Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosthowl View Post
    If you don't like the big mean real world, go play a single player game. Have you seen your own profile? You're in full crafted Malevolent. You've never done an Rbg, and you only have "Step Into the Arena". You have 270 lifetime honorable kills. Guess what, kid. You DO suck. You ARE shit most likely, and will continue to be, until you GET BETTER. And you know what?! Everyone is going to get mad at you until you DO.

Soooo you have two choices. Either keep making crybaby kiddyboo posts on sites like MMOChampion (The ultimate place for Blizz feedback\Pvp discussion, LOL) and quit playing, ORRRR quit making whiny posts and go get good at the game. No one is forcing you to PvP, are they? I thought not. Later~

PS: I hate you as a person already for using hashtag, please never play the game again\kill yourself.
    It didn't occur to me to look at his armory. His awfulness makes this thread that much more delicious. I need to stop feeding the troll though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I've had some cases where ignore didn't work. In bgs only, which was rather annoying. Could click the ignore but still see them, but otherwise yes. It's a good tool if you just want to stop seeing them, but i mostly get annoyed on others behalf. When people are blamed wrongly for things. I can ignore that person, but it doesn't help the person that is getting blamed.
    Neither does it make the obnoxious person realize that it's not okay.
    Kick works fine for that, but i'm not happy about using the kick button, since i tried to get the 4 hours kick timer from kicking too much. Now i can kick people during combat because i overall avoid it as much as possible, and just persuade others to use their kick >.>
    While it sucks that ignore function is not 100% effective at all times, everyone can use it, including the person being blamed. In extreme cases, there is the reporting for language function and if a person really can't stop yelling,blaming,insulting and so on, they will get reported enough that the Banhammer might start looking their way.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah it does, no doubt. I'll take players who make mistakes while actually paying attention to the game over players who are off AFK though.
    This is something that is missed in many of these discussions. There ARE, believe it or not, people who are brand new to the game, never raided in their life or touched an mmo before who are still stumbling through the outrageous amount of knowledge necessary to play correctly that those of us who have played for years take for granted.

And when those new people level up hearing nothing but "stupid noob kick him" how do you expect them to react to ANY advice or negative comments?

Case in point, my girlfriend just started playing about two months ago. She doesn't have max level character yet (nor has she ever touched an MMO) but after leveling Mage halfway and a hunter over halfway, she decided she wanted to heal. So we rerolled and now she has a holy pally (on RAF). We were in dire maul, and as soon as we zone in, the tank makes an enormous pull while my girlfriend is still loading into the instance. He pulls so many that he does quickly and starts cussing at her for not healing him, when the fact is, she wasn't even zoned in until after he had pulled way too many mobs to begin with. After extensive cussing he went AFK and we finished the instance without a tank. But, before he went AFK, he had cussed at her so much that she actually used chat for one of the first times to tell him to go fuck himself.

Now, when those are the type of people newbies have to "learn" with, how can they be expected to listen to anyone's feedback? Especially since we finished the instance without a tank and a brand new healer without a hitch.

Point is: stop being pseudo elitist douchebags. You're not good at the game, and pretending to be by doing stupid shit and talking down to others only makes you look stupid. I'm a great player, and I've played with many, many great players in my time, and I can spot the wannabes from a mile away. Be good, do your job, and shut your fuckhole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekna View Post
    I agree elitist a are not the ones bad mouthing, most of the times you don't see the truly high Dps or healers do that but the idiots that die due to not knowing a mechanic and just want to be carried being the bad mouth in any of those.

Now a question:

I have two simple rules when I'm doing a group event:
    When I'm healing and you pull as a Dps before the tank pulls, that means you can take care off yourself and don't need healing
    When I'm tanking: you pull it, you tank it.

Exception, when it's accidental that it happens, nothing will happen to you

Am I now elitist for doing that? Or am I just playing a game that is social?
    I follow your way of thinking
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    While it sucks that ignore function is not 100% effective at all times, everyone can use it, including the person being blamed. In extreme cases, there is the reporting for language function and if a person really can't stop yelling,blaming,insulting and so on, they will get reported enough that the Banhammer might start looking their way.
    Yeah i'm overall okay with the system. Only wish it didn't "fail" the moment the person left. As in when a bg is lost you tend to see 1-3 people complaining. Sometimes enough for it to be satisfying to report, which you can't because they left. Will tell that no player was found.
    But it's a somewhat minor thing.
    My impression is that some of those getting blamed just are too soft, so they take it pretty personal. The bad tank in the flex i talked about earlier that blamed his own failure on healers, nearly made the healer leave. She was very sorry, and would leave so we could do better without her. She wouldn't ignore him, but took it to heart.

It is a nice option, but in a dreamworld it wouldn't even happen, due to us all just being nice and friendly <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post
    Or you could just ignore them.
    Ah, yes, if only people actually stopped complaining about the most trivial issues in a video game an actually used the tools given to them by the developer for once, then everyone could get on with their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Elitists do in RBGs and guild raids. You're just dealing with dicks out side of those.

OP what you are suggesting is just another type of extreme we really do not need in the game. The only thing this would result is more abusive behavior by people.
    Last edited by Calyssto; 2013-12-06 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyssto View Post
    OP what you are suggesting is just another type of extreme we really do not need in the game.
    Amen to that.

Congrats, you're officially an LFR elitist by your provided definition. Didn't think that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    This reminds me of the "fat shaming" threads that have been going around. Woman takes good care of herself and looks great after having a kid...people rip on her. Fat person posts a picture saying "I love myself for who I am" or w/e and gets tons of praise.

Guy posts thread about how low/slacking/afk dps in LFR should be automatically booted...he gets ripped to pieces. Another guy starts a thread about how elitists should be booted...gets tons of praise.

Something just seems backwards.
    We've coddled losers in our society so much we've reached the point where anyone successful or anyone who is an achiever is bashed for making the losers feel badly about themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Yea totally.

so much better than removing the people who have not stood within forty yards of a flag since the start of the BG

The people who get upset, because others are not preforming, are the problem. If the underpreformers were removed they would still be raging. Makes total sense.

People get upset because of bad players. The bad players are the root of the issue and you cannot stop a problem if you don't fix the root of the issue.
    Well, just like autokicking people for low dps in lfr, there is a simple solution for bgs: Don't do randoms if you don't like randoming with randoms. If you want better personal responsibility in battlegrounds, simply go to Oqueue and make a group, use a guild group, or pug a rated bgs via trade chat. The op seems half-joking so don't take this thread too seriously.

Haha, I think this idea is kind of null in void. You're in a raid setting, doing the worst dps, hps or /afk'ing right before a boss pull. You died to something you could of moved out of. I mean yeah, people are going to rage. I rage the most at the moment towards tanks of LFR. Right before the boss they're always asking "What do I do here?". If you lack the ability to view a fight before entering LFR then I have no mercy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    The point isn't, and never was if it's okay to criticize people, but if it's okay to go "I'M GOING TO ANALLY RAPE YOUR MOTHER YOU FUCKING LOSER WTF IS THAT DPS I FUCKING HOPE YOU FALL DEAD!!"

That was btw a quote from memory. Now tell me if you feel this is a constructive way to tell people that they might be able to do better.
    People go "30k dps" because it's so low that nobody can argue that they're afking. In reality you will sometimes see some ungemmed people at 496 ilvl doing 50k, which just is some 20-30% below their max.

Except it's not just "elitists" saying this. It's bads who get politely corrected who are oh so offended for being told the proper way to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.
    You're being pretty elitist right now. I bolded some things you need to consider.
    There's a difference between extending your raid because you're pacing yourself and extending your raid because you're not doing well enough to avoid a wipe.
    If you're in crappy gear with blue weapons, whatever. Your dps is probably going to be bad unless you've got crazy gimmicks like an Elemental shaman on an aoe fight. Most people who care enough to notice will inspect you and realize there's not much you can do about it besides get more gear. I know from experience.
    But once you get SoO gear, once you've got good weapons, there is absolutely 0 excuse to be doing low (sub 100k) dps. Even at 2 fps you should be excelling over anyone with blues on.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Real Elitists do in RBGs and guild raids. You're just dealing with dicks out side of those.
    Learn what you are talking about. Elitist has always been different from the elite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The funny thing about Elitists is they think that Elite and Elitist are the same thing. The two are not the same thing. Elitists are those that feel they are better than everyone else and treat everyone else they deem beneath them like shit and out themselves as the worst our society has to offer. The elite are deemed to be the best at what they do but feel no need to harsh anyone elses groove just to make themselves feel better.

The elite are more than welcome at my table, I wouldn't let an elitist lick my toilet. If you can't tell the difference between the elite and the elitist then you are an elitist and you are a representative of the worst type of player that plagues our community possible. If this offends you then you now know how much your behavior offends the rest of us.
    The irony is thicker than molasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Well, just like autokicking people for low dps in lfr, there is a simple solution for bgs: Don't do randoms if you don't like randoming with randoms. If you want better personal responsibility in battlegrounds, simply go to Oqueue and make a group, use a guild group, or pug a rated bgs via trade chat. The op seems half-joking so don't take this thread too seriously.
    The solution shouldn't be ignore it. Oqueue is just as bad since you cannot provide meaningful feedback. If people could do it wiht a guild in the first place they wouldnt be in randoms.

But there is no reason for that sort of play to be supported because "its randoms" or "its LFR"

"People who think they are better than me are low-lifes."

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't like how you confuse casual with bad.

I'm casual, I wouldn't call myself bad, and I almost never have people shouting at me calling me out on what I'm doing. You aren't casual, you're just bad, go play the game and learn how it works, noone will feel the need to tell you any better then, will they?
    Well its the same way the confuse having basic and reasonable expectations to elitism.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    "People who think they are better than me are low-lifes."
    Isn't that what all, er, most people think?

It's often the 'elitist' who explains the fight to every last member of your group after 7 wipes because nobody bothered to do 3 minutes of research before expecting to faceroll things. Sure they don't use the nicest words, get over it.