@Yig

Loving the cloak, it makes me weep that "cloaks" in WoW aren't really cloaks, just pieces of fabric attached to the back of our characters necks.

Also, if the Night Elves look anything like Tyrande and Illidan, I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    You just lost The Game

Cloaks and epic mantles are a grail of mine in this game. I had this wacky idea they'd use the cold weather of Northrend and the iconic visuals of Deathknights to make a new cloak model with a mantle that seemed functional, but alas, I was wrong. Maeve and her Wardens, Arthas, a few characters gave them. Clipping with our animations is something presenting a lot of awkwardness I imagine.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Cloaks and epic mantles are a grail of mine in this game. I had this wacky idea they'd use the cold weather of Northrend and the iconic visuals of Deathknights to make a new cloak model with a mantle that seemed functional, but alas, I was wrong. Maeve and her Wardens, Arthas, a few characters gave them. Clipping with our animations is something presenting a lot of awkwardness I imagine.
    Yeah, they really aught to have a variant "cloaked" model for player races at the very least. Yes it would be a lot of work, and yes people would claim it came at the cost of a raid tier; but I think it could be done fairly efficiently and would offer a broader range of cosmetic rewards which WoW could really use.

Same goes for more creative robes and skirts. While they still find new ways to texture them interesting, the form gets really boring.

Those weapons are nice and i know that one of the trolls on the isle of thunder uses the gnome staff (all see-er).

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yeah, they really aught to have a variant "cloaked" model for player races at the very least. Yes it would be a lot of work, and yes people would claim it came at the cost of a raid tier; but I think it could be done fairly efficiently and would offer a broader range of cosmetic rewards which WoW could really use.
    I don't even want to hear this "raid tier" crap uttered. It was a quick go to example a blue used and not universe, it was symbolic in that every feature we get is from a pool of limited assets. Raids are not and were not intended to the be the end all of asset allocation, and the devs made this clear by following up on that analogy. People need to acknowledge context or circumstance or be revealed for the incompetent and unreasonably flawed thinkers they are. It's became the battle standard for jaded cynical bitter WOW ex wives now over anything they want that doesn't warrant the effort the pay off yields.

I think we need to stop dignifying it with even acknowledgement, no more than we dignify people who claim Elvis are alive. You automatically pay a price socially when you you claim this out loud, in public. The same should be true in this case.

"What would the "so and so" think" is irrelevant. Let's evolve now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Same goes for more creative robes and skirts. While they still find new ways to texture them interesting, the form gets really boring.
    Look at PAndaren robes and skirst while casting, cloaks too. The new player models will get the same "physics".
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Skirts and robes will benefit about as much from having an alpha channel in the texture, and not replacing legs, as they will from physics. Maybe more so.

I was kidding about the raid tier stuff of course. I just like the idea that people are now using a raid tier as the smallest unit of development work load. It's hilarious.

Look at PAndaren robes and skirst while casting, cloaks too. The new player models will get the same "physics".
    yes sure, but its more about to get interesting Robe designs, like some where you see a bit more then just the feet. Basically what hrugner said.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Skirts and robes will benefit about as much from having an alpha channel in the texture, and not replacing legs, as they will from physics. Maybe more so.

I was kidding about the raid tier stuff of course. I just like the idea that people are now using a raid tier as the smallest unit of development work load. It's hilarious.
    Yeah I got that, I just was like you know what, it is silly, and i'm gonna make a sanctimonious speech now as your patronizing citation had inspired me to be all mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the out there crazy ones like murkablo and beach party stiches? sure.

this is a perfectly reasonable skin and something that could easily be carried over into wow should demon hunters be made playable
    Red skinned "fel?" Elves are not a part of lore in any way.

This is just a recolour for a MOBA.

He also seems to ride a pony for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's probably a fair estimate on what Warcraft would look like today in current graphics or what not.
    Man I would love a remade HD version of Warcraft 1 and 2.

i think thats like strictly a druid type of thing.

would be amazing as a green fire type questline though for durids.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Pardon my lorewhoring, but Shan'do is not a term used exclusively by druids. It's an honorific used by students in night elf society to refer to a teacher (it literally means honored teacher). It can also be used by non-students as a gesture of respect and admiration. Likewise, teachers may refer to their students as thero'shan (honored students).

That said, I definitely want to see druid-exclusive features. Perhaps something you get after doing a druid equivalent of the green fire questline.
    I guess it's exactly "sensei" then.

- - - Updated - - -

ummm no?

this is illidan if in an alternate reality he became the druid and malfurion became the demon hunter.
    Totally want to see Malfurion the Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Has no druid abilities, looks just like Malfurion as a Demon Hunter... But it's Druid Illidan?
    MOBA SKINS DON'T MAKE SENSE!

They're just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So it is AU Malfurion Druid-Demon Hunter? Daaaamn that's hella cool. What other cool lorebenders are there?

Eredar Velen?
    Grand Crusader Arthas?
    Alexstrasza the Destroyer?
    Warchief Lo'gosh?
    High Elf King Kael'thas?
    High Priestess Azshara?
    Farseer Ner'zhul?
    Aman'thul the Fallen Titan?
    High Tinker Sylvanas?

It was clearly a Frostwolf Axe. And now it's in Durotan's hands.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_07.jpg
    Hopefully on live he won't be wearing those awful vanilla greens :P

Night Elf Druid staff

Dwarven Hunter Bow (WTF? A BOW? Where's me hammer?)

Forsaken Rogue Shanker

Pandaren Monk Staff?

Troll Shaman Claws

Worgen Deathknight Runeblade

The above are hawt.

- - - Updated - - -

@Yig

Loving the cloak, it makes me weep that "cloaks" in WoW aren't really cloaks, just pieces of fabric attached to the back of our characters necks.

Also, if the Night Elves look anything like Tyrande and Illidan, I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    I was hoping they'd look into making cloaks/capes 3d with the legendary, but no dice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not too impressed with the racial weapons. They're decent, but there's much more appropriate racial weaponry/armour already available in-game. I'd love to see more options available, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm not too impressed with the racial weapons. They're decent, but there's much more appropriate racial weaponry/armour already available in-game. I'd love to see more options available, though.
    Options never hurt, for some reason a part of me thinks that the racial specific weapons are the first in a line of transmog only Blizzard store products, race specific items would sell like hot pockets and I think they know it.
    You just lost The Game

Options never hurt, for some reason a part of me thinks that the racial specific weapons are the first in a line of transmog only Blizzard store products, race specific items would sell like hot pockets and I think they know it.
    they better not. alot of people have demanded racial gear and if they did that it would just piss them off.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Delete that post or I'll punch you in the face. STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Delete that post or I'll punch you in the face. STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS
    Let's be real here, if Blizzard wants to keep WoW profitable with a declining population, they need to start investing resources into the in-game shop. Sooner or later, maybe a decade or two down the line, WoW is going to be unsustainable on a subscription based model and is going to go free-to-play. When they do go, they are going to need an expansive in-game shop in order to capitalize on the tens of millions of free-to-play players. It's the life cycle of every online game, just look at how TF2 did it for an example of how I think it will go down. I'm not saying that WoW is failing because it's bad, its not, I'm just saying that there is a natural order to things and even the biggest games are going to fade out eventually. The cash shop is just a way to extend it's lifespan.
    You just lost The Game

Let's be real here, if Blizzard wants to keep WoW profitable with a declining population, they need to start investing resources into the in-game shop. Sooner or later, maybe a decade or two down the line, WoW is going to be unsustainable on a subscription based model and is going to go free-to-play. When they do go, they are going to need an expansive in-game shop in order to capitalize on the tens of millions of free-to-play players. It's the life cycle of every online game, just look at how TF2 did it for an example of how I think it will go down. I'm not saying that WoW is failing because it's bad, its not, I'm just saying that there is a natural order to things and even the biggest games are going to fade out eventually. The cash shop is just a way to extend it's lifespan.
    how is it declining? last we heard it was going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how is it declining? last we heard it was going up.
    There are 2 paths that WoW could follow in the coming years, the first being the continuation of the downward trend that it's been following since 2011, or, based on the recent 200k subscriber increase, we could see a stabilization around WoW's current population. I think the bolstering of the Blizzard store is indicative of their forecasting and preparing for the former, though I would love to see WoW sit at a healthy 8mil population for the years to come.
    You just lost The Game

There are 2 paths that WoW could follow in the coming years, the first being the continuation of the downward trend that it's been following since 2011, or, based on the recent 200k subscriber increase, we could see a stabilization around WoW's current population. I think the bolstering of the Blizzard store is indicative of their forecasting and preparing for the former, though I would love to see WoW sit at a healthy 8mil population for the years to come.
    well hopefully WOD brings alot more people back and more new comers. sadly i dont think it will ever reach 12 million again. at most i see it reaching 10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well hopefully WOD brings alot more people back and more new comers. sadly i dont think it will ever reach 12 million again. at most i see it reaching 10 million.
    I could definitely see WoD bring WoW up to at least 9.5m, then quietly subside to the 8m mark where it stabilizes. As long as Blizzard doesn't do anything crazy like Cataclysm raiding again I could definitely see less and less people dropping their subs. Their plan for annual expansions and faster content schedules should help as well.
    You just lost The Game

I could definitely see WoD bring WoW up to at least 9.5m, then quietly subside to the 8m mark where it stabilizes. As long as Blizzard doesn't do anything crazy like Cataclysm raiding again I could definitely see less and less people dropping their subs. Their plan for annual expansions and faster content schedules should help as well.
    If they only could keep up with their plan of annual expansions instead of the current model where we can celebrate the final raid tier's anniversary before the next expansion.