Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is asking to remove something that does not exist anymore since 15 month at least.

Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's an awful, awful, awful lot of assumptions and claims you've made there that you've yet to back up with any proof or evidence, also I hope the irony of you calling any community a "cesspool" whilst parading a my little pony avatar isn't lost on you.

You're also hilariously making the assumptions that elitists = any good player and casuals = awful players
    Proof? Have you played the game at all? Have you scene the quarterly reports? Millions have quit, the community is horrendous, and the game continues to devolve into a "push button to win" fail fest to cater to the casuals. Are you really trying to say any of the is not true?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This inferiority complex is absolutely pathetic, get a grip. If someones yelling at you your obviously doing something wrong, if you arent then they're just your typical douchebag that the ignore button is for.
    "HEY IDIOT YOU DIDN'T USE THE CORRECT WORD! IT'S YOU'RE AS IN YOU ARE. IT IS NOT "YOUR". THAT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. DIDN'T YOU GO TO SCHOOL MORON? QUIT LIFE. YOU FAIL AT YOUR OWN LANGUAGE. HOW SHITTY IS THAT FOR YOU?"

Was that pleasant? You did something wrong. Does that give me the right to do what I just did?

Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sounds a bit elitist to me. But that is ok, cause I am a casual, and I ask for casual stuff all the time. In fact, I don't have a single toon above 515 ilvl. If we are ruining it for you, and we are obviously a majority, it might be time to move to a new game and yell at new people.

All of your posts are basically saying that everyone should play your way or get out.

You are one of the elitists that you speak so lowly of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I'd rather play with elitists than people who don't even know how to play their class at the most basic level.
    Usually they don't whine so much. Or rather. Elitists usually suck. They're the kind that look at their own usual group and go "omg i'm so good because i'm better than the rest, and if i die it's the healers fault" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    So basically you want to control the behaviour of people on the internet. good FUCKING luck lol
    It's very easy. I've only met a very few that really refused to get moderated through silences/kicks/usual ban. Know how you handle those? You tell them for each time the fuck up you double the bantime. It works like a charm against far the most people. Not when it's 2 minutes, nor 4, 8, 16, 32 64.. but when they just got a 20 days ban in the face they begin to behave :P
    People on the internet only acts like they do as long as there's no consequence. Of course you will almost always be able to go around the system but if you run for ladders etc, and your main gets banned it's less fun *shrug*
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    "HEY IDIOT YOU DIDN'T USE THE CORRECT WORD! IT'S YOU'RE AS IN YOU ARE. IT IS NOT "YOUR". THAT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. DIDN'T YOU GO TO SCHOOL MORON? QUIT LIFE. YOU FAIL AT YOUR OWN LANGUAGE. HOW SHITTY IS THAT FOR YOU?"

Was that pleasant? You did something wrong. Does that give me the right to do what I just did?

Of course not.
    You aren't on a team with him working towards on a common goal. If you were, and his failure was causing you to fail as well, then yeah I think it would be understandable if you called him out.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post

Of course not.
    Lol that rarely happens in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    but when they just got a 20 days ban in the face they begin to behave :P

When they get a 20 day ban they'll just go straight to account management and unsub for a month. Blizz is to greedy to serve bans that large.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Proof? Have you played the game at all? Have you scene the quarterly reports? Millions have quit, the community is horrendous, and the game continues to devolve into a "push button to win" fail fest to cater to the casuals. Are you really trying to say any of the is not true?
    Yes I do play the game, and yes I have played since vanilla. I am currently finding it quite hilarious that you, who does not play the game and clearly has bile and hatred towards it (yet still browses a forum dedicated to it for some strange reason, as if he's some internet Jesus educating the masses) is trying to tell somebody who DOES play it what it is like.

I'll tell you what i'm saying is not true.

the actual gamers have left WoW a long time ago and Blizzard is doing everything in their power to drive out the few who remain.
    This hilarious assumption that you're some herald for "real gamers" and you have spoken to them as they left.

Yet despite all of that, casuals still complain about the "elitist" who are trying to find some level of enjoyment in this dying game.
    People complain about people being assholes, no shit? It's not just casual players who do this.

Simply put, its widely accepted that the WoW community is the absolute cesspool of the gaming world, with the most selfish, mean spirited and immature players you will find anywhere.
    Pure conjecture, is this what you have garnered from all these "real gamers" who quit and appointed you as spokesperson? You think the WoW community is the worst, HA. Go and play a game like LoL or any number of MMO games such as Runescape or other heavily F2P models.

And do you know what this community is comprised of? About 95% of these poor "casuals".
    Again absolutely no proof to back up this statement.
    Stop blaming everything on good players (or elitists as you call them).
    Again confusing the words "elitist" and "skilled", they're not interchangeable as much as you wish they were.

The game and community was 10000% healthier when real gamers used to populate Azeroth. The more casuals take over, the more the game dies.
    Again, the spokesperson of the real gamer (whatever that is, I guess just anybody who quit the game) speaking for the people.

The ultimate irony being that WoW has always been viewed as the casual MMO, and Vanilla was viewed as such by older MMO players

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You aren't on a team with him working towards on a common goal. If you were, and his failure was causing you to fail as well, then yeah I think it would be understandable if you called him out.
    Somebody else failure can't make you fail unless you're fail, and hence shouldn't be talking.

Is a difference to call people out, and being an ass, which is the reaction OP is talking about. I'm pretty sure he don't mind people telling others "guys stop fighting in the middle and get to X or Y instead". It even works a lot better than the retarded caps lock people are so happy with. Seriously considering to make an addon that filters caps lock sentences out, and whisper it back in the face of the person that wrote. Last part is most fun, but might cause trouble due to it being able to keep you online :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yes I do play the game, and yes I have played since vanilla. I am currently finding it quite hilarious that you, who does not play the game and clearly has bile and hatred towards it (yet still browses a forum dedicated to it for some strange reason, as if he's some internet Jesus educating the masses) is trying to tell somebody who DOES play it what it is like.

I'll tell you what i'm saying is not true.

This hilarious assumption that you're some herald for "real gamers" and you have spoken to them as they left.

People complain about people being assholes, no shit? It's not just casual players who do this.

Pure conjecture, is this what you have garnered from all these "real gamers" who quit and appointed you as spokesperson? You think the WoW community is the worst, HA. Go and play a game like LoL or any number of MMO games such as Runescape or other heavily F2P models.

Again absolutely no proof to back up this statement.

Again confusing the words "elitist" and "skilled", they're not interchangeable as much as you wish they were.

Again, the spokesperson of the real gamer (whatever that is, I guess just anybody who quit the game) speaking for the people.

The ultimate irony being that WoW has always been viewed as the casual MMO, and Vanilla was viewed as such by older MMO players
    Just agreeing with this gentleman overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    There's a difference between playing for fun and not caring.
    Read the last part. He said "play how they want", Aka playing for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    a scumbag that doesn't give a damn about other people in his group.
    Yeah, he's a scumbag because people take the game too seriously. How dare he play a game for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    Are you insane? I'm not "doing" any of that, and it's not "literally" because that was an analogy of what right clicking a person's name in game and clicking "ignore" on results in. You assumed I "literally" burrow a hole in my back yard, dump shit in it and then walk 10 kilometers every time a person in game annoys me? Do you know what "literally" means?
    No that is not what I assumed you did to ignore someone in game. That is what I assumed you meant as an analogy for ignoring a turd. I was pointing out that you were literally doing 4 things in order to avoid the turd, which is not actually ignoring it. It is actively dealing with it. All within the analogy, obviously.

What I meant with my original analogy was that you can ignore a turd (rude abusive player) but it will continue to smell (be a rude abusive player, even if it's to other people rather than you).

I think it's perfectly justifiable to yell at people for missing obvious raid mechanics and dying to stupidity. Especially if the stupidity of 5-10 people consistently is wasting everyone elses time.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

people who take offense from some random guy tossing out a swear are a bit too sensitive in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree, when it negatively affects others around them. In a solo game you can run out and die and jack off if that will help you get your rocks off, but in a game like this, where "not trying" or slacking off, or being a douche slows down the raid and makes everyone pissy.. YEAH YOU'RE A SCUMBAG AND YOU SHOULD BE REMOVED.
    It's LFR. 5 people can be AFk and you'll still complete the dungeon. It barely affects anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Read the last part. He said "play how they want", Aka playing for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he's a scumbag because people take the game too seriously. How dare he play a game for fun.
    Again, how they want often means not trying, so they can watch jersey shore and eat mcdonalds while they play.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    When they get a 20 day ban they'll just go straight to account management and unsub for a month. Blizz is to greedy to serve bans that large.
    Well they do ban people permanently once in a while, but yes. Think they should do it(it being doubling the bantime from low to higher for each time) though, because they would start behaving as soon as it hurts them just a bit. Will always be a few that is there purely to troll, but it would help overall.
    Besides it does make the community more pleasent if they don't see 20 other people doing it one day, from going through all the lfrs. I've told people horrible things in wow just because i can without consequences, and it chocks them enough to shut them up.
    Would be fun to be able to ban in wow <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It's LFR. 5 people can be AFk and you'll still complete the dungeon. It barely affects anyone else.
    False, it slows down the raid, and takes the spot of someone else who might care. Not to mention its leeching at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Nothing. And I'm not saying you should suck it up if it gets you down. I'm saying address the problems, but be constructive. No need to be rude. Why do people think it's ok to be aggressive and rude in a game? Why is your time more precious than someone else's feelings? Why does everyone that under performs deserve to be lumped into a huge group, regardless of the issues they may have?
    I'm not rude. Also, feelings are stupid on the internet. "Hey, you could be doing more DPS, do you want help?" "NO FUCK YOU ELITIST, I PLAY HOW I WANT"
    I just think that removing the people who know what the fuck they're doing is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    You're referring to assholes, not elitists. I consider myself elitist in the sense that I don't surround myself with average or casual players because it causes me to hate the game, however when I run into a casual player it doesn't result in me name calling or talking shit. I simply try to distance myself or ignore them, as you should do yourself.

Judging by the way you wrote your post, it reminds me of a quote.

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."