10+ Year Old Account

feel like im under performing, something isnt right

hey guys so we have been doing heroic mode past few weeks and tonight we downed sha of pride for the first time, this week i managed to pick up a heroic neck off my bonus roll and protectors dropped the heroic crossbow previously i was using 561 version of the boa from garrosh. couple of things i would like to ask.

firstly http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1987&e=2497

thats our logs for last night i feel like for each heroic encounter i was under performing, im the type of hunter who wants to push it to that absolute our feral its pretty beast and no matter what i do i cant catch him

ok so last night i rolled with crit > haste, iv been haste > crit for the longest time i change to see if there was any difference just now simming it both im 305k with crit > haste and 310k with haste > crit

immerseus: i was using ToTh to help with adds with AmoC and GT. would barrage benifit more?
    The fallen Protectors: thing again i was using ToTh for sum cheese cleaving same with AmoC and GT
    Norushen: Fervor with AmOC and GT i tryed out Dire Beasts but felt better with fervor
    Sha of Pride: same as above

all that being said my ms is at a constant 230-250 since i play in australia this alone couldnt be the reason could it?

if anyone has any imput on what im doing wrong and what i can improve on i thank u for taking time out of your day/night to read this and lend some imput

thank u in advance

dragzy =]

immerseus: you'll only rank if you pad off the adds, in that regard you would want to take barrage, but 230k dps looks fine if you just want to kill it.
    protectors: you you using AoC? if so, work on your BA uptime, if not, ignore that comment. same with SS uptime. you said you ran AMoC, but your logs aren't showing it. If you are (and its just not showing up), just make sure its always stacked with your dextrous procs.
    norushen: is your pet passively attacking the boss, or running around to adds that you switch to? if it's the latter, you are losing some dps there. talents look fine otherwise.
    sha of pride: same as above, but could squeeze out a little more taking barrage (also nice for misdirecting reflections).

hope that helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercylol View Post
    norushen: is your pet passively attacking the boss, or running around to adds that you switch to? if it's the latter, you are losing some dps there. talents look fine otherwise.
    Doesn't the pet automaticly attack one of the other targets if you shoot at it?

Not sure. I might just be using the pet-attack keybinding without much thought into it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Doesn't the pet automaticly attack one of the other targets if you shoot at it?

Not sure. I might just be using the pet-attack keybinding without much thought into it..
    Normally the pet is set to assist, but that gives bad uptime on target swap fights. Some might disagree but I think managing your pet targets is a must to "master the class". You'll often find that you want to burst a target for 10-15s without bringing the pet, at least as survival and mm. As BM you want to send the pet in before the /assist kicks in too, so really... moving the pet manually is a must imo. Probably not the OPs issue though.

/petattack

/petpassive

Those two lines in separate macroes seals the deal =) I personally use them on shift+t and shift+y, its hard at first but it soon becomes a habit and just as aswd movement you "just do it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercylol View Post
    immerseus: you'll only rank if you pad off the adds, in that regard you would want to take barrage, but 230k dps looks fine if you just want to kill it.
    protectors: you you using AoC? if so, work on your BA uptime, if not, ignore that comment. same with SS uptime. you said you ran AMoC, but your logs aren't showing it. If you are (and its just not showing up), just make sure its always stacked with your dextrous procs.
    sha of pride: same as above, but could squeeze out a little more taking barrage (also nice for misdirecting reflections).

hope that helps
    yeah im using AoC im pretty sure i ran AMoC on protectors i dont know why its not showing, not sure about the pet thing on norushen ill have to go back and have a look but i spent most of that fight on the boss anyway ill try the barrage thing for the bosses next week and see how i go, thx for taking the time and looking over my stuff greatly appreciated =D

Keeping your pet on the boss is a mainstay of SV/MM for short living adds. Just keep your pet on passive, manually send it in to attack the boss at the beginning of the fight, and then never use any of your /petattack macro'd shots (which you should have if you play BM or ever need to switch a pet).

10+ Year Old Account
    thank u i will try that this week =D

just make sure you spam the shit outta explosive shots when it procs and comes off cd, that's honestly all there is, explosive shot procs is priority over ba so if black arrow is off cooldown or fell off the boss or w/e and you still got procs, keep spamming that explosive shot, black arrow is just to get procs anyways the damage is pretty crap. I don't really think you can see if you're doing that incorrectly based off your logs, and people saying have higher ba uptime sometimes that can't be the case since like I said before, pretty sure you want to spam your explosive shots if you got procs even if black arrow is up. this is all assuming you got 4 pc n shit btw.
    Last edited by hareu; 2013-12-08 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are trying to catch your feral, it will never happen. Ferals are ridiculous right now with the right gear (Rune of Reorigination anyone?). I would say they are worse then Warlocks in ToT.

Also, Immersius is probably the worst fight to try and analyse your performance. I would try and post Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, or Malkorok. Other than that, looking at some other logs your Serpent Sting uptime could be better. With your Assurance, you should have 100% uptime on Black Arrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    If you are trying to catch your feral, it will never happen. Ferals are ridiculous right now with the right gear (Rune of Reorigination anyone?). I would say they are worse then Warlocks in ToT.

Also, Immersius is probably the worst fight to try and analyse your performance. I would try and post Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, or Malkorok. Other than that, looking at some other logs your Serpent Sting uptime could be better. With your Assurance, you should have 100% uptime on Black Arrow.
    im not using immersius to try and analyse it im just trying to improve for each boss i cant post those other bosses coz we arnt up to it in heroic mode yet but ill keep the ba and ss uptime and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    im not using immersius to try and analyse it im just trying to improve for each boss i cant post those other bosses coz we arnt up to it in heroic mode yet but ill keep the ba and ss uptime and see how it goes
    Slimes apply a debuff to anyone within about 8 yards when it dies, this debuff stacks. You can game the debuff by stalling slimes and killing them just before your stacks drop. Ideally, you can hold a slime until the boss respawns, refresh your debuff and then apply a greatly enchanced SrS and BA on the boss. Most importantly though, use the debuff to kill adds quickly and maintain higher average dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Also, Immersius is probably the worst fight to try and analyse your performance. I would try and post Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, or Malkorok.
    Why? Fighting Juggernaut and malkorok is like hitting a training dummy for 4-5 minutes. It requires no clever use of game mechanics at all....u just stand there doing your normal single target rotation. I think the OP is pretty capable of that.

Regarding Immerseus, u need to get the buff from adds for extra dps and barrage is mandatory on this fight (better dps and you use it to misdirect adds on tank).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Why? Fighting Juggernaut and malkorok is like hitting a training dummy for 4-5 minutes. It requires no clever use of game mechanics at all....u just stand there doing your normal single target rotation. I think the OP is pretty capable of that.

Regarding Immerseus, u need to get the buff from adds for extra dps and barrage is mandatory on this fight (better dps and you use it to misdirect adds on tank).
    yeah i was using ToTH to MD to tank, just slipped my mind but ToTH and Barrage pair up good for this boss i havnt even tryed it myself?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly why it is the best choice for analyzing dps... Every other fight has some kind of gimmick that skews the perception. I.e. I'll just dot Immersius before he transitions, doing no effective dps, boosting my overall damage. Or, he goes into his Swirl and ill sit there spamming Execute. Or better yet, I'll do paragons and multishot all the adds that spawn. Very effective. Much rankings. So high on Skada. Wow.

There is a reason that "Patchwerk" became as widely used as the benchmark for performance as it has, because there is no cheesing that can happen. It's just you, the boss, and your skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    a big thing which no one touched on i dont mean so sound like a ass but my ms would play a high roll in it wouldnt it? i remember simming my ms compared to most us players which were at 20-50ms and its about a 10k dps loss just from that alone even on a oceantic server im at 180ish which is not that big of an improvement

Why? Fighting Juggernaut and malkorok is like hitting a training dummy for 4-5 minutes.
    In Heroic, if you're doing the P2 coward strat for IJ, you can Deterrence shock pulses 2 and 3 to prevent your pet from being despawned, and keep hitting Kill Command during the phase.

On Heroic Malkorok, bind your MD to your pet and use Glyph of Misdirection, so you can help with taunting the slimes into melee every punt. Plus, popping a speed boost (rocket belt or symbiosis Dash) and Deterrence will completely prevent all Orb damage during phase 2. (Hitting an orb with Deterrence up will still eat your shield!)

There are ways hunters can help.