Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Express your opinion on how to beat nasus

I honestly don't know how other than bully him as much as possible, but even then.

I'm going to brag for a second, but this week alone, no, the last 4 days as nasus, I've gone 6-0 as nasus. I know for a fact I'm not the best nasus and some of my lane opponents have been brutal to the point I've had to leave lane 3 times before I was 6, but his laning phase unless you have that 'perfect' counter will just become stupid and you can't do anything but attempt to harass him.

In my opinion, his lifesteal needs another nerf. 2-3% in his early 2 ranks. His 3rd rank is fine, lock him down with cc and you're golden.

But anyways, how do you guys beat a nasus and feel free to express your mmr if you know it or you're ranked league just to get a feel for how skilled a nasus may get & how to counter it.

My main reason for asking for this is although nasus is very fun late game just smacking everyone in the face for t0ns of dAmAg3, it gets stale after a little while. I've been wanting to possibly get into singed or back into darius, but nasus is as I said seems hard to beat.

Strategies with specific champions are much appreciated <3

You can't do anything against him in solo q. If he just sits at tower you need help to tower dive at low levels, hes just really good in solo q.

Deleted
    I main riven so I've never had much trouble going vs Nasus, I also found that vayne seems to do very well vs Nasus top, at least in bronze/silver /gold because most Nasus players max q, so vayne can poke him all day long and Nasus can't do much vs silver bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I main riven so I've never had much trouble going vs Nasus, I also found that vayne seems to do very well vs Nasus top, at least in bronze/silver /gold because most Nasus players max q, so vayne can poke him all day long and Nasus can't do much vs silver bullets.
    Do you just max silver bolts in lane then? What is the projected item build against nasus assuming he builds armor first?

Do you build qss and if so when?

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I honestly don't know how other than bully him as much as possible, but even then.

I'm going to brag for a second, but this week alone, no, the last 4 days as nasus, I've gone 6-0 as nasus. I know for a fact I'm not the best nasus and some of my lane opponents have been brutal to the point I've had to leave lane 3 times before I was 6, but his laning phase unless you have that 'perfect' counter will just become stupid and you can't do anything but attempt to harass him.

In my opinion, his lifesteal needs another nerf. 2-3% in his early 2 ranks. His 3rd rank is fine, lock him down with cc and you're golden.

But anyways, how do you guys beat a nasus and feel free to express your mmr if you know it or you're ranked league just to get a feel for how skilled a nasus may get & how to counter it.

My main reason for asking for this is although nasus is very fun late game just smacking everyone in the face for t0ns of dAmAg3, it gets stale after a little while. I've been wanting to possibly get into singed or back into darius, but nasus is as I said seems hard to beat.

Strategies with specific champions are much appreciated <3
    Just ban him in ranked, if he gets picked, work with the jungler to ruin his early game, and push towers hard at mid or top so his options are limited, force teamfights when nasus is behind, so that he again needs to make choices of farming or helping his team, try win early as possible, pick vayne as adc to weaken his late game snowballing.

Do you just max silver bolts in lane then? What is the projected item build against nasus assuming he builds armor first?

I would only go Vayne if you're really good with her, she's extremely squishy on her own and if the jungler isn't retarded he'll camp you all day.

Deleted
    Go teemo and hit and run him. Your dot will do the rest

Deleted
    We had a 3 page thread on this not that long ago: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...top-lane-Nasus :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    We had a 3 page thread on this not that long ago: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...top-lane-Nasus :P
    I see, ty.

Deleted

I used some combination of q and w, leveled them up equally, maybe bolts abit higher priority, also I rushed botrk for even more damage vs high hp targets, and as an escape.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was just playing normals today trying out Cho'gath and I met a Nasus. His Lifesteal was just retarded. Like he must of had LS quints on top of his stupid passive because I could literally sit there and melee him and he would just ignore me completely. Eventually after about 25 minutes of COMPLETELY passive gameplay he decided to initiate on me and killed me in about 3 Qs. It was the shittiest feeling because it was simply unstoppable, there was nothing I could do as Cho to stop this guy. No one needs that much LS, and especially not a goddamned tank.

When I play Darius though I can kill a Nasus, but that's only if he's retarded and actually decides to try to fight me. It's incredibly hard to kill a Nasus that plays it safe even as Darius. I feel like the entire idea behind the champion is just really broken. He's like the pre-nerf Jayce, where he can just farm and farm and farm and you can't stop him, and eventually he just becomes this beast without really ever taking any sort of risk during the laning phase.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-12-12 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    Go teemo and hit and run him. Your dot will do the rest
    Then mid-game arrives, he now has chalice, Spirit Visage and free farm. And you're still Teemo.

Deleted
    hmmm yea i suggest using teemo . he counters nasus extremely easy if played well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m5eric15 View Post
    hmmm yea i suggest using teemo . he counters nasus extremely easy if played well
    Any brainless Nasus that is.

Seriously, stop suggesting Teemo... Nasus WANTS to build a CDR item first. An AD top laner against Nasus forces him to either go Sunfire Cape or get Frozen Heart, which is a waste on him most of the time. AP top laners allow him to build his favorite item: spirit visage. All Teemo can do to him once he gets his negatron is blind him to stop a Q last hit. Once Nasus hits 6, Teemo will go squish.

Riven is a virtually unwinnable matchup for Nasus though, as she can harass combo him and try to force him off, then zone him while trying to keep the wave frozen. If he gets too close, E-W-AA and if you want to go for a kill, R-Q-AA-Q-AA-Q-AA-R

"Spin to win"
    -Garen

Anyway, the best thing you can do about Nasus is keep harassing him as much as possible thus denying him any creep kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Milance View Post
    "Spin to win"
    -Garen

Anyway, the best thing you can do about Nasus is keep harassing him as much as possible thus denying him any creep kills.
    If you're suggesting Garen...

Lane control is everything against Nasus. Spin to win pushes the lane waaaaay too hard to use it to harass. Nasus will just try to bait a spin, Wither then run away while you massacre a creep wave and push towards his tower.

Step one: Lock in Poppy.
    Step two: Stay in lane and farm beside Nasus.
    Step three: Kill hes whole team with your lategame Poppy with gapcloser etc while he is getting kited around.

Some champions are so niche in their early game lanes you can really only counter them. Just pick someone that can bully well with good harass. I've beat many a Nasus with:

Darius
    Kayle
    Jayce
    Aatrox.

I just started ranked this season, in September, I finished as Silver ll if that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I used some combination of q and w, leveled them up equally, maybe bolts abit higher priority, also I rushed botrk for even more damage vs high hp targets, and as an escape.
    I would agree that botrk would be the best item to build first but not purely cause of his hp a fully built nasus will hardly ever break 2.7k hp which is that high imo