Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I forgot how depressing Outland is

Just travelled there again after 3 years and ugh forgot how depressing and dated it is, I remember now why I don't venture outside Nagrand

You should get twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, it's always been depressing really. A shattered, broken wasteland of demonic energies and lost culture.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You should get twitter.
    The hell, you mean this is not our personal blog??

I dunno, the only 2 zones that really made me feel a bit blergh were Hellfire and Blades Edge, Nagrand/Zangar and Terokkar were always pleasant zones to quest in, and I loved Shadowmoon Valley (oh em gee at getting to play it before it went fel) Netherstorm was always one of those zones I didn't really know if I liked or disliked, guess it depended on the mood I was in that particular log on day

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it always in a way saddened me that Blizzard never updated anything in Outland. Like's it's been abandoned and forgotten. Still one of my favorite places to quest though. Hopefully with this upcoming expansion they will finally update it and maybe put in some new quests and stuff.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Just travelled there again after 3 years and ugh forgot how depressing and dated it is, I remember now why I don't venture outside Nagrand
    IMO Cata 1-60 is more cringe worthy than Outland, stupid overuse of phasing, linear questing and pop culture references by the truck loads

Lets not get into any more remakes, just create a new 60-70 area and leave the current Outland intact so you can choose which one to do

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Hopefully with this upcoming expansion they will finally update it and maybe put in some new quests and stuff.
    The new expansion is in a totally new Draenor. Why would they touch current Outland? In other words, no, they are not updating current Outland.

Deleted
    And I love outland. Such a sigh of relief once I get past the absolute torment that is 1-58 full of linear, non-challenging questing experience with too much travel time. Outlands is really fun IMO. Then I get to Northrend and hate my life again...
    Only thing that beats Outlands leveling is 80-85 zones. So refreshing

Best leveling experience remaining in the game, aside from Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The new expansion is in a totally new Draenor. Why would they touch current Outland? In other words, no, they are not updating current Outland.
    Then I am teh mega sadz.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

58-68 really sucks, they need to nerf the shit out of it. Some of the questing is awful, especially Zangarmarsh, Terokkar and Blades Edge

Outlands takes like 2-3 hours tops if you just quest. Usually I just do Hellfire-Zangar-Nagrand->Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Best leveling experience remaining in the game, aside from Northrend.
    Personally ranks up as one of the worst gaming experiences I know, not just levelling, gaming as a whole. I literally can't think of something good about it other than it has a couple cool sky domes and Nagrand is pleasant.

Northrend is pretty cool though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    58-68 really sucks, they need to nerf the shit out of it. Some of the questing is awful, especially Zangarmarsh, Terokkar and Blades Edge
    Terokkar is by far my least favorite zone in Outlands, it's just so blah and the color schemes suck.

Hellfire is so barren it's like they put no effort into building some of these zones. Even the mobs are ridiculously sparse. Some of the zones feel empty.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found Zangarmarsh relaxing. Outland and Northrend are the parts of the leveling experience that I look forward to. In contrast I tend to abandon characters for a while once I reach Cata.

It would have been nice to see Outland's story update (same goes for BE and Draenei starting experience). I hate the time loop involved. I would like to see some quests come WoD that explain the whole point of a lvl 58 player being sent to Caverns of Time in order to level to 68/70, before going to Northrend for another time loop. Yes, I know there's a lot of work involved, but it would have been nice if EVERYTHING got a story update to fit Cata. Instead of going through a Cata old world, and then going back in time from 58-80, before going back to Cata material.
    Last edited by RaenavenBlacksun; 2013-12-13 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Woo! Typos!

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Hellfire is so barren it's like they put no effort into building some of these zones. Even the mobs are ridiculously sparse. Some of the zones feel empty.
    Considering it's a miracle that anything survived the planet being torn apart, I think it's intentional.

I absolutely love Outland and the style of questing it had. I just made a death knight for the sole purpose of questing in Outland, I hadn't been there in a while and wanted to do some of the zones I've skipped with the last couple characters I leveled (Terokkar, Blade's Edge and Netherstorm). It reminded me why I came to love this game in the first place. Too bad the original vanilla zones and their quests don't still exist.