Deleted

WoD : Time to remove hit chance on pet battles?

Since they're removing it from gear in WoD, don't you think it'll be fair to remove it from pet battles as well?

hit chance is fine for pet battles
    they do need to remove dodge chance though

ability that cause pet to dodge are fine though
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Time to remove hit chance on pet battles?
    Yes.
    hit chance is fine for pet battles
    No it is not. Unless you like to be frustrated.

Deleted
    Did you ever play a turn based game before? Like pokemon?

If not, welcome to turn based games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    its still fine.
    sure, its random, but an attack that has 80% hitchance versus a 100% hit chance always does more dmg, os, sure, you dont hit every time, but you do more dmg when you hit.
    also, if the enemy uses abilitys to lower your hitchance, they used that turn to do that. so they geht something from it.

if they would remove hit they would need to rebalance quite a bit.
    like, whats with something like the raven? it uses darkness so that another attack (cant remember the name) always hits and does massive dmg.
    if you remove hit that attack would either be just another basic attack or totaly op.
    either way, that combo would be gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    its still fine.
    sure, its random, but an attack that has 80% hitchance versus a 100% hit chance always does more dmg, os, sure, you dont hit every time, but you do more dmg when you hit.
    also, if the enemy uses abilitys to lower your hitchance, they used that turn to do that. so they geht something from it.

if they would remove hit they would need to rebalance quite a bit.
    like, whats with something like the raven? it uses darkness so that another attack (cant remember the name) always hits and does massive dmg.
    if you remove hit that attack would either be just another basic attack or totaly op.
    either way, that combo would be gone
    Its 90% hit. It rased too 100 then - 10 from darkness debuff. Its a wrong tooltip.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its 90% hit. It rased too 100 then - 10 from darkness debuff. Its a wrong tooltip.
    no, i didnt mean that.
    you can use call Darkness (http://www.wowhead.com/petability=256) to blind the enemy.
    thats when you can use Nocturnal Strike (http://www.wowhead.com/petability=517) whcih normaly has 50% hit, but 100% when the target is blinded.

sure, without hit nocturnal strike could just deal bonusdmg, but i like that specific mechanic. even if the enemy uses another weather effect before your strike goes off, it could still hit like a truck.

impossible then it completely ruins all abilities, basically abilities hit harder based on their hit chance the lower the harder, if all abilities have 100% hit, they all do exactly the same damage except based on attack power.

moves like has a 50% hit chance just becomes another normal attack move, fly/dive etc is annoying but you're also attempting to avoid a big attack so it's not like the ability is useless.

imo there's nothing worse than missing twice with a 95% hit ability in a pet pvp battle pure rage inducing but that stuff happens to everyone, i've had battles where kun-lai was like 200hp, and i was 900, i was slowed and his deep freeze was coming up, it's like 95% hit, and LOL on my part it misses handing me the victory, but i've also lost games where early on i've missed twice and didn't kill a certain pet as soon as i should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Yes.

Hit chance is all part of the strategy when it comes to turn-based pet battling.

Higher power moves usually have a lower accuracy or need to be preceded by a setup maneuver/round for full effectiveness. Is it frustrating when you miss? Sure is. Just means it's time to invest in an alternative move or a pet that ups your accuracy/hit chance.

Its being removed from gear because its a pointless hurdle you need to jump through when gearing up your toon, but its not like you need to gear up your pets so trying to apply the same justification for removing it from pet battles doesn't really work. Hit chance is baked into the abilities for pets and used as a risk/reward sort of tradeoff to give you more interesting decisions to make and strategies to use.

Deleted
    Short answer = no

Long answer = Will not benefit anyone because you remove the risk on heavy hitting spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'll ask a straight and to the point question...

Why does it/would it need to be removed? How does removing it from gear make it "fair" to remove it from pet battles?

It's being removed from gear for COMPLETELY different reasons. We don't GEAR our pets like we gear ourselves so we don't have that extra added depth and complexity of primary stats/secondary stats/balancing and reforging, so on, so forth.

It would make zero sense to remove Hit off of Pet battles purely based off of the fact they are removing it from gear.

Now, onto how Hit works for Pet abilities, it's not like our abilities where a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss and everything is based off of either a Spell/Phyiscal Hit table. No, with pets, you have abilities with 100% Hit and 80 damage done, and 80% hit and 100 damage done (numbers for example). That way, you have a balance of taking a chance of missing but performing more damage, or getting a certain hit but getting more damage. It serves a COMPLETELY different purpose. Comparing them is comparing Apples to Iron Man.

So, No, it's not time to remove Hit Chance on Pet battles, UNLESS they were able to give an equally/more interesting trade off and mechanic while maintaining the ability to have spells be more than just "flavors" of what you want to press.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

As many people have said, hit in turn based is fine. There's normally a trade off anyway in terms of power or something and other options.

Plus remove hit and then everyone who goes first will win assuming pets are balanced on both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    Plus remove hit and then everyone who goes first will win assuming pets are balanced on both teams.
    In your example, the person going first will win unless RNG is against them. That's pretty much the same thing.

If RNG is balanced. First player wins.
    If RNG is in First players favor. They win by a landslide.
    If RNG is in 2nd players favor. They might win.

Reducing the binary nature of hit/miss helps disguise this flaw, but it will always be present unless the turns are simultaneously resolved.