Thread: LFR Idiocracy

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

LFR Idiocracy

Just got kicked from Siegecrafter Blackfuse LFR, and I'm laughing/shaking my head at the sheer stupidity of it. Figured I'd share since Tanking LFR is a huge bitchfest on mmochamp atm.

It's been a while since I did an LFR and trash went surprisingly well, as my cotank was quite competent. Obviously, it's rare to have a decent cotank. We started sending tells just confirming that we both knew the fight, and a DPS starts hollering at us to "go just pull." I told them to hold their horses, we'd be pulling in a sec, and if they wanted to do something to hurry it up, they could kick the two dps not accepting rezzes. The dps continues to bitch as it takes upwards of 20 seconds for us to pull the boss. Then we wipe as my cotank dies followed by me, which isn't a huge shock in LFR, but I was surprised. Then I look at the meters. Three healers are 10k or below, and half the dps are 40k or below. The dps that continues to complain is pulling 22k. He keeps saying "fail tanks, kick tanks."

Next pull, same thing. We wipe as my cotank dies, and I die shortly after. I check death logs for my cotank: he taunts Blackfuse, and for the next 15 seconds receives almost no healing. At the 10 second mark he gets a tick of renewing mist and a cascade, then dies 5 seconds later. Yeah, he probably should be able to survive off indirect heals in LFR, but still. The tank on the boss was at 200k health and no one considered to cast a heal on him.

The 22k dps keeps beating the drums of "fail tanks, kick tanks" and the next thing I know, my cotank is gone, and I'm gone right after. It's not a huge inconvenience, as I typically have an instaqueue, but I just find it funny that the next two tanks will likely be much worse, and hilariously unprepared for a 22k dps hero to be pitching a fit.

this is why a certain amount of gamers need a small satelite with a cyanid dart cannon. Homing in on people like that 22k dps twat. Remlving the plague from RLB

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    be thankful you "got out" when you did, cant say id wanna stay in a group like that.

This is why I can't run LFR anymore. It's always been bad but I feel like this tier has made it infinitely worse.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    This is why I can't run LFR anymore. It's always been bad but I feel like this tier has made it infinitely worse.
    Yeah, Flex has made my alt addiction 500 billion percent better, and my LFR experience that much worse. Most of the time I'm able to avoid it, but those instaqueue satchels entice me every now and again, mainly because I'm too lazy to work for a green or blue proto-drake.

Clearly if I tank LFR the odds of getting one of those mounts are extremely high

'Idiocracy' is not a word~

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    'Idiocracy' is not a word~
    It's a movie, look it up.

I honestly think people exaggerate the numbers. I don't play but I wish people would take screenshots of the meters so I could really see.

Anyway, yeah that seemed like a bad group. To be honest I might be a little impatient myself if it's an easy boss and want it over with, but whatever I'd be chill and wait if it was short.

But lol no healing and 10k HPS? And 22k DPS? That's not possible.

lol Welcome the LFR, I love you! Or Welcome to World of Warcraft, I love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I honestly think people exaggerate the numbers. I don't play but I wish people would take screenshots of the meters so I could really see.

Anyway, yeah that seemed like a bad group. To be honest I might be a little impatient myself if it's an easy boss and want it over with, but whatever I'd be chill and wait if it was short.

We had a monk that was doing 8k heals, and 12k dps. I didn't bother to check their spec, but those numbers are wrong for whichever spec they were in. It's unreal sometimes what you see in LFR. Also, I've seen other people screenshot meters similar to what I saw today, but I didn't feel like wasting 2 minutes blurring names when I figured everyone knew this type of thing happens in LFR from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Segadra View Post
    lol Welcome the LFR, I love you! Or Welcome to World of Warcraft, I love you! <videosnip>
    This movie is hilarious and terrifying. Loved this scene.

As a heroic raider, I don't do LFR at all, so when you do lfr don't expect to get the best people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

You must not play or avoid LFR like the plague because it is possible and happens all the time. Most of the time they get kicked after such a shitty performance but every now and then you have a guild group and you can't get rid of the fuckers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if your 22K DPS were in there to troll the group and find ways to disrupt it and eventually make it fail. People seem to be really delighted with themselves and post often enough to show how proud they are about it.

I mean seriously: someone explain to me how you tell bad players from players who are trolling? I mean they're really all terrible players. All of them. Even those that make a special trip here to enlighten us all with how lazy they are.

Give me a lesser-skilled player in basic TI gear that's actually trying over some of the other clowns in their 550+ gear any day.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-09 at 03:34 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

if you queue for retards, you'll get the retards

saying that most of my LFR experiences have been half decent, but i guess with flex removing some of the better players, and timeless isle allowing some of the laziest/worst players to easily get into the fresh LFR tier the ability and gear of the average player will go down. i still think with flex around LFR should be removed in 6.0 and the group finder should work for flex, where people can start groups with gear requirements as high/low as they want, and you can still remove a player if they are terrible. LFR is just too watered down to be considered "raiding" flex is really nicely balanced blizzard should try push people into it over time and eventually remove LFR.

I never experienced the LFR hell people attest to enduring when ToT was current, but since 5.4 it's gotten really awful at times for some reason. There is a ton of trolling now, and I have noticed a LOT of players pulling the "dot the boss, die on purpose, wait for the loot roll" scam. Poor healing is an issue, but it's also tanks geared in Timeless Isle stuff that is not gemmed, enchanted, or upgraded because it's "disposable" gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if your 22K DPS were in there to troll the group and find ways to disrupt it and eventually make it fail. People seem to be really delighted with themselves and post often enough to show how proud they are about it.

I mean seriously: someone explain to me how you tell bad players from players who are trolling? I mean they're really all terrible players. All of them. Even those that make a special trip here to enlighten us all with how lazy they are.

Give me a lesser-skilled player in basic TI gear that's actually trying over some of the other clowns in their 550+ gear any day.
    22k DPS is easy as an atonement priest, if the belt team fails, if you die from aggro on the big add, and so on and so forth.

Someone who is lazy and getting away with it is not a bad player; they appear to be one. The TI player can be a good player (but most players are not) which is why mister 550 has the potential to do better even if only same skilled. Those players you mentioned can play better, but you did not experience that. That is very much akin to the healer team overgearing the encounter and therefore overhealing, being AFK, or doing DPS instead. You won't see them at their best because they aren't being challenged. Its even the same with AoE DPS. On some fights if you wanna get ranked or do the encounter some people need to now AoE instead do single target.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if your 22K DPS were in there to troll the group and find ways to disrupt it and eventually make it fail.
    This is a good point. Tbh, the ability to rally others into a frenzy about something incorrect sounds a lot like a trait that would be helpful in... an idiocracy.

yeah another night another dream

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a brand new L90 MW as of today and I've been running the character through pretty much all of LFR today.

What strikes me is that the groups in ToT are way better geared and better performing than the ones in SoO. Not just today but it has been really obvious today.

I see groups cutting boss phases short and 5+ DPS >150k in ToT, and meanwhile off in the world of SoO fail, had a Norushen enrage with absolutely stupendous raid damage (and heals), 300-400k/sec raid damage AVERAGE over the encounter. BARELY got Pride down in one pull. I don't know. There is something weird about the groups in SoO.

I don't have a problem with the notion of LFR and it's pretty much the only way I can set foot in a raid. But I just don't get what is going on in SoO LFR, when clearly there are flex-norm geared players out there who are, basically, "running heroics" except in T14 and T15 LFR. I'm not into disparaging inexperienced players but I really don't know what the poor quality of groups in SoO is all about, because elsewhere, they are much better. (Well, except maybe in Heart of Fear.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    LFR is just too watered down to be considered "raiding" flex is really nicely balanced blizzard should try push people into it over time and eventually remove LFR.
    LFR is fine "raiding" just like Wrath heroics were fine "heroics."

The reason LFR isn't going away is that scheduled raiding is just not something more than a tiny minority of the player base is ever going to do.

And the only reason people run PuG raids is to do quick farm clears.

Every tank should boycott LFR until it gets removed altogether.