Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Need quick advice on a ~1000 Watt Power Supply

I just bought a Corsair HX1050 Power Supply this weekend and while it was kind of loud it also crapped out on me after 2 days. In need of some advice on a power supply prices roughly about the same that can power 2 GTX 770 Classified GPUs. I had a CM Silent Pro 800W before and thought about just upgrading to the 1000W version but I really don't like all the PCI-e connectors being 2 6pin with 1+2pin being that both cards require 2 8pin connectors each.

Any suggestions? Trying to get one rush delivered for tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsair AX860i, that's got 4 6+2 pin PCI-e connectors last time I checked.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sold out on Newegg but available on Amazon for $209. Only problem is that it barely meets minimum requirements for standard 770 SLI (850W from what I read) and these are OC'd card as well as the extra hardware and OC'ing I have going on in my system. Looking for something ~1000W+ for the wiggle room.

Evga supernova 1000 P2

Deleted
    XFX 1000W Pro

Here is a review of it. It's Seasonic OEM.
    Last edited by mmoc04fee285e2; 2013-12-09 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    XFX 1000W Pro

Here is a review of it. It's Seasonic OEM.
    I'd go with this one too.

Really though 850W is fine unless you push those cards to the absolute max along with everything else.

XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold $133

Pretty sure almost all of the PSUs comes with 6+2 cables and there is nothing wrong with that.

Avoid the EVGA above probably. Edit: Looks like anything bought after October 1st is fine, in which case the EVGA option is good too.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-12-09 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Avoid the EVGA above probably. Edit: Looks like anything bought after October 1st is fine, in which case the EVGA option is good too.
    That isn't even the same model. :P

Deleted
    That isn't even the same model. :P
    Evga supernova 1000 P2 = 220-P2-1000-XR || EVGA link

Deleted
    Whoops, I misread the whole thing.

Deleted
    Whoops, I misread the whole thing.
    It's okay, I forgive. I missed the date at which it shouldn't matter as well

You dont need anywhere close to 1000 watts for SLI 770's lol.

http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-g...rround_2210/11

You could easily get by with a 750 but ill link you an 850 cause the 750 is out of stock, and not much cheaper when it is anyways:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139011

HX series from corsair imo are the best PSU's ever made.

Deleted
    To be honest when I first replied I was thinking of 780 Classified, I know from Shroudster those can be extremely power hungry when maxed out, more than your average card. I don't know if the 770 is the same way.

Either way 850W is fine, both the XFX and the HX from Corsair are fine although I disagree on the "best ever made". The AX is Seasonic OEM whereas HX is CWT, well 750W and above. The XFX is cheaper and Seasonic OEM.

To be honest when I first replied I was thinking of 780 Classified, I know from Shroudster those can be extremely power hungry when maxed out, more than your average card. I don't know if the 770 is the same way.
    Not at all, they'll be most likely power limited like the 680 was. I had a DC2T before which was limited on 325 or 350W can't remember, setting power target to 130% you could reach that power consumption in a stresstest like evga oc scanner but when gaming it's not even close to 180W orsomething.

Either way 850W is fine, both the XFX and the HX from Corsair are fine although I disagree on the "best ever made". The AX is Seasonic OEM whereas HX is CWT, well 750W and above. The XFX is cheaper and Seasonic OEM.
    Voltage regulation/efficiency/ripple cwt and seasonic are head to head but imo if it comes down to a good psu nowadays it's just about noise. The current HX gold series have a crappy fan control just like their AXi series, when the psu reaches 45° instead that the fan starts spinning slowly it's ramping to its max speed and turns off the fan a second or two later and this happens like 5 times within a minute.