end it boils down to having smart players.

Also, some advice most people don't give. Go in on regular or heroic and do a dry run. Map out where you want cool downs, where pulls will be made, which packs are getting pulled, etc. This is a huge help before you go in and just start going ham-fist.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    I'd advise against buying it - the very idea cheapens the accomplishment and its pretty easy to tell who bought their runs if they hit the leader board for their server at all. Just takes time and some effort. I highly recommend watching the Hamlet videos (found on wowhead under the challenge mode guides) and go stock up on invisibility potions. From there find like minded people. You don't need 9/9 from all 4 other players to get it done - just a will to progress and a desire to overcome the challenge.

I went with 3 buddies of mine and a friend of a friend usually filled the 5th spot. Our comp was monk (wind/brew), resto druid, ret paladin, frost mage and myself (guardian/feral) so don't let anyone tell you any specific comp won't work. Some might take a little bit more work (like mine with double melee) but in the end it boils down to having smart players.

Also, some advice most people don't give. Go in on regular or heroic and do a dry run. Map out where you want cool downs, where pulls will be made, which packs are getting pulled, etc. This is a huge help before you go in and just start going ham-fist.

get TOT weapons LFR heroic reg dosent matter just get tot weapons becaues they have 2 sockets.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done