Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Remember, he's a conservative. Our country is the best damn country with the best damn constitution but fuck if you can defend our government.
    /golfclap for your sharp deductive skills in determining my ideology! Cookies for all!

For you to understand my position on my country's government, you need to know the difference between "defending" it and "canonizing" it. Once you do that, get back to me and we'll talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The substance is there. It takes critical thought to find it. See the common road block for you?

This is the part where you say "I thought so" or whatever half-assed quip tickles your fancy, because you actually analyzing the grade-A bullshit that is your post would take effort that you just can't muster. I'm not inclined to hold your hand through the process as of yet, because you haven't shown an ounce of objectivity that would make it a worthwhile endeavor.

Convince me, or double down. Either way, step it up.
    I posted an opinion. You posted gibberish that in no way shape or form refuted what I said, and then proceeded to pat yourself on the back for it. I know you think you're clever, but you'll be better off reminded that there are people above the age of 13 reading this who are probably looking for a bit more cognizance.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-12-10 at 06:10 AM.

Flaming is a poor excuse for an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    No thats not what I meant at all. Its IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU, message. How exactly is this gonna benefit the economy? If we raise fast food joints minimum then how long before other people start demanding more? Teachers? Then up and up it goes. People walk out, things don't get sold. Students walk out of school in strike etc. This is the beginning of bad things to come.
    You forget, there are literally hundreds of situations that could prevent someone from doing what you did. Like, jus to name a few. No license, no family to watch the kids, not enough money to pay services to watch your kids. You were considered lucky, not everyone has your resources. Even a famiy with both of their parents. Its difficult, what if the only community college waz an hour away? Cant afford the gas, you have no friends to hitch a ride, again, no one to watch the kids. Your in a small town where you cant even find a job? Which a lot of people cant. Don't assume, point fingers, nd call people lazy. You don't know, some of those people are suffering, in pain, depression, and still working hard to figure out a bright future for their kids. Cause you surely aren't doin it for them, so don't judge how hard it really is for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    I think its a bunch of bullshit too, there should be bigger pay raises to those who risk their lives everyday, i'm not talking police officers. I'm talking firefighters and some branches of the military. At this rate, the obesity rates will sky rise.
    And obesity kills. It would merely kill people who are currently not deemed worthy of survival anyway?
    So why would it affect your live that the bottom 20% of the country would have a little disposable income - or hell - even health insurance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Again, due to FRB, money can not be "sat on".

People like to say $70,000 is the limit for happiness before diminishing returns kick in, right?

Okay we'll use that.

Say someone earns $100,000. They spend the first $70,000 and run out of ideas what to do with the remaining $30,000/year. So they stick it in a bank.

The bank then turns around and lends ~$27,000 of that out to someone who will spend it.
    you don´t make any sense here, because the 27.000 aren´t withdrawn from the 30.000, they are created ontop of the 30.000
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    The issue is that we need less people to produce than we do to consume.

- - - Updated - - -

When I get my savings to the right point, I will be moving to N.H. =)
    Good to hear it! :-) We need more freedom fighters here in N.H. :-)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that the vast majority of bank loans are made to business. This is NOT the case.

Private household, NOT businesses, are the group that holds the lion's share of bank loans (Which does include consumer debt such as credit cards). Businesses and governments receive the bulk of their funding in the form of bond issuances with the exception of small businesses.
    The interest rate on those bond issues depend indirectly on what the Fed is doing to the interest rate. It is functionally the same as a bank loan except people (or institutions) make the decision to take their money out of the bank (or some other investment) to buy the bond instead of leaving it to the banks to make the loan.

And it's a good thing to have private households piling on credit card debt for consumption (by definition, no return on expenditures) or the other major category, home mortgages, where low interest rates just pump up an asset bubble.

Much of the theoretical benefit of using monetary policy assumes that the economy is capital constrained. That there is labor and other resources and all that's needed to grow is getting money into the right places. But that's not the case.

You don't need to take my word for it. Former Fed chair Marriner Eccles has written about this issue.
    http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/...er-eccles.html
    (Yes, the link is from a lefty website, economically speaking. Feel free to ignore the commentary)

Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    I posted an opinion. You posted gibberish that in no way shape or form refuted what I said, and then proceeded to pat yourself on the back for it. I know you think you're clever, but you'll be better off reminded that there are people above the age of 13 reading this who are probably looking for a bit more cognizance.

[Infracted]
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would be able to analyze your own ridiculousness and figure out exactly why your post about Walmart having food drives for employees of their own company is not, in fact, a positive.

I overestimated your capability.

Edit:
    It seems your banned now for some reason, which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Judging by their location bit, I suspect you're talking to a Free Stater.
    I am so happy that would never fly here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    So this "well single parents cant go to college because there isn't time" is a load of crap. There's a word for that its called LAZINESS.
    You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? Did you even think that out before you hit enter? It must have sounded like a great idea all the way up until it wasn't there anymore for some reason. What's one of the two things single parents don't have an abundance of? Time. How the hell old are you? 22 and just back from a neo con rally?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-12-10 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I am so happy that would never fly here.
    Doesn't fly up here either. The Libertarian party gets fewer votes than the Communist parties. They get a lot fewer votes than the Rhinoceros Party (a joke party) got in the 80s, though about twice as many votes as the current incarnation. They also get about half as many votes as the obviously insane Natural Law Party got.

Though they do have a sensible idea in that government should be encouraged to use open source software.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-12-10 at 04:44 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would be able to analyze your own ridiculousness and figure out exactly why your post about Walmart having food drives for employees of their own company is not, in fact, a positive.

I overestimated your capability.

Edit:
    It seems your banned now for some reason, which is unfortunate.

Kudos for not kicking him while he is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Kudos for not kicking him while he is down.
    I edited it. I owe nothing more to him, if he even earned that.

Deleted
    http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...United+Kingdom

^ Evidence cost of living in the UK is significantly higher than the US.

UK fast food workers on NMW, thats about $10.37, which is pretty much the same as US when you count in the higher cost of living here, No ones whining here.

Also lol at thinking making burgers is worth that much in the first place, my job puts me in actual danger every shift and I only get $16.44ph

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    The Libertarian party gets fewer votes than the Communist parties. They get a lot fewer votes than the Rhinoceros Party (a joke party) got in the 80s, though about twice as many votes as the current incarnation. They also get about half as many votes as the obviously insane Natural Law Party got.
    Libertarian party has the right background philosophy, but like most major political parties has been co-opted and overrun by its insane fringes. The operative philosophy (weaker central government) is a good one. Sadly, the party itself has been taken over by the Free Drugs crowd and a bunch of others who make the party meetings look like a lunatic convention. Your average, sane, regular voter who wants nothing more than fiscal responsibility and reduced Federal powers has no place there. Sadly, they don't have room for such a normal point of view anywhere else either. The Tea Party is about as close as you can get to actual "libertarianism" nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    The Tea Party is about as close as you can get to actual "libertarianism" nowadays.
    Please tell me you're joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Please tell me you're joking.
    I think you got the wrong villian only the joker makes jokes while the riddler leaves you dumbfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You should be able to sympathize considering you're from la too. It's really expensive here and maybe not 15, but 10-12 should be minimum here.
    My thoughts exactly. You knew how hard it was yet you want others to continue to go through the hardship of not being able to make a solid living?

@OP: I get your point that low minimum wage is suppose to get people's asses in gear for a better job but most people do that anyway with the stress of customer service jobs, like fast food (yes that may seem like a joke but some of those employees have to go through some serious sh!t daily depending on the area).

We're talking about barely livable wages being increased to decent living wages, which Im all in favor for. Hell if anything, its more money for people to spend, more taxes to be gained, and more funds to solve/fix problems (cars, kids, accidents, birthdays, hospital bills, ect.).
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    Also lol at thinking making burgers is worth that much in the first place, my job puts me in actual danger every shift and I only get $16.44ph
    ever thought about that you´re being underpaid too?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

lol US is a 3rd world country