Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    0.02> second, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

all i can think to this is. monty python and the holy grail.. "i cut your bloody arm off". "no you didnt".... 6 shots??? really?

Not enough information to feel one way or the other, despite the articles best effort to paint it a specific direction.

Anyways people are making a big deal of the shots fired. I'm going to guess you're european and don't know what it means to have armed criminals on your streets. In law enforcement if you shoot someone you shoot to take them out, you do not stop at one shot. Stopping to evaluate the effect after your first shot is the way to get yourself or others killed. If you are forced to open fire you need to make sure they are not getting back up.

That said, this guy has questionable law enforcement history. I suppose it's possible he took some gun class that would teach him these basics... but I'm surprised a college cop can carry in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    0.02> second, sorry.
    In isreal everyone learns how to disarm a gun to prefend kidnappings.....i just hope after i saw your video that those kidnapping terrorists are not all extraordinary superskilled gunslingers....

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Not enough information to feel one way or the other, despite the articles best effort to paint it a specific direction.

Anyways people are making a big deal of the shots fired. I'm going to guess you're european and don't know what it means to have armed criminals on your streets. In law enforcement if you shoot someone you shoot to take them out, you do not stop at one shot. Stopping to evaluate the effect after your first shot is the way to get yourself or others killed. If you are forced to open fire you need to make sure they are not getting back up.

That said, this guy has questionable law enforcement history. I suppose it's possible he took some gun class that would teach him these basics... but I'm surprised a college cop can carry in the first place.
    If it takes 6 shots for a law enforcer to take someone out, they should visit the shooting range more often? Same case as the toronto teen on the bus with 8 shots into him and 18 police officers on the scene.

Yes because every guy with a gun is an idiot that gets that close to his target. You can't kill a man unless you shoot him point blank, I forgot.

He could have just tasered him, but i guess he was in a bad mood or something, maby the wife was fooling around or something. What a idiot nonetheless.

Why can't these kinds of threads be banned? All they do is promote bashing of law enforcement officers and there is hardly anything constructive ever said in these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why can't these kinds of threads be banned? All they do is promote bashing of law enforcement officers and there is hardly anything constructive ever said in these.
    No, news like this should create a sensibility for the "real lawenforcers" to whatch out for their trigger happy colleagues to prefend such things.

Police is nessecary theres no doubt. Gun use by a proffessional lawenforcer should be the last option of choice.

No, news like this should create a sensibility for the "real lawenforcers" to whatch out for their trigger happy colleagues to prefend such things.

Police is nessecary theres no doubt. Gun use by a proffessional lawenforcer should be the last option of choice.
    Threads like this do no such thing. Threads like this are created with zero info other than "dude got shot" and it's just a free for all of police bashing.

Threads like this do no such thing. Threads like this are created with zero info other than "dude got shot" and it's just a free for all of police bashing.
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of people eager to defend another police officer for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well getting payed for sitting at home from 8 to 5 still doesn't sound all that bad but I guess that depends on your living situation which might be not that impressive being on a campus policeman salary.
    The purpose of it still eases the blow.

It's meant to get the potential offender off the street (and neuter their ability to cause further harm) while not punishing them until they're proven guilty.

So I'll take it. Due process is a thing, no matter how much we wish we could make exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of people eager to defend another police officer for murder.
    Thats some pretty harsh bias, no one is hopping out to defend an officer for murder. I see people saying they don't have enough to form an opinion on, then the people who just want to bash cops then another group of people explaining things for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The purpose of it still eases the blow.

It's meant to get the potential offender off the street (and neuter their ability to cause further harm) while not punishing them until they're proven guilty.

So I'll take it. Due process is a thing, no matter how much we wish we could make exceptions.
    Going on what little info we have, it looks like the officer made an exception to due process, skipped the line straight to execution.

But that is with the very little info we have here.

The way I picture this going down was, victim was still in his drivers seat. Aside from the victim possibly reaching under his seat and looking like he was going for a weapon, there is really no reason for the cop to unload a clip into him.

I would like to know how this all went down, was the kid asked to step out of the vehicle, was he searched, was he cuffed? Was he still sitting in his driver's seat? Was there a weapon found in the car. Was the officer still within his jurisdiction? What did the kid say that triggered this event to occur?

There has been threads which discussed the need to have police made to have a recorder on them at all times, This would be a perfect case for that being needed. If there is really only 1 witness, who did not see anything until the last moment when the victim was shot, we have no way of really knowing what events lead to this incident.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats some pretty harsh bias, no one is hopping out to defend an officer for murder. I see people saying they don't have enough to form an opinion on, then the people who just want to bash cops then another group of people explaining things for them.
    Because if so, the truth will shine and the police will admit that just another trigger happy cop executed a citizen.
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have anti cop feelings, cops i call when i having trouble before i do something stupid..... i just dislike people abusing their powers and ruin otherpeople lives...

Edit: I didnt know that the source isnt something official.... untill then nothing say then here.
    You say this but everything else you've said including your opening post tells me you have serious anti-cop attitude. Unless you were being sarcastic here. That said this news article doesn't seem very reliable, they continue to mention the kid's grades like it should be some kind of immunity to doing something stupid. Sounds to me like we only got one side of the story, I'll wait till a more reliable source releases more information.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-12-09 at 02:58 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Because if so, the truth will shine and the police will admit that just another trigger happy cop executed a citizen.
    Yes.
    Ugh

Yep, every cop is out to get you. Best move to Somali or another place that doesn't have a police force.

Campus cops should pull out tasers by default, unless it's Wayne State or John's Hopkins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    You say this but everything else you've said including your opening post tells me you have serious anti-cop attitude. Unless you were being sarcastic here. That said this news article doesn't seem very reliable, they continue to mention the kid's grades like it should be some kind of immunity to doing something stupid. Sounds to me like we only got one side of the story, I'll wait till a more reliable source releases more information.
    The kids grade was mentioned....an i only suggest that he was a really clever kid ... prvoked the carter guy which he then was so angry that he fired him 6 times. I am from germany, didnt know the source was nothing official.

and no, one of my family members was a cop, so no anti cop attitude here, i just dont like assholes in general.
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2013-12-09 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Going on what little info we have, it looks like the officer made an exception to due process, skipped the line straight to execution.
    It doesn't matter.

Just because we're angry doesn't mean the officer doesn't get their own hearings.