Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They're the only zones I can stand to quest in.

Deleted
    I didn't like Outland even back in TBC and still do not like it.
    Only semi-cool zone was Shadowmoon Valley.

To me still favorite zones ever were original Plaguelands. Now you just zerg fast through them but in vanilla those were high-level zones.
    Always loved those Scourge zones together with their instances (Strath, Scholo).

Nagrand was a lovely place to look at (I really do over look it tbh until I go there again and think fuck sake I would not mind going back in time to play tbc again as a newbie! until I remember some of the mechanics and figures its not the best idea!)

Deleted
    I must admit, I kind of like Outland these days. It's quick, and you get to choose which zones you want to play.

Never understood the love for nagrand. It looks like a version of African steppes made of disgustingly sweet bubblegum. Also it has tons of orcs and ogres. Ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Personally ranks up as one of the worst gaming experiences I know, not just levelling, gaming as a whole. I literally can't think of something good about it other than it has a couple cool sky domes and Nagrand is pleasant.

Northrend is pretty cool though.
    Totally agree on this. I leveled my alts almost 100% through dungeons/pvp at BC levels, just to avoid having to go through the pain of BC questing/leveling again.

Nagrand is "pleasant" but nothing more than that, I remember finding the zone very nice when playing in BC, but that was compared to other outland zones that were really terrible. Now it just feels "not too bad", except for the lolaliensspaceship crashed in the middle of it that's totally out of place, and this completely unrealistic pvp place that's quite laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate Outland simply because it begins with Hellfire, which is possibly the most annoying quest grind in the history of the game.

Much simpler to simply instaque dungeons and do 58-68 in 2-3 hours of dungeon questing.

When I get to Northrend / Cataclysm, the questing is awesome again.

Do you ever stop making threads?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Best leveling experience remaining in the game, aside from Northrend.
    I feel completely opposite on that front. Outland is the worst, and Northrend is right behind it.

There's just nothing fun about leveling in those places. They weren't fun when they were current, and they still haven't gotten anymore fun with the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    It was nerfed. You can get to 70 by only visiting like 3 zones.
    3? I usually do it by 2 with dungeons, I can get pretty close in hellfire..but it's still REALLY boring.

It really a problem with the quests, they're perfect examples of that people make fun of with the "go talk to that guy so he can tell you to talk to me so I can tell you to go over there and pick up that book then come back to me and get these bear butts but not ever bear has a butt. Maybe 1 in 3 do..more like 1 in 5"

Or more specifically for alliance...the prayer beads quest. Not hard just bad..really really bad and annoying for a very piss poor "pay out"

It's not just that it's just..odd..going from a more streamlined questing where every other quest giver has magica hoop-a-joob powers to communicate with your from the quest hub to continue chains as well as being quest stacking friendly to TBC which has moreback tracking than an early Resident Evil game all for an "empty gas powered stick"

Although I've never like outland..you go from the blasted lands, the most boring visual zone in azeroth though the dark portal annnnnnnd More blasted lands just more orcs and more of a "savage" land scape that does nothing more than making getting from point a to point b a grande ole fun time because who doesn't like going the round about way to something RIGHT THERE for quests that have you ping ponging around the map? (The one thing that making me doubt no flying till 6.1) Done with that zone then Zangermarsh..which was a nice break from Blasted Outlands as is nagarand. The rest of Outland is just Blasted lands 2, Blasted lands in green grey with those jim henson bird creatures from the dark crystal, Blasted Lands in grey with FEL LAVA and random naga, Blasted Lands in Purple with LIGHTNING ooo and finally Blasted lands in brown with SPIKES! WOW SPIKES!

10+ Year Old Account

Lastly, each zone feels VERY different from each other, and is indicative of the dev team at their most imaginative, even if their storytelling process is more refined now (which it undoubtedly is). There simply aren't many other areas that are as interesting, to me at least.
    i completely disagree. i believe the teams are still as imaginative now as they were from the start. the difference is they communicated less during BC. and these zones are proof. it feels as if each zone had its own team working on it, and none of them worked together to blend the zones together.

even in distant worlds and alien planets, things blend together as they transition from one feel to the next. those zones could have their independent feels and looks but the boundaries between them should have blended better. such abrupt changes really ruins my immersion when going to this expac of content and causes me to run nothing but dungeons to get past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i completely disagree. i believe the teams are still as imaginative now as they were from the start. the difference is they communicated less during BC. and these zones are proof. it feels as if each zone had its own team working on it, and none of them worked together to blend the zones together.

even in distant worlds and alien planets, things blend together as they transition from one feel to the next. those zones could have their independent feels and looks but the boundaries between them should have blended better. such abrupt changes really ruins my immersion when going to this expac of content and causes me to run nothing but dungeons to get past it.
    No, no, of course, it was much more imaginative to go from a lush forest to a barren desert in 2 steps.

(/sarcasm of course)

Best leveling experience remaining in the game, aside from Northrend.
    Agree with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Outlands looks great and the atmosphere is even better.

Personally Hellfire Peninsula and Nagrand are my two favorite zones all time because HFP felt epic when you first got out there pre-wotlk, and Nagrand is and was just a very well designed zone.

Deleted
    Well I agree with the majority around here. Outland leveling was, is and ( I think ) almost always forever will one of the best experience ever.

I don't personally appreciate TBC expansion itself since it was subpar , but the leveling was awesome.

Every char I make , and I make lots, goes through outland and I ALWAYS do at least Hellfire-Nagrand + dungeons.

The only place I like less is blade edge, not because of the atmosphere but because I remember how bad it was the first time.. dying and spending 20mins ghost walking .. but overall was a real fun place that too.

Today I thought about getting a McChicken. I didn't want a McChicken, but I was in a hurry and McDonalds was close. So I ordered a McChicken.

I knew I wasn't going to like this McChicken, and I spent the time from the ordering to the window debating on the possibility of just making a run for it. You know, just throwing caution to the wind, driving off without paying them the $1.06 for the sandwich and leaving it at the window. This inner turmoil ate me up inside, and those two minutes seemed like an eternity. As the car ahead of me drove to the next window, and I slowly began to roll forward, my heart began racing. I thought of a life on the run, not paying for sandwiches, leaving them at the window for companies to eat the cost... Yeah, I could be a rebel. I could live that life. That could be me. And one day, they would write books about me, interview me. I could be a legend...

As I rolled in front of the window and came to a stop, I turned slowly to the window and thought of all the lives I could wreck in this pursuit of careless ordering. My hands gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles were white. I'm going to do this. I'm really going to do this!!! Haha, I'll be a rebel!!!!

And as I put the car back into drive and began to release the brake, the window opened... And I realized I actually do like McChickens.

I enjoyed my lunch.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-12-13 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

Yes, the transitions are jarring, but I was referring more to the zones themselves