Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Snowball fight at Oregon college could lead to criminal charges

Students at the University of Oregon may have picked the wrong target when they ambushed two cars that were driving by after a snow storm, bombarding them with snowballs and buckets full of snow.

One of the drivers turned out to be a University of Oregon professor, Sherwin Simmons, who was captured on video emerging from his car and being pelted with snowballs and a bucket of snow.

As Simmons calmly approached the students, they retreated and started shouting at him and throwing more snowballs. Now the video could be used as evidence against the students if they were to be prosecuted.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...minal-charges/

You're suppose to run after they get out the car. What were they doing! Also who the hell throws a bucket of snow. That's even a bit much for me.

Deleted
    Its fun until someone loses an eye because a stick or stone got stuck in the ball.

That was at least the excuse why it was banned at my school back then.

Ambushing strangers? Yeah...that's smart.

It's kind of irritating seeing it called a "snowball fight". Stopping random cars and harassing the drivers isn't a "snowball fight".

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone from FL, all that ice looks like hell.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking the law, eh? Surely these children deserve to be SHOT! How DARE they?

I would just run them over.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I would just run them over.
    Yes, kill them for throwing snow balls.

'Snowball fight' implies both parties are involved. That's just being an ass. Hope they all get a few hours of community service.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a snowball fight. That's assaulting someone. It happened to be snow. Is snow soft and squishy and a lot less painful than rocks? Sure. Doesn't really change the action.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

There goes that college's reputation...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the guy in the car had a gun and just took out all those shitbirds.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I wish the guy in the car had a gun and just took out all those shitbirds.
    Pffff i wish they were guerilla fighters setting booby traps and throwing molotov cocktails

10+ Year Old Account
    Im talking full on Death Wish here... picked the wrong car. Way too many of these 90s kids that have become worthless cunts of adults bullying random people and expecting nothing to come from it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Is it a dick move? Kind of yes. Yeah I know, snowballs haha funny but that really depends on how the recieving party reacts. If the recieving party joins the fun, okay things are cool. However if the recieving party shows direct distain and wishes for this to stop whilist it is continued... that is harassment. Now it all depends on how the local law views it.

The way I see it is that those kids should get adleast a ticket for disturbing the peace. After that the proffesor could have some divine retribution on them in school.

I remember in high school there was a huge snowball fight like this and it ended in people vandalizing passing cars with snowballs and a mother getting her nose broken by an ice ball in the parking lot(infront of her kids no less) of the adjacent mall before people were actually punished.

People doing this in college is just sad though. You figure they would stop being idiots by the time they pretended to start learning as professionals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im talking full on Death Wish here... picked the wrong car. Way too many of these 90s kids that have become worthless cunts of adults bullying random people and expecting nothing to come from it.
    vs

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The way I see it is that those kids should get adleast a ticket for disturbing the peace. After that the proffesor could have some divine retribution on them in school.
    I vote for option #2

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been getting option 2 all their lives and they turned into barely more then animals. Shit I can probably find a video on youtube of poo flinging monkeys doing the same thing.

They have been getting option 2 all their lives and they turned into barely more then animals. Shit I can probably find a video on youtube of poo flinging monkeys doing the same thing.
    Yeah, if people let them get away with tossing snowballs, they'll eventually turn into the kind of psychotic pricks that want to murder others over the throwing of snowballs. Wouldn't want that.