Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leg sweep whiners

I see it in almost every thread about add damage, the obligatory "Don't use leg sweep on adds to reduce incomming damage mimimi"-comment.
    As it nearly drives me insane and I don't want to post it in every thread I'll just do it here:

Use zenmed if you really worry about being instagibbed for gods sake :|

? no - zen med is canceled if melee'd - which the adds are doing constantly. That is not possible.

u play monk?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    I dont even know what you are talking about. I know what leg sweep and zen med do but i really dont get the context :X

Deleted
    Leg Sweep is awesome if chaining other CCs on two of the mobs.

I assume you're talking about challenge modes? (Since it doesn't matter in any other content)

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I dont even know what you are talking about. I know what leg sweep and zen med do but i really dont get the context :X
    if you use leg sweep on a large number of adds(garrosh P1), when they come out of the stun they will all hit you at the same time. RoP is a better option for fights like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    The advice you're talking about comes 100% from Garrosh P1 threads, where leg sweep not only syncs up their melee swings but also their hamstrings.

But the real problem here... why the hell would you waste a Zen Med just so that you can stun some adds? It's only going to reduce a single melee hit at that.

Deleted
    Terrible advice.

Sweep the leg. Do you have a problem with that? No mercy.

For real though, leg sweep makes me frowntown.

I can't imagine choosing to use an ability, presumably to reduce tank damage, that would increase the chance of the tank dying.

Wow... how to make an idiot of yourself 101 ..? Let's use an ability to cancel out the side effects of that other ability, but oh wait, the ability I'm canceling the side-effects out with can't be used like that. GG.

Deleted
    Probably he´s not playing heroicmode; doesnt make sense on heroic.

Deleted
    The funny thing is Leg sweep is better in almost every situation to RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by djones0823 View Post
    The funny thing is Leg sweep is better in almost every situation to RoP.
    Every mob that can be stunned can also be disarmed/silenced.

RoP lasts longer than leg sweep

RoP can be cast on other players.

Are you sure you didn't meant that RoP > leg sweep?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post

RoP lasts longer than leg sweep

RoP can be cast on other players.

Are you sure you didn't meant that RoP > leg sweep?
    Stunning will still stop attacks completely. May not seem like much, but fights right off the top of my head where it helps:

Norushen
    Sha of Pride
    H-Galakras

Stunning just makes it harder to position adds. Leave that to the tanks. Unless you are doing grip+legsweep.

Deleted
    A)Stun's prevent all damage from that mob for the duration, and allows you to kite away.

B)Stunning allows you to use zen med to block other attacks. (Read solo tanking H:Immerseus second P1 second blast)

C)RoP only lasts longer if you don't reposition after leg sweep. 1 second longer. Repositioning is anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds. 15 if you also use transcendence to move back. Often relevant when kiting lots of adds. 15 seconds of not getting hit is better than 6. 10 seconds is also better. Hell, 7 is better.

D)RoP sits on two potential DR tables, stun sits on one. There are a lot of external disarms, a lot of external silences. Not necessarily a lot of external aoe stuns.

E)Stuns delay aggro for duration, RoP does not. This allows you to potentially prioritise GCD's on add pickup. Example : H:Sha of pride. Rift debuff drops off just as adds spawn. Stun adds, roll roll to pickup new rift. Then Dizzying haze on way back, adds on you. Nothing lost. If you had RoP you'd have to use a couple gcd's to ensure aggro. This happens more often than you think (New wave incoming on H:Galakras for instance)

F)Stuns lock enemies into position. If you see this as a bad thing, then...you're kinda bad. This can be important. New wave on H:Galakras. Aoe stun(often good timing as it catches bonecrushers on fracture too), roll, ensure pickup(also important due to the stupid teleport from towers aggro bug), roll back. Mobs all still stood in flamestrike within range of all the dps.

Compare this to RoP's pro's
    Potential second disarm.
    Lasts 1 second longer if you DON'T kite.
    Potential second interrupt.
    Can be placed on other people.

Don't get me wrong. RoP is a great spell. It's just not as useful as Leg Sweep for most fights. Even Garrosh it's quite subpar.
    Leg Sweep on Garrosh lets you do the following things.
    - Position adds securely for Iron Star
    - Stun Empowered adds on spawn so that ranged dps can get proper aggro on them/Help keep tank alive if they get a bunch due to healing aggro. Empowered adds give no shit about disarm.

RoP lets you reduce damage done by adds in P1. That damage is perfectly healable if done right. It's not worth losing the advantages and strengths of Leg Sweep in P2/3.

Granted, this is a tank talking. All the "cons" of leg sweep are just people using it wrong. Not knowing how to use a tool doesn't make the tool bad. And RoP has it's place. H:Fallen protectors for instance, RoP is sick, either dropping it on Sun during Rook Desperate measures or on someone on Gloom as an emergency interrupt.
    (RoP is superior by far on a healer due to range. Leg sweep is probably less useful on a WW because it requires an extra layer of communication between WW and tank to ensure tank is able to respond appropriately, a layer of communication not always possible.)

How often do you have to kite? Ive only had to kite on garrosh and tortos and charging ox wave is like 20x better than leg sweep in situations like that. If you need to stun and kite then you couldve just used EH or grabbed some orbs. Rarely, if ever, is it a necessity.

Not knowing how to use a tool doesn't make the tool bad.
    Actually it does, look at lightwell for example. Leg sweep clashes with the billions of other aoe stuns as well.
    Last edited by Spicycurry; 2013-12-06 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonky View Post
    Stunning will still stop attacks completely. May not seem like much, but fights right off the top of my head where it helps:

Norushen
    Sha of Pride
    H-Galakras
    H Paragons
    H Garrosh
    H Malkorok

SoO in general Tbh, havent used RoP for a single boss yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Uh, don't think that's true, buddy. Even got two counter-examples off the top of my head.

Minion of Y'Shaarj (Garrosh encounter)
    Foul Slime (Korkron Dark Shaman encounter)

I've only been using leg sweep on H Garrosh, I like my adds locked in place... not hitting anyone... and I don't think I've been gibbed on that for awhile (from adds in P1 at least).