Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The mere presence of an overlooking entity changes the outcome of the experiment.

As long as noone looks the cat is dead and alive at the same time
    Zombie cat.
    That's not how quantum mechanics works though. That's the Deepak Chopra interpretation of quantum mechanics. In Copenhagen the state is fixed as soon as it becomes a part of a system. As soon as it acts upon the "cat killing device" the quantum state has been determined and so to has the fate of the cat.

The consciousness model for quantum mechanics is based on the old "I'M RIGHT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PROVE OTHERWISE" doctrine. So even though you can't say for sure whether or not the state is fixed until you personally look at the result the fact is that every empirical observation ever made would suggest that the universe saunters on without giving a fuck whether or not there is a conscious human in the room with their eyelids open. Thus failing the Ockham's razor challenge because you would have to explain away centuries of scientific observations to even begin to acknowledge it.

The Copenhagen is the least presumptuous model of quantum mechanics. Is it right? who the fuck knows, but until it fails us, there's absolutely no point from a logical perspective to look elsewhere.

Guess what happened to the muppet that put a cat in a box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's not how quantum mechanics works though.
    The human observer is just an metaphor for the least intrusive form of interaction from what i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The human observer is just an metaphor for the least intrusive form of interaction from what i know.
    We observe photons of a very narrow cross-section of the electromagnetic spectrum that cascade off of things being bombarded by copious quantities of electromagnetic energy. So for everything we see, there's a lot of electromagnetic force acting upon things that we don't observe.

We observe the results of major intrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In fairness, the intent is for it to be nonsense. The nonsensical nature of it is meant to illustrate an issue Schroedinger had with the interpretation of quantum physics at the time. [/FONT]
    What I meant is that I thought it was supposed to me the cat is both alive and dead until we look in the box. That is what I considered to be nonsense. I know that it was meant to be nonsense.