Overwiew of my monk (brm)

so grabbed a new few slot items and not sure how to progress it best to be as optimal as possible.

Link are in sig.

to do: gem weapons and enchant with 2x steel.

trinkets i got available

RoRo (heroic)
    Talisman of bloodlust(heroic)
    Ticking ebon detonator(flex)
    haromms talisman(heroic)
    rooks talisman (lfr)
    weapons available: got some 2h aswell but prefer the ones i use atm.

Not sure how to gear with RoRo either. is there any specific guide for that? the thought of only 3k mastery(might buff) on some fights kinda scares me when RoRo is up 30+%

but yeah an overhaul would be very welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets: TED + Either Haromm's or RoRo.
    Gearing: AMR is well optimized for BrM now you need to decide a few things
    - Haste 4500 (Crit Build) or higher (PVE build at X-8000 haste)
    - RoRo optimize or not to optimize for it. Optimizing will push up your mastery quite a bit which may or may not be useful for you.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...ether/touching - Currently have this set to Crit Build + Crit RoRo optimization.

I'm currently using the setup listed above but I run 25m HC and I've been playing around with my H RoRo vs H Haromm's just to see how they both perform.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Trinkets: TED + Either Haromm's or RoRo.
    Gearing: AMR is well optimized for BrM now you need to decide a few things
    - Haste 4500 (Crit Build) or higher (PVE build at X-8000 haste)
    - RoRo optimize or not to optimize for it. Optimizing will push up your mastery quite a bit which may or may not be useful for you.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...ether/touching - Currently have this set to Crit Build + Crit RoRo optimization.

I'm currently using the setup listed above but I run 25m HC and I've been playing around with my H RoRo vs H Haromm's just to see how they both perform.
    Ive had some bad experience to AMR (hence why i wanted some other way to gear for RoRo).

also the link u provided were with some old items, when i updated everything got resetted :>

and i should prob tap on TED before doing it again... allthough the sticky mainpost says that TED is rather godawful for some reason but never really understood why

10+ Year Old Account
    AMR did some updates for Roro prior to 5.4 launching specifically for BrM I've been pretty happy with the results. Just update the link it should still have Edit Weights -> Crit Strike Proc selected still so just click Optimize again.

TED is the most well rounded "tank" trinket for BrM this tier since it's mastery (EH and can be reforged) + agil (just over all for DPS/survival). I only break out Rook's for H Malkorok and Bloodlust is a cruddy trinket all around (I hate haste procs). Max DPS would be Haromm's + Crit Roro though.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

AMR did some updates for Roro prior to 5.4 launching specifically for BrM I've been pretty happy with the results. Just update the link it should still have Edit Weights -> Crit Strike Proc selected still so just click Optimize again.
    well arent i an idiot. was wondering why it never changed the stats when i wanted to gear for RoRo. seems it has bugged out with my cookies on browser or whatnot.

tried Firefox and worked a bit better haha

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm running with RoRo I set myself up so that if I have my tank cloak equipped it procs mastery and if I have the DPS cloak equipped it procs crit, and I swap to tank cloak on fights where I need to stagger more.

Though honestly lately damage hasn't been bad at all (only 4/14 H in mind you) and my healers haven't complained so I'm running Harrom's in a crit build, considering actually moving some mastery back into haste for the added damage. Though I might go back into a mastery proc roro build for Heroic Nazgrim if I struggle with the executes. A couple of pulls on it I didn't have a problem but a longer pull may prove otherwise.

Right now though my team is enjoying the extra damage I put out since we're a 10 man its like having a 7th DPS in raid.

Max DPS would be Haromm's + Crit Roro though.
    Does that still hold with normal rune (upgraded) vs normal TED (upgraded also)?

Got WF haroom's on second slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Does that still hold with normal rune (upgraded) vs normal TED (upgraded also)?
    Yes TED only adds to DPS by reforging to crit + the AP/Crit during the agil proc. RoRo pushing you to 100% crit during proc is very hard to beat. These #'s below are from Daught's original calculations:
    549 RoRo - 21000 to 29000 dps depending on optimization
    553 Ticking Ebon Detonator - 6400 to 9000 dps (whether or not you reforge)
    553 Haromm's Talisman - 20300 dps
    You can see that DPS wise TED is so far behind any version of Roro is going to beat it. Not to say I think TED is a bad trinket just that it isn't much of a DPS addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    If I'm running with RoRo I set myself up so that if I have my tank cloak equipped it procs mastery and if I have the DPS cloak equipped it procs crit, and I swap to tank cloak on fights where I need to stagger more.
    Tank cloak has it's place I notice our repeat kill of Malk has my cloak proc'ing once, we were struggling with a repeat so I didn't want my death to ruin a kill. You wont really need mastery for Nazgrim as Execute can't even push past Guard in a 25m environment.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-12-05 at 07:56 PM.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Though I might go back into a mastery proc roro build for Heroic Nazgrim if I struggle with the executes. A couple of pulls on it I didn't have a problem but a longer pull may prove otherwise.
    To be totally honest, you shouldn't. I didn't have to start using a mastery build until doing solo Malkorok blood rages and Thok. I stopped using RoRo once I picked up Haromm's and TED, as I felt I couldn't justify the usefulness of the consistency of the proc to save me when I would really want it. So now I just run with 20% mastery and the rest crit.

So.. did a few normal bosses and felt the RNG of uptime of RoRo isnt worth it. could proc sometimes when you actually needed the mastery when it aint up. not sure what trinket to replace it with.. Id assume TED+ jinrokh heroic trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    TED + Haromm's or H Renataki's. The problem I had with Renataki's is I got pushed above the expertise cap with current gear for a little bit before I replaced it with TED + RoRo/Haromm's.
    [/URL]

got 3 items only with any expertise overall w/o reforge/gem. si renataki until more expertise gear i guess then.

Also. so many say that RoRo is sooooo good. is it "wrong" to feel like i do about that trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    No just like your haste cap RoRo is very much a "personal preference" type deal. Lots of people don't have it and probably wont be getting it if they don't and it's very gimmicky for those that use it so you have to like/embrace that aspect. The way I see it is being very high DPS for farm and very high EH for harder hitting progression so I like the versatility.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    I currently run with RoRo + Haromms (both normal) in a crit build and its working fine tanking everything normal mode. I cant speak for heroic though, but from what I have heard and read I think you should keep using RoRo and if you should only have damage trouble on solo malk and Thok where you can switch to a mastery heavy setup. I might have to reforge and regem in the middle of the raid but this is only if you want to minmax or you are stuck at those bosses and you think it can help you past it.

Haromms and TED is boss RoRo i personaly think is bad for tanking

Deleted
    RoRo is by far the best DPS option that we have when running a crit setup. I have used RoRo on the first 13 bosses in HC and I would say that its worth using for sure due to the massive dps increase, you will take abit of dmg when its procced but as long as you have elusive brew up for that time it shouldn't be that big of a issue.
    I found my personal sweetspot at 7000 haste when using RoRo.

Also as said above, AMR is kind of the only way to reforge properly for RoRo.

RoRo and Haromm's. Make a weakaura so you know when your RoRo is proc'd so you can EB or Guard or whatever so you don't get killed.
    I'm using normal mode RoRo, 10/14H, pretty sure I've used it on every fight except Heroic Malk (I don't wanna find myself with no mastery on that fight).
    Really have to get me a heroic one though.
    If you want well rounded trinks, then go for the TED, but I personally run Haromm and RoRo on every fight and love it.