Post [A] 571 Mage 8/14H T16 LF Mythic raid guild in WoD

January Update: After much cajoling, pleading, threatening, and general guilt-tripping, my current guildies have prevailed upon me to delay my departure till at least February. So the following post is prospective towards that point.

I am a 571 iLvl mage currently raiding with a 10-man guild that is presently 9/14 Heroic in Tier 16.

Why ​I Am Looking:
    I genuinely like my current guild.​ I've been playing with them since mid-WotLK and it's been a good experience. If the status quo continued as is, I would be content to stick with them. ​However, given both the direction of the game and our server, I foresee ​a need to move next expansion.

Blizzard has announced that Mythic (the highest difficulty tier of the next expansion) requires a ​fixed ​20-man group​. Since I raid in a 10-man, that means we need at least another 10 good raiders. Problem is, I don't know where we'll find them. When I first moved to this server, there were lots of Alliance guilds. In the years since, that number has gradually diminished. Now we are the only Alliance guild raiding Heroic right now and the only other Alliance guild still hasn't cleared Normal. Where we're supposed to find another 10+ raiders for the toughest content, I've no idea.

Now Blizzard's grand panacea for lower populations is Connected Realms. In theory, we'll get paired up with a few other small servers and be able to find the Alliance raiders we need. But ​Blizzard keeps saying "PvP realms are mostly Horde"​ and what little I've seen of Connected Realms typically involve the pairing of small population servers who have very limited raiding scenes. Consequently, I think there are decent odds that we're not going to find a fresh influx of Mythic-quality Alliance raiders, but rather a paltry handful of Alliance who struggle in Normal.

Likewise, I'm also even less enthused about my continued presence on a PvP server. I rolled on a PvP server back in the day because that's what my Starcraft friends who were starting WoW wanted to play on. Even after those folks left, I around on PvP servers out of a mixture of inertia and some vague sense of pride of "living under constant threat". But I long ago exhausted my interest in world PvP, so having to watch out for Horde is now just a hassle.

I foresee that hassle becoming intolerable in the coming months. The faction imbalance on my current server used to be only slightly in favor of Horde, but it has steadily shifted even more in the Horde's favor over the last year or so. The one saving grace has been the overall decrease in player activity over the course of MoP; most areas of Pandaria are so sparsely populated that you're not likely to encounter anyone of either faction, so you can level alts or gather mats in peace. But with Connected Realms on the way and the fondness of Horde for PvP servers, it seems likely that I'll soon find the bushes crawling with them once again. Moreover, since Blizzard plans to confine us to the ground for the first few months of the next expansion (no flying in Draenor till the first content patch), avoiding them will become all but impossible.

So with my desire to find a stable Alliance raiding population and to avoid PvP hassles, the writing on the wall is clear: time to make a change.

What You Get
    I'm a good raider. I have excellent attendance. I bring food, flasks, and potions. I keep my gear gemmed and enchanted and try to bank enough Valor to cover upgrades. I avoid turning a 10-minute break into a 30-minute AFK. ​ If I'm running late, I can usually give advance notice via text message so folks don't wait on me.

I'm experienced. I've raided every instance there is and cleared all of them save for Naxx 1.0. (Our raid ran out steam - and geared tanks - about midway through; still have the Atiesh shards in my bank, I think.) I've been around so long that I can remember raiding places that are no longer raids (ZA, ZG, UBRS, etc.) Most of those I've managed to clear on Hard/Heroic mode while they were current content.

I'm patient and dedicated. My first "real" raid ever, we wiped for 4 hours on the first trash pack and I still came back the next day so we could do it all again. I've lead 40-man Molten Core PUGs - perhaps the closest one can come to herding cats. I leveled a rogue from scratch to 80 and trained up engineering so that for hours I could farm LBRS for junkboxes that I could then use my portable mailbox to send to my mage as part of the Insane in the Membrane on my mage.

I'm good at my class. I make no Muhammed Ali claims to being the greatest, but I'm certainly better than average. I keep an eye on various theorycraft sources, so I'll generally be up to date on current trends in mage thinking. I'm also one you can trust with critical tasks. Need someone to spellsteal that buff, be the third interrupt, keep that add sheeped, and DPS the boss? Yeah, I can do that.

I'm a good leveler. Typically I'll be at max level within the first couple days of release, which means I'll be ready to start gearing up in 5-mans before the weekend. Consequently, I'll be well on my way to being raid-ready by the time the first raids are available.

I'm quiet. I will talk on Vent/Mumble/TeamSpeak when needed. At various times I've even worn the hats of Officer, Guild Master, and Raid Leader. But by nature I'm softspoken and introspective.

I'm trustworthy, good with details, and tolerant of administrative monotony. Consequently, three separate guilds have chosen me to be some version of Loot Master, DKP Tracker, and/or Guild Bank Manager.

​What I'm Looking for:
    As previously stated, I've been doing this a long time, so I've got a pretty good handle on what sort of guild I mesh best with. As such, don't take the following to mean I'm overly demanding; rather, I'm just trying to save both of us from wasting our time by being specific about what I want. Moreover, I've got 10 alts to move with me, so I don't want to blow that kind of money on a "maybe".

First, I want an Alliance guild. I've been Alliance since the beginning and I'm not inclined to change now. Plus, I like playing a gnome and I'm looking forward to the new character models in WoD.

Second, I want a PvE server. ​As previously mentioned, ​ ​I've done the PvP server thing and I've had my fill. Plus, Blizzard keeps saying that​ PvE servers are where all the Alliance raiders are​.

​Third, I want a raiding ​schedule that I can handle. Something like 2-3 nights a week with a start time no earlier than 8:00 PM EST (5:00 PST) on weeknights; I can be a bit more flexible on weekends. I've done the 25+ hours per week progression schedule before, but I'm not interested in that level of devotion these days. A light to moderate raiding schedule suits me fine.

Fourth, I prefer the schedule to be mostly predictable. I plan other events around my raid times, so I want the raid schedule not to vary much. Now if we occasionally need to start at a different time or shift to a different night because of holidays/vacations/key raid member has to attend daughter's dance recital/etc., I'll certainly try to accommodate. Likewise, if the raid as a whole occasionally elects to stay 10 minutes late for one more attempt or once in blue moon tries to schedule an extra hour on an additional night because we're that close to a final boss kill, I'll do my best to be there. But such changes should be the exception, not the rule.

Fifth, I want a guild with a solid record of success in (what we now call) Heroic content since that's probably the best bellwether as to your likelihood of success in Mythic content. I'm not terribly concerned with how swiftly you achieve such success; given my preference for a less intense raid schedule, I accept that progression won't be as swift as with a guild that raids much more frequently. Being server first is nice, but whether we're first or fifth or fifteenth at clearing content is less important than whether we clear it at all.

Sixth, I want a guild that confidently expects to be raiding Mythic difficulty in the next expansion. If you're already a 25-man and expect you're not going to lose half your raiders before Tier 17 starts, you're probably already set. If you're a 10-man currently, then I'd like to know how your guild plans to field a 20-man several months from now; hopefully it's beyond just a vague hope that the extra 10 raiders will magically materialize.

Seventh, I want a guild that reasonably anticipates needing a full-time mage in a 20-man raid next expansion. Granted, that may be predicting the future a bit since Mythic raids are probably several months away, but take your best guess. If you've got 2 mages whom you love and adore (or half a dozen similarly wonderful ranged DPS) and who will most likely be raiding with you in WoD, then you probably don't need another.

Eighth, I don't want to raid with folks with anger control issues. Raiding tough content inevitably means mistakes will happen, wipes will occur, and tempers will rise. Now if you get a little testy when delivering constructive criticism, fair enough. And if once in a blue moon you've got someone who blows their top, well the Onyxia "50 DKP minus" freakout can be amusing in small doses. But if your GM or raid leader or officer or just that mouthy sourpuss in the back can't endure frustration without launching into an R. Lee Ermey style diatribe of profanity and insults designed to rip someone a new one, then I've got way better uses for my time.

Okay, I might be what you're looking for; so now what?
    If you think your guild might have a place for me, probably best bet is to get us chatting in real time. My Battle.net ID is Toabo#1479. Drop me a line and we can go from there.

Since we've probably got several months yet before the next expansion, I'm in no real rush about this. So if you don't have an immediate opening but will have one in the preparation for Mythic raiding, that's fine.
    Last edited by Toabos; 2014-01-10 at 03:24 AM. Reason: updated w/ current info

Hey! Adapt is looking to pick up another QUALITY DPS to add to our CORE roster! I think we can be a perfect fit for you, we meet pretty much all of your eight requests! We maintain an easy 3 night a week schedule, while also staying in the top 100 US 25m rankings. We are currently 10/14 HEROIC in Siege of Orgrimmar (Finished last tier 13/13H)! I would really like to talk to you, so if interested, PLEASE add me on real id to chat! Lavathing#1391
    ---
    Adapt is 10/14 HEROIC (13/13H T15 pre 5.4) and looking to add 1-2 players to the roster - people who can knock our socks off with their execution and output on progression content, demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of their class, and help improve the people around them through their positive attitude and team-first outlook.

A little more about the guild - we are a mature, drama-free 25-man guild with a long, stable history. Formed during Wrath from a set of folk who had been playing together casually since BC, we had solid 25-man progression during Cataclysm, capturing almost all server 1st 25-man kills and ending the expansion at US 128. During Mists we have continued this trend, clearing normal mode content the week of release, improving ranks with each new heroic kill, and ending T14 at 15/16H (6/6H MV, 6/6H HoF, 3/4H ToES) with a US85 rank.

All of this is accomplished on a relatively light schedule - we raid 8-12 PST on Tues/Wed/Thur. There is also plenty to do outside of raids - our guild is home to many high-playtime folk, there are multiple social/alt runs during the week, and we have a lot of folk that like to PvP, farm achievements/dailies, run LFR for ranks & to test things out, do retro raids or pet/mount runs, etc.

Check us out at www.adaptguild.com or contact me via BattleNet at Lavathing#1391 (Battletag)

Hey Toabos

<Pure> is looking for a mage, we do raid one more day a week then you prefer and I hope our end times aren't too late for you and we do really need a mage lol. We currently have one and he hasn't been reliable so we need a core mage . You would be expected to contribute to our guilds progression and we have a proven track record of success . We maintain a top 30 US 25 man ranking while raiding four days a week and are 13/14 25HM SoO, last tier we were 13/13 25HM and finished with US 24. We raid Monday - Thursday, 7 - 11PM PST. If you're a pro and can be a real beast when it comes to DPS then don't hesitate to apply. Our guild is very stable and has been around for over 6.5 years under the same leadership.

For more information about us and recruitment, check out our forums at: http://pureraiders.com/forums
    also check out our podcast::
    http://www.pureraiders.com/forums/vi....php?f=3&t=148

If you have any questions, make a character on Antonidas and send myself or Magzs/Magzqt a tell in game. You can also contact me via real id empress_serenity@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    ---
    Adapt is 10/14 HEROIC (13/13H T15 pre 5.4) and looking to add 1-2 players to the roster - people who can knock our socks off with their execution and output on progression content, demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of their class, and help improve the people around them through their positive attitude and team-first outlook.
    Thanks for the interest, Lavathing. I actually know a former guildie who ended up on Spirestone. He speaks well of the server. However, I also know that Spirestone is a PvP server. I am quite set on transferring to a PvE server, so your server would not be a good fit for me. Best of luck to you and your guild.

<Unrivaled> -[A]- Dragonblight is a 25man progressed guild.

T16 - 9/14H
    T15 - 13/13H

- Raid Times -

All raids begin @ 7PM Server Time (PST) (invites begin @ 6:45PM) and end at 10PM server.

Sun – Off

Mon – 25 Man

Tue – 25 Man

Wed – 25 Man

Thu – 25 man

Fri – Off

Sat – Off

We may stay a few minutes over raid time for progression raiding!

If our times fit for you drop us a line.

- Contacts -

wellsdaddy#1861

scheut#1749

jugganaut#1729

<Casually Addicted> is a 25man hardcore raiding guild on Stormrage(US-PvE), that is seeking exceptional players to finish out the current tier and move forward into Mythic raiding in WoD. We are like-minded individuals who share a desire to succeed in raiding, and to conquer content quickly.

<Casually Addicted> is a raiding guild, not a guild that raids. We do not tolerate players who contribute nothing to the overall raiding environment.

Raid Schedule:

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30PM to Midnight EST. Raiders are expected to show up on time (30 minutes prior to start of raid) with all raid-related consumables on hand.

Progression:

We are currently 11/14 Heroic
    In tier 15 we were 13/13 Heroic

About Us:

<Casually Addicted> is a long-term guild that recently came back into action to finish Heroic T16 progression and move into Mythic with the best possible players. We aim to have a small, dedicated raid group as we dominate 25 man content.

<Casually Addicted> uses a loot council system to distribute loot (We award loot via loot council that takes into consideration attendance, performance, items currently worn, and last item received)
    We raid (3 days @ 3.5 hours/day) Tues/Wed/Thurs 8:30PM to Midnight EST
    We have a long guild history of focusing on fast, efficient clears
    We have a respectful raid environment (humor does not come exclusively from bashing of various minorities, nor is every mistake handled by being chewed out on mumble although we do make sure mistakes get corrected and are public when needed)
    We run a consistent roster, so expect to raid with the same people day in and day out
    Repeated raid-wiping mistakes will not be ignored, performance will earn you your raid spot

What we expect from Raiders:

We expect 90% attendance to raids
    We expect excellent awareness, dedication, and overall competence as well as a basic understanding of all class mechanics in a raiding environment
    Raid spots are performance based, and will always be open for competition
    During raids, raiders should be expected to be like adults, this means you are responsible for your mistakes, and will be expected to correct them
    Although we have a laid-back environment, raiders are expected to know when to be serious
    Raiders are required to come to raids with at least basic knowledge of relevant raid encounters.
    Raiders are expected to be at their keyboards during raid times. Excessive AFKing, slow wipe recovery, and not listening to assignments that hold up the raid are not acceptable.
    We expect you to have a working microphone and be able to speak on mumble when necessary
    Raid-Wide “5 minute” AFKs will be allowed, but will be followed by an attendance check. This should provide ample time for bio breaks, grabbing a snack, or whatever else needs to be done during raid time.
    When “on standby” for raids, raiders must be ready to step into the raid at a moment’s notice, and know what is required of them.
    If raiders expect to receive consumables from the raid bank, they are expected to contribute to it

Contact Us:

If this sounds like what you’re looking for in a guild or if you have any questions, there is several ways to get in contact with us.

In-Game: Nervie (Recruitment Officer) or Tenslol (Guild Master)
    Real ID: Nervie: Zhenia1984#1985 or Tenslol: Tenspeed#1198

Hey Taobas, I see that you are looking for a new guild. We currently have openings for exceptional healers and dps, and we would greatly benefit from a high performance mage. <The Church> is an Alliance 25 man heroic progression guild. We raid 3 nights per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7:45 - 11:45 PM Mountain Standard Time. We are on Darkspear and we are currently 11/14 Heroic. So you should apply if you are interested in joining our roster. You can apply to www.churchguild.org or contact me via my battle tag Elpay#1485 if you have any questions.

To those guilds raiding 4 or more nights per week, thanks but no thanks. As I mentioned in the original post, I really prefer two or three raid nights per week . Anything more is just too much (even if you only raid four or five nights per week during progression).

Additionally, I still have not changed my stance on server style: I want to move to a PvE server.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I have not yet made a final decision, so I appreciate the continued interest.

<Hype>-Emerald Dream, 25 Man 10/14 Heroic is in need of ranged DPS we raid Tues-Thurs 9pm-1am CST(Server Time)
    Contact me in game, Mayblin-Emerald Dream or Texkwato#1684

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya, I sent you a battle.tag request. Hope you'll consider Missunderstood, Alliance Guild on Kirin Tor as your new home. You gave a very thorough explanation of what you're looking for, so I'll try and answer your questions and quell some of your concerns:

1. We are alliance through and through, and we don't plan on changing. Plus gnomes look great in our screenshots, our last gnome race changed to Panda so there's been a small space missing ever since.

2. We currently reside on an RP server. Don't let that fool you it's a PvE server. Unless you go to Goldshire, then there's RP. Don't worry I had reservations the first time I moved here many moons ago to raid with another guild. But trust me, it reads PvE on face value 99% of the time.

3. We currently raid Sat. 8-11, Sun 7-10, Mon. 7-10 p.m. CST. We keep a lean schedule and come prepared and work efficiently to get progression. Sure, sometimes I wish we had an extra hour here and there to get a couple extra attempts but this keeps are raiders wanting more and not feeling burnt out. We never run over time as well. People have real lives, jobs, school, families, so we respect that.

4. Invites start 30mins before, and we've never changed nor do we plan to change. We run a rotation schedule currently of 12 full time raiders for a 10 man group. For many reasons, you just can't bring a sub into heroic without the gear or experience requirements, and additionally it gives people time to do things in real life. Got family coming in town, holidays, vacation? My raiders make a request and are rotated out that weekend. Everyone is rotated out one week each six week block. Some people balk at this, but once you realize you can plan your weekends around that and actually do things in RL most of my raiders have really come to love it. Plus I find that having one week off, alleviates that burn out feeling when working on heroic progression.

5. We built our guild from the ground up late in Mists of Pandaria. Many of my raiders had never set foot in Heroics, nor ever thought that they could. That being said we are currently 6/14H with no plans of stopping. Sure we have set backs, but we hit the books, study, analyze our performance (in many ways), watch replays, discuss, and come back stronger and better next week.

6. I and my guild play the game for heroics. It's what we enjoy. Nothing more thrilling than getting a heroic boss kill after several wipes. So with that said we plan to expand next expansion. We were in discussions to merge with a few other guilds, and we had some prospects. But in doing so we would have lost too much of our identity and brand. So we plan to recruit the same way with this core. Aggressively and smartly. We speak to raiders who have the gear and experience and would whose personality would mesh into our core well. Additionally we seek raiders who want the opportunity to do heroic raiding, who just need the chance and perhaps guidance. We set expectations and teach. We are already gaining rerolls and returning players who are building toons in anticipation for Mythic. Once WoD hits, if we aren't a full core yet, we will continue recruiting beyond just the WoW forums and use the flex model of Heroic (Normal as we know it) to build to 25. Once we hit that threshold and are satisfied with the players we move into Mythic with 20m core, on rotation schedule much like we have it now. We use social media and every avenue to get the word out there. I have an officer whose sole purpose is recruitment. Make no mistake for me and my officers it's all hands on deck to find quality players. We relentlessly discuss this.

7. We actually are currently in need of a mage now. Our other mage went MIA without warning and so we are recruiting to fill that position. If that prospect is too sudden then most definitely in the future for Mythic in the next expansion. I intentionally try and keep a strong class diversification so you would be the only mage.

8. Nor do we want players with anger control issues. I describe my raid style as coach, cheerleader, and disgruntled fan all at the same time. I call the plays, and offer encouragement, but when you make the same mistakes consistently then my disappointment is known. My raiders joke because sometimes they have said they would rather me yell because I have a reflex dejected sigh when we make the same consistent mistakes. So you may hear many sighs in mumble now even when I don't do it, as a sign of disappointment. It's becoming a thing.

I hope that this satisfies your questions, and hope that you'll give us consideration. Best of luck in your searches.
    Last edited by faroh2046; 2013-12-31 at 05:13 PM.

Greetings, <Nox Oriens> of Korgath (Alliance) is recruiting to complete the jump from 10 man heroic to 25 man heroic raiding. We are currently 9/14H in tens. Our ninth is Spoils (skipping Malorak). I'd love to chat with you.

Nox migrated to Korgath (PvP) at the beginning of the Throne of Thunder because Lightninghoof (RPPvP) had become too small for an active raiding guild. I know that you have reservations about a PvP server, but we are Alliance slanted and have a guild policy of stomping gankers into the ground. We have a few guilds that consider us KoS but many have started to avoid our alts.

As a guild, we have a raiding history going back to 2007. We also have pride in our guild - Realm first Level 25 guild - Lightninghoof and Realm first working as a better team - Lightninghoof. In the course of the second achievement, we got multiple individual realm firsts for professions.

We raid 3 to 4 nights weekly during progression (9pm to midnight server = central time). We have other guild activities like pvp (rbgs, arenas, and world), achievement runs in old content, flex raiding, and alt raids (all optional) on other nights. We also have a more social raiding team that is making progress in normal SoO.

We maintain a friendly guild atmosphere. Many of our raiders are parents. We have a liberal friend invite policy. All of your alt characters are welcome but not required to be in guild. If you would like to check us out before considering committing with a server transfer, we run an alts/mains/social flex on Saturday nights at 9pm central = server.

Contact Shadowjj#1695 or Nzete#1146 in game for further information.

January Update: After much cajoling, pleading, threatening, and general guilt-tripping, my current guildies have prevailed upon me to delay my departure till at least February. So the following post is prospective towards that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Blacklisted> is looking to bring on more raiders for upcoming Mythic raiding

Our current progress: 14/14H, US Top 500
    Raid times: Tue/Thur/Sun 8:30-11:30 EST
    Current comp: http://www.blacklistedguild.com/members

As we move toward Mythic raiding in 6.0 and WoD we are looking to expand our raiding team.

Please contact my recruiters - Blkdynamite#1384 or Durandal#1553

Thanks!

NA - Dominiko#1777(BN) Dominiko#5315 (D)