Best "claw grip" mouse?

I bought a Logitech G9x about 20 months ago, and it seems I over-used it already as the right mouse button and one of the thumb buttons missclick more and more. It's sad cuz I paid alot for that mouse, and not even 2 years of life for that price... Now I'm looking for a new mouse, and I'm in need of a "claw grip" one.

It's hard to find *the* best mouse when you don't have all the mice in front of you, and I hope some of you can hint me in the right direction. I got small hands (I'm one of those), and I always liked to grab my mouse. I tried some "palm mice" and it felt like I wanted to die playing with those. Some years ago I bought a Razer Lachesis which was branded "claw grip" but the mouse was like 4 inches long, NO WAY it was a claw grip mouse, I rma'ed it right away. I was pleased with the Logitech G9x, it's a very small mouse, and the grip is very nice... but as I said, not paying that amount for a 20 months lifespan mouse.

I don't need 2000 buttons on it, I would run away from the mmo-mouse from Razer hehe. So, what should be my next mouse?

""3-year limited hardware warranty""

Perhaps you can RMA it?
    Either way, how large ar your hands? There are no mice large enough to fit me.

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/xornet/

I use that and I LOVE it, not too many buttons, you can change DPI on the fly. and its not super expensive either. and it doesn't feel flimsy or cheap either. Ive had mine for a while

@Tonath: I actually seen a video of that mouse, I'm game to try it! Just made a buy, I should get it tuesday, I will let you know what I think!

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    @Tonath: I actually seen a video of that mouse, I'm game to try it! Just made a buy, I should get it tuesday, I will let you know what I think!
    Cool! I hope you like it, like I said I love mine

Im actually considering buying a second for a backup! lol
    Last edited by Tonath; 2013-12-07 at 02:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought a Logitech G9x about 20 months ago, and it seems I over-used it already as the right mouse button and one of the thumb buttons missclick more and more. It's sad cuz I paid alot for that mouse, and not even 2 years of life for that price... Now I'm looking for a new mouse, and I'm in need of a "claw grip" one.

It's hard to find *the* best mouse when you don't have all the mice in front of you, and I hope some of you can hint me in the right direction. I got small hands (I'm one of those), and I always liked to grab my mouse. I tried some "palm mice" and it felt like I wanted to die playing with those. Some years ago I bought a Razer Lachesis which was branded "claw grip" but the mouse was like 4 inches long, NO WAY it was a claw grip mouse, I rma'ed it right away. I was pleased with the Logitech G9x, it's a very small mouse, and the grip is very nice... but as I said, not paying that amount for a 20 months lifespan mouse.

I don't need 2000 buttons on it, I would run away from the mmo-mouse from Razer hehe. So, what should be my next mouse?
    I am basically in the same situation as you. I have also a G9x (but over 3 years old now) that is starting to sometimes have missclicks on the right button. I specifically picked the G9x for it's smaller size (i am using the smaller hardcover that comes with it). I use a fingertip grip, where my wrist sits on the desk and i move the mouse only by flexing my hand. I (male) have very wide hands, but lengthwise they are a only slightly over average. The G9x is near the the upper limit of what i can use comfortably.

I currently have my eyes on the Corsair M95. While i still played WoW, i mainly wanted it (M90 back then) because of the actually useful thumb-button layout (resting space in the middle, buttons arranged around that), but never bought it, because my G9x was still going strong and initially there were severe problems with the drivers.
    The M95 is bit longer: 118mm (M95) vs. 109mm (G9x with small hardcover). But because of the overall shape, at least for me the grip would probably be about the same. On the G9x the lower end is more than halfway above the surface, while with the M95 it is basically on the desk.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1354791/c...tical-versions
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1219064/i...-another-style

CMStorm Xornet and Spawn look actually quite good. Both are fairly short (107mm) and seem to be comfortable for fingertip grip. Shape seems to be identical, but different sensor and electronics. I have to check with my local retailer if they have them so i can test them first hand myself.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    CMStorm Xornet and Spawn look actually quite good. Both are fairly short (107mm) and seem to be comfortable for fingertip grip. Shape seems to be identical, but different sensor and electronics. I have to check with my local retailer if they have them so i can test them first hand myself.
    That'd be cool if you could try it.

Two cents about these CM mices. These rubber sides with holes are NOT easy to clean. So this mouse is not good long term.

15+ Year Old Account
    That'd be cool if you could try it.
    Sadly, my local retailer doesn't carry these mice. Also no Corsair M90/M95 shelving right now
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I just received it... OH MY GOD it feels so good in the hand! It is by far the most confortable mouse I ever lay hand on hehehe! Onto trying it in game!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I just received it... OH MY GOD it feels so good in the hand! It is by far the most confortable mouse I ever lay hand on hehehe! Onto trying it in game!!
    What mouse exactly did you get? Curious, because i might get a new one soon, and our requirements seem to match up pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account

Hello

I have also a massive claw hand gameplay.

I've spent a lot of time looking for the perfect mouse. I tried Roccat, Logitech, and basically all Razers.

Only one i love and use at the moment is the mmo RAT 7. Because you can setup it to fit your hand perfectly.

I've seen a lot of improvement in my gameplay. For world of warcaft i went from 2K2 arena rating to 2K5(glad) the last season before i quit the game.

You should give it a try if one of your friend can lend it to you
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-12-11 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    What mouse exactly did you get? Curious, because i might get a new one soon, and our requirements seem to match up pretty well.
    I got the CMStorm Xornet mouse. It has absolutely no strains to my hand, beats the "old" G9x. It grips well and works well when you lift it up upto about half an inch, and the scroller is top notch. On the low side, the left-right buttons are very slippery, kinda liked the G9x which has a more abbrasive aspect to the whole mouse. But for 31$ (including 8$ shipping!) it's really worth trying!! (if you're into claw grip mice)