Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about? The NFL has every right to deny any type of advertisement they want. It's their channel and they make the decisions of what to air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If there is anything true in the world, it's that prohibition is counterproductive.
    Prohibition works just fine when it's not regarding things you can make in your bathtub.

At least at present, the skill and equipment required to make a worthwhile firearm is well beyond those available to most people.

But if the cost of, say, DMSLS 3D printers comes down to earth, that will probably need to be reevaluated.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-12-17 at 03:17 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I coulda sworn the NFL let Tim review air a commercial, and I thought it was against abortion. But the more I think about it maybe they ended up just airing a normal commercial.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

jeez that commercial was fucking terrible. Sounds like a paranoid ptsd soldier who thinks the damn taliban is banging on his front door.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And when a potential intruder is bound to have a gun of some nature, I need to even the playing field.

Even if I did consider them coward weapons, I couldn't care because my boys/wife's safety trumps any feelings like that that I may have.
    This, THIS is the problem...
    You NEED guns, because other people have guns. That IS basicly what you are saying. You need guns, to even out that an intruder have guns. The whole thing here, is the fact that your gun logic, is what makes the problem at first hand. Without so many guns, the chances of an intruder having a gun, would be like most of Europe, almost non existent, thus neglecting the need for you to arm yourself.
    You honestly don't see this?

Also, There is absolutly no "usefullness" to guns, outside killing. There is NOTHING a gun can do, besides killing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything that shapes how you think is a form of brainwashing. Pro gun propaganda and anti gun propaganda are both brainwashing. Telling someone that their house is going to be robbed, their wife and daughters raped, and their life ruined if they don't own a gun is probably even more sinister than anything the anti gun crowd has brought to the table. Yes, those things were said at the NRA national convention and are common marketing tools for guns. Everyone I know who owns a gun for self protection has never had occasion to use it. Two of them were robbed while they weren't even home and one had his gun stolen.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So they show how background checks don't do much, then they promote demanding background checks?

If there is anything true in the world, it's that prohibition is counterproductive.
    Background checks don't do much when all vendors aren't required to do background checks.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It doesn't say anything about the right to bear assault rifles.

Assault rifles need to be banned. Anyone who thinks they need more than a handgun, shotgun, or single action rifle to defend themselves is delusional.

An assault rifle ban won't get rid of school shootings, but it could limit the casualties when such tragedies occur.

With all the money the gun lobby has, its disappointing they didn't put more into the production budget for making a commercial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    With all the money the gun lobby has, its disappointing they didn't put more into the production budget for making a commercial.
    I'm surprised they didn't just put "the only thing standing between your family/house and burglary/rape/murder is a gun" with blood running down the background. It's been the NRA's advertising... I mean... "freedom" mantra for years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"