15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/usKYiie.jpg

Presenting, the Eredurp
    Oh lord, that is something else. You have to do one on the butt. I don't know what you would make it into, but that butt shot was very intentional on their part and you should take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I would give almost anything to be able to play as a Zandalar troll. They just look so amazing and they already have unique animations so why not?
    because the zandalari have an empire to build and it doesnt involve the alliance and horde
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would give almost anything to be able to play as a Zandalar troll. They just look so amazing and they already have unique animations so why not?
    ^

THIS. 100x THIS. I keep throwing my money at the screen in hopes that a portal opens up and deposits it on Blizzard's lap. Better the Zandalari than the eternally hunchbacked Darkspear.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because the zandalari have an empire to build and it doesnt involve the alliance and horde
    With Vol'jin becoming the new horde warchief, and the darkspear tribe being the only troll tribe that's even remotely successful at this point, Blizzard could easily explain that some zandalar split off and swore allegiance to the horde. I mean it's not that far fetched. Back in vanilla the zandalar were friendly to both alliance and horde. It was only recently when they went all crazy. It stands to reason that some of them are smarter than the rest.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2mK1iCP.jpg[IMG]

Presenting, the Eredurp
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    I still have to see the 'dead corpse' look on the new Orc death knight model. With the old model, they tried to express it in the facial textures with the nose, eyesockets, lips and cheeks but on the new model it seems the textures don't cut it because the everything in the face is so pronounced by all the polygons. He looks too alive... He just looks like a Blackrock or Dragonmaw Orc (like those behind him in the SS) while wearing tiny glasses which reflect off the flash of the Screenshot Camera.
    I don't think the old models ever pulled that look off, they look paler at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    But they are just playing cards!
    "Ancient Watcher taunt combo? That's bullshit!"
    "LRN2Removal noo... *garrgghhh*"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    half troll half night elf

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lelior
    From the... comics and manga... ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wouldnt really use med'an as an insult to half races.

half races are okay, i wouldnt say they are boring, rexxar is one of the coolest most popular characters and hes a half race.

me'dan wasnt awful because he was a half race, he was awful because he was a huuuuuuuge mary sue.

oh i can use all forms of magic and my father was like one of the most powerful beings in the universe and oh my grandma actually wasnt dead and im the new guardian of the universe with my team of super cool pals
    Being a mix of all the cool races is one of the Mary Sue red flags though, to be fair.

Half-races also make absolutely zero sense biologically, but don't tell fantasy fans that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Garona - Half Orc/Half Draenei
    Lantresor - Half Draenei/Half Orc
    Rexxar - Half Orc/Half Oger

http://wowpedia.org/Half-breed

there are many half-breeds running around >.>
    Er where does it say that Lantresor is half Draenei?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    There's three. A few more if you add some of the half-elves. That's about it. And like Shoc said, they're just boring Mary Sues for the most part, with no really interesting features to them. Garona's somewhat interesting, I guess, but she's probably the most egregious of the lot in terms of how stupid the race combination is. There's also Med'an.

Subraces, I can get. Half-races, not so much.
    Not her fault she got retconned. Technically she's not a half-breed anymore, but rather a genetic chimaera produced through magic that you probably don't want to think too hard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    None of them are common. Even where half-elves are mentioned in the WRPG, they are said to be rare and disliked by both parent races.
    Which is basically just copy pasted from traditional D&D/old fashioned Tolkienesque fantasy.

Just an interesting tidbit to share

Yekaterina Bourykina is a freelance 3D modeller working as a Character artist at Blizzard. It's likely that she is working on the new Female Draenei, and based on her mockup, we may get something that resembles her work.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ybourykina
    Sexy... though not that much is visible through the armour. I hope they make shoulders a little bigger on Draenei females, sick of looking like a bobblehead!

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzplanet-Lugia View Post
    For me the face of her model is too polish, I hope this is indeed a draft.
    Probably more like a mockup or some personal art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Presenting, the Eredurp
    I would be terrified to face that raidboss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presenting, the Eredurp
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I would be terrified to face that raidboss.

I was not prepared.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er where does it say that Lantresor is half Draenei?
    He tells you when you ask about his story

Who so boldly stands before Lantresor of the Blade? Do you not know death by sight, <girl/boy>?

I have killed many of your ogres, Lantresor. I have no fear.
    Then you are a fool. do you not know what I am?

Should I know? You look like an orc to me.
    An orc...

<Lantresor scoffs.>

I am a blademaster of half-orc descent.

And the other half?
    Draenei... And because of this, I am neither. Not orc, nor draenei. My own kind are a rare breed. Most having been killed decades ago... I live because of my strength of will.

I have heard of your kind, but I never thought to see the day when I would meet a half-breed.
    Bite your tongue, <race>. I have seen things in my lifetime that you have only heard about in legends. I have killed man, woman, and child without remorse. Under the banner of two Warchiefs of the Horde have I served... and now, I rule Boulderfist.

My apologies. I did not mean to offend. I am here on behalf of my people.
    And what do your people want of Lantresor, <race>?

My people ask that you pull back your Boulderfist ogres and cease all attacks on our territories. In return, we will also pull back our forces.
    <Lantresor laughs heartily.>

Do you know where you are, fool? This is ogre land. Before orc, before draenei, there was ogre. Yet, you wish to start a war that you will inevitably lose? Boulderfist will crush you. And if Boulderfist does not destroy you, Warmaul will...

But I think your leaders already know this...

We will fight you until then end, then, Lantresor. We will not stand idly by as you pillage our towns and kill our people.
    <Lantresor glares at you as if he were looking through you.>

Perhaps there is another way... I will agree to your leader's demands, only if you do exactly as I ask.

With your assistance, we may be able to help each other out greatly.

What do I need to do?

because they aren't' Pandaren quality animations and would create a disparity every expansion would widen.

- - - Updated - - -

How in the hell does someone know who Lantresor is and not know he's a hybrid? /boggle
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Presenting, the Eredurp
    Oh my gosh I laughed so hard, Eredurp needs to be end world boss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixietinker View Post
    Oh my gosh I laughed so hard, Eredurp needs to be end world boss!
    If i were Blizzard, i would add Eredurp in a secret area and make her OP XD

Messing with some warlock and blood elf details I'd like see like scarring, and some bigger freaking horns than those Halloween toys we have which look like we bought them at the Drug Store or Walmart. Scars, lots of scars. And corrupt mottled flesh.

Be sure to hit the little magnifying icon in the bottom right to see the big image in full detail, I don't understand photobucket sometimes, you need to click it twice? Twice????
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...4.jpg~original

Also: Yay, pretty-pretty Sprite Darter Faerie Dragons. <3
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-04 at 05:35 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd out loud at the Eredurp. Legit. Thanks for the giggles, shoc.

Yig - I dig the scars. I wish all races had a scarred skin we could use, you know.. to make them look like they've seen a lot of sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Messing with some warlock and blood elf details I'd like see like scarring, and some bigger freaking horns than those Halloween toys we have which look like we bought them at the Drug Store or Walmart. Scars, lots of scars. And corrupt mottled flesh.

Be sure to hit the little magnifying icon in the bottom right to see the big image in full detail, I don't understand photobucket sometimes, you need to click it twice? Twice????
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...4.jpg~original

Also: Yay, pretty-pretty Sprite Darter Faerie Dragons. <3

While I like the whole picture, my favorite parts about that are the gloves and belt. That is why I want 3D armor. It adds so much more to WoW. You did a great job on making them pop out, and I can only wish Blizzard is planning to do something similar in the future.

Also, since we're sharing work here, I might as well share a picture of an OC I made some time ago. It's not perfect, but I spent a lot of time on it, might as well link it and hope people like it.

(not sure if it's the right version, though. At a brief glance, it does seem like it)

And yes, it was a pain in the ass to create. xD

(Oh, and yeah, that hood is really impractical, but I eventually just gave up on adding a realistically possible one.)
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-04-04 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    While I like the whole picture, my favorite parts about that are the gloves and belt. That is why I want 3D armor. It adds so much more to WoW. You did a great job on making them pop out, and I can only wish Blizzard is planning to do something similar in the future.

Also, since we're sharing work here, I might as well share a picture of an OC I made some time ago. It's not perfect, but I spent a lot of time on it, might as well link it and hope people like it.

(not sure if it's the right version, though. At a brief glance, it does seem like it)

And yes, it was a pain in the ass to create. xD

(Oh, and yeah, that hood is really impractical, but I eventually just gave up on adding a realistically possible one.)
    It looks weird, when i first watched i wasn't sure if i was looking at the back of the mantid or the front

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    It looks weird, when i first watched i wasn't sure if i was looking at the back of the mantid or the front

:P What causes that, exactly? The hood, or?

(also, full-size looks a lot less blurry)

10+ Year Old Account
    :P What causes that, exactly? The hood, or?

(also, full-size looks a lot less blurry)
    I'm not sure XD most likely the shoulders, they look just like they look in a female dranei from the back :P

Note: Yes i was watching it full-size

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I'm not sure XD most likely the shoulders, they look just like they look in a female dranei from the back :P

Note: Yes i was watching it full-size

I mean.. I have a bigger version. 2000 by some number I forgot.. 1600 or so? Anyway.. I think it would work better if I removed the hood. Luckily, I have a version without the hood, but currently CBA to dredge through the files to get the right files and put the hoodless version into it. Instead, I'll just be lazy and do this:

Does that work better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. I have a bigger version. 2000 by some number I forgot.. 1600 or so? Anyway.. I think it would work better if I removed the hood. Luckily, I have a version without the hood, but currently CBA to dredge through the files to get the right files and put the hoodless version into it. Instead, I'll just be lazy and do this:

Does that work better?
    Yes, but the shoulder still look weird as fuck XD

(Now i want playable Mantid but well.... that will never happen and i prefer the Arakkoas)