Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    He told the website: 'I heard (a man) say, 'Oh, you're gonna shoot me?' like sarcastic almost.'

Supposed witness doesn't even know who spoke, so what if it was the officer that said those words?
    Need a better source though
    The website it's self is kind of in question here, but you quote this but ignore the very first line of the article that says

A witness says he heard the sarcastic final words of a Texas student moments before he was shot dead by a college police officer.
    And considering this was his neighbour and considering he refereed to the deceased as "'the nicest guy" it's safe to assume he knew the guy on some level to at least know what his voice sounded like.

All I got is questions. Why was Redus chasing this carter dude OFF campus ? Why was 6 shots needed to put this guy down ? What was he doing to justify 6 shots or was it the cop acting out of line ? So little information to go on.

6 rounds isn't really a lot. If was a full magazine of say 15-17 rds then maybe it's overkill. 6 rds is about par for hitting someone 2-3 times. Anyone who says 6 shots is overkill has never fired a handgun, let alone in a defensive situation.

My stance based on what I've read and seen so far states that this kid was a hipster self-entitled ass wipe. All the mention of his grades leads me to believe he either felt superior and was being a provocative dick or was trying suicide by cop. Again lets just wait until more fact come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    6 rounds isn't really a lot. If was a full magazine of say 15-17 rds then maybe it's overkill. 6 rds is about par for hitting someone 2-3 times. Anyone who says 6 shots is overkill has never fired a handgun, let alone in a defensive situation.

My stance based on what I've read and seen so far states that this kid was a hipster self-entitled ass wipe. All the mention of his grades leads me to believe he either felt superior and was being a provocative dick or was trying suicide by cop. Again lets just wait until more fact come out.
    It depends, We have no idea of the positioning of the parties involved. If this was a traffic stop, and the victim was still sitting in his driver's seat, and the cop was standing at his door, 6 shots is not necessary, 2-3 at most.

What needs to be answered, is why were the shots fired in the first place. The answer to that question would fill in many holes in this story.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel like they should maybe be hitting more than 33-50% of their shots, regardless of how many they fire or how many are reasonable.
    Again, we have no idea how far the officer was from the victim.

If there were all but 5ft apart, 1-2 shots would have been fine.

Shooting 6 times is intent to kill, what did this kid do, to deserve death during a traffic stop?

For all of you saying you will wait until there is news from another source why don't you bother to open the damn article so you can click the link provided to the original article from a local news organization. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ng-5040968.php

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Ugh
    Yep, every cop is out to get you. Best move to Somali or another place that doesn't have a police force.
    Actually these countries are honest and they don't pretend to have a democracy or a justice system, so yeah sorry for bursting your bubble.
    Policeman is a law enforcer, not an executioner nor a judge and the cases where unnecessary violence was applied or even citizen execution took place is countless.
    So yeah good but failed try to defend cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel like they should maybe be hitting more than 33-50% of their shots, regardless of how many they fire or how many are reasonable.
    <50% is normal hit ratio in a defensive situation. Bullets don't magically find their target. Get out a laser pointer and try to hit a target like a pillow from 15ft rapidly pressing the button 6 times. Now, factor in recoil and stress. It's not that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    <50% is normal hit ratio in a defensive situation. Bullets don't magically find their target. Get out a laser pointer and try to hit a target like a pillow from 15ft rapidly pressing the button 6 times. Now, factor in recoil and stress. It's not that easy.
    From 5 feet, I may not hit the laser dot, but I sure will hit the pillow.

Still awaiting news on the distance the targets were from each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    For all of you saying you will wait until there is news from another source why don't you bother to open the damn article so you can click the link provided to the original article from a local news organization. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ng-5040968.php
    Ahh ha, these 3 pieces of information tell us much more. Please read.

"Once in the parking lot, they both got out of their vehicles and became involved in a struggle, Pruitt said. The officer radioed for help during the struggle and Redus was shot multiple times."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So did you see anything?” she asked Haidarasl.

He launched into his story again, explaining that he heard the officer say more than once, “Stop resisting, stop resisting.”

He thought he heard a struggle, he said.

“Then the cop said, 'I'm going to shoot,'” Haidarasl said.

And that, Haidarasl added, was what garnered the off-handed, sarcastic comment from their neighbor.

Then the silence, followed by gunfire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The University of the Incarnate Word employs 17 police officers who all are licensed and trained as state-certified peace officers, university spokeswoman Debra Del Toro said. None of the officers carries a Taser."

Quote Originally Posted by Banizh View Post
    Every time I see a story like this my hate for the police increases.

This officer needs to get raped, tortured and humilated in prison for a solid year, then executed.
    And when you are being raped and tortured, I hope the police take their sweet time to get to you.

Funny how that works. You hate "the man" but never think about what happens when you actually need them.

There are bad cops, there are bad people in general. Being a cop doesn't automatically make someone a bad person.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the above is true and this is how the events of that night transpired, then I am conflicted on whether or not I agree with the use of deadly force.

He was resisting arrest, ok..He was struggling with the officer, ok...He was shot 6 times. well then!

From what I can gather, the kid was prolly drunk.

If he was driving erratically, and got out of the car when he was getting pulled over, and struggled with the officer and was resisting arrest, he was either an idiot, or drunk.

But does that deserve death? Could the officer not have waited for his back up and detained this kid?

Still need more of the story to be revealed, however like many cases of the victim being dead and the accused being the only person who has a full story, it's 1's word against the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look! An article in the MailOnline - this must be true. Heck, I'm from South Africa and I know of the drivel this paper prints.

A thread involving police? I wonder how long it will take for the police hate to st...

too late.

Seems pretty clear to me that the student was drunk driving, was pulled over, and may have struggled physically with the officer. Reports say that the officer called for help before the discharge of his weapon. The student could have been attempting to take his weapon from him. The fact is we don't know right now. The cop could have been justified, he could have been completely in the wrong.

Being a cop doesn't automatically make someone a bad person.
    No, but a bad person being a cop does make the situation worse for others. There are far to many cops, who are nothing, but power hungy dicks, who are satisfied, if they can humiliate others with ther authority, granted by their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when you are being raped and tortured, I hope the police take their sweet time to get to you.

Funny how that works. You hate "the man" but never think about what happens when you actually need them.

There are bad cops, there are bad people in general. Being a cop doesn't automatically make someone a bad person.
    Quite true. I do tend to have a doubtful eye when looking into stories of officers killing civilians. But you can't automatically pin the officer as the enemy. You need the full story. But as I said, like many cases of the victim being dead and the accused being the only person who has a full story, it's 1's word against the other.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone tried to rape me, they'd be dead. I don't need no filthy police to help me.

The majority of cops are bad, you can't deny that. Most police officers become cops so they can abuse their power, they are power hungry and they love the fact that they can murder any given person without consequences if they feel like it.
    Holy generalization, batman!

If anyone tried to rape me, they'd be dead. I don't need no filthy police to help me.

The majority of cops are bad, you can't deny that. Most police officers become cops so they can abuse their power, they are power hungry and they love the fact that they can murder any given person without consequences if they feel like it.
    I can deny that. You don't know the majority of officers. You only know about the ones you hear about. A good cop doesn't get tv ratings for news, so why would they report them? Your view is childish, stop being scared of police. Respect them and you will be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Actually these countries are honest and they don't pretend to have a democracy or a justice system, so yeah sorry for bursting your bubble.
    Policeman is a law enforcer, not an executioner nor a judge and the cases where unnecessary violence was applied or even citizen execution took place is countless.
    So yeah good but failed try to defend cops.
    It's hardly failed. I don't have to do anything to defend cops from nonsense.

Citizen execution? You don't even know what the fuck happened and you're going all out on this bs.

I will never respect police. To me they are the scum of the earth.

To say that the majority of cops are good is pathetic. You realize how much police brutality that aren't caught on camera? There might be a few cops that become a cop for the right reason but the majority do it for the wrong reasons.
    You're just being a child. Grow up and stop acting like that. You're just bitter that there are laws. You want to live in anarchy because you're uneducated and think it's a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the answer was yes and several times.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.