Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz View Post
    It the WoD is 8-10 months im thinking that most ppl will have made or bought it by then. The account mounts is good for collectors but at the same time killing the marked to some degree.

If the CD is gone, you might fetch a small crafting fee or 3-5k profit. If the CD is still there you might fetch 5-10k. But the marked will not be big. I dropped making the Alchemy Mount when the profit went Down to 2-3k and maybe selling 1 every 2 week.
    But what of all the returning players for wod that never even played mop etc. The free 90 is going to pull in many at least for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Keep in mind that if they retain the 'no flying until 6.1' BS that will devalue the mount until 6.1.
    It's a ground mount that doesn't dismount to herb. I doubt it will lose much value to gatherers.

Currently most of the worth comes from the cooldown factor.
    Without that i can produce em for 12-14k each on my server, maybe even lower if i could buy Living Steel in bulk from someone.
    I'd say sell em now and take the guaranteed profit rather then risking it for the long run.
    Doubt the amount of people returning to WoD with interest in the mount is enough of a market worth going for.

The CD on living steel is not the factor. It won't be removed. There's a reason they put things like riddle of steel and song of harmony in the game - ways to create daily cooldown mats without a cooldown.

Spirits of harmony may go BoE or BoA, but they will still be a pain to farm and each craft requires three of them.

I'd sell them now; with account-wide mounts there's not as big of a market as you'd think.

Value comes down as people unload materials early in expansion. It won't come back up until much later when players don't want to farm older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    The CD on living steel is not the factor. It won't be removed. There's a reason they put things like riddle of steel and song of harmony in the game - ways to create daily cooldown mats without a cooldown.

Spirits of harmony may go BoE or BoA, but they will still be a pain to farm and each craft requires three of them.
    Think most are referring to the engi cooldown, one that currently has no way to bypass.

my guess is people already ruined it for everybody. The people willing to sell the mount for as low as 19k on my server are just dumb. Its a 50k plus mount easy all day long. And waiting wont change those peoples minds. You can either attempt to control the market and buy all of them on your server. Or just sell it.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Its a ground mount also.
    And it don't dissmount you while herbing. So it's those with sky golem that will speed herbing becuase druids cant use flyform

I'd save them. Every derp with engineering decided to flood the market with little regard to supply and demand. And now golems are at 26k on your server, 19k on mine. I'd wait, see if the supply shrinks a bit while people focus on other blueprints.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

idk about you guys but the prices are just going down...

Don't think prices are going up next expansion. Then there will be another cool goldsink mount that everybody's gonna want and demand for the skygolem will drop.

Honestly atm after the cost for living steel there is literally no reason to sell it at this time becaus eof the minor profits. If worst comes to the worst id rather save it anyway and either sell it when living steel reduces in price or use it myself

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Honestly atm after the cost for living steel there is literally no reason to sell it at this time becaus eof the minor profits. If worst comes to the worst id rather save it anyway and either sell it when living steel reduces in price or use it myself
    Well, there is another option, altho risky.
    With the price dropping lower and lower each day on most servers it wont be long till it sells under mats costs (300 Ghost Iron bars+30 Living Steel or 2100 Ghost Iron bars (Alchemy Ghost Iron -> Trillium -> Living Steel) whichever cheapest) so you could just start buying em under a certain price.
    Now, the price may drop even lower but you could just store em and sell em either next xpac or when the price/demand increases for another reason.
    With the engineering cooldown in place its still a somewhat limited item.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    But what of all the returning players for wod that never even played mop etc. The free 90 is going to pull in many at least for a little while.
    Accounts with little to no gold on em yeah.
    Blizzard wont fuel every level boosted 90 free char with 50kish since that would basically mean goldselling to some extend.
    Free flying, some green starter gear, a couple hundred gold maybe, but that's it.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2013-12-16 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind... Most of their value was in the CD early on. To get one those first few days they were available.

Now, and going forward, the sky golem takes literally 0 time investment. Or, well, 3 minutes aggregated. There's no reason for prices to go up, even if the cooldown isn't removed.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The value for the CD will likely go up next expac because really, who's going to be farming ghost iron. Especially if they put a catch-up mechanism in for JC. In addition, spirit dust will be worthless because of how easy it is to farm in vale via guo-lai caches and dropped greens. I can literally farm 20 stacks of it in an hour if I were so inclined and that's now, let alone next expac when every mob will be 1-shottable. This means nobody is going to be shuffling crafted JC items into dust the way the cata items are.

A decent number of re-subs will buy it. 25-30K gold is not much. Re-subbed accounts from Cata may have that much gold lying around as it's a trivial amount, and if not they'll just go out and earn it.

I don't see the CD on Jard's being removed either, as it only crafts three expensive items all of which have a lot of novelty to them.

I don't see the CD on Jard's being removed either, as it only crafts three expensive items all of which have a lot of novelty to them.
    Titansteel had its cooldown removed while only being used for Jeeves and Choppers currently.
    Jeeves is BoP (For the love of god make this accountwide btw :<) and Choppers sell for little over their mathcost due to Ulduar farming.
    Item usage hasn't been a restriction in the past for blizzard and i seriously doubt they will change that, for the worse (for non crafters), coming WoD.

Titansteel was used to craft various PVE armor all of which became irrelevant after the expansion ended. In the case of Jard's, it only crafts three vanity items and nothing else. In the case of Jeeves only the engineer themselves can use it and it's BoP.

Consider alchemy - the elemental transmutes still share a cooldown after 8 years. If I transmute living steel, I can't transmute living elements (cata) or earth to water (vanilla), etc.

Deleted
    Consider alchemy - the elemental transmutes still share a cooldown after 8 years. If I transmute living steel, I can't transmute living elements (cata) or earth to water (vanilla), etc.
    Elemental transmutes are a special case, since each of those transmutes create mats for another transmute. If it wasn't for the cooldown you could combine this with Transmute Mastery and generate an infinite amount of mats by transmuting back and forth between different elements.

2 things to consider:
    If you sell it now it will probably sell fast due to demand, but you won't get that much from it.
    If you wait until next expac you may be able to sell it for more, but it will be more difficult to sell because most people who want them will have them by then (since they are account bound they only need 1).
    Bane