Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    "ToA didn't lie, they never finished development so it couldn't be a lie"
    HA! Well played.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Another massive update with no patch notes. Is it really that hard to release the patch and the notes at the same time?
    Is it patch 1.12 that was release on the seventh? https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en...-PC-Patch-1-12
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is it patch 1.12 that was release on the seventh? https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en...-PC-Patch-1-12
    No, it's patch 1.13.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    "ToA didn't lie, they never finished development so it couldn't be a lie"
    This just shows how little some people understand a simple concept. You can lie with out finishing development. You can lie with finishing it. Just because you cut a feature and don't tell anyone does not mean you were lying at the time of your statement. The way you would be lying is if you never had that feature in the first place. Cutting an unfinished or buggy feature from a game is different then never having it in the first place.

1x2=2 (feature uncut). 1x1=1 (feature cut) 1x0=0 (feature never even created in the first place). A like would be where the product equals 0.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just because you cut a feature and don't tell anyone does not mean you were lying at the time of your statement.
    No, but you lied by omission by failing to make consumers aware that a feature that they had been told would be in the game was no longer in the game at launch.

Or is this still a truly mysterious concept to you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No, it's patch 1.13.
    It seems like it is a PS4 only patch at this point. From reddit it is simple bug fixes (no list yet) and might include pre-loading for assets for a future patch. Though a comment on reddit says that the file size doesn't mean much because modifying the binary files even a little could produce a large update. I forget the game that was mentioned where people had to re download the entire game just for a UI fix lol.

It seems like it is a PS4 only patch at this point. From reddit it is simple bug fixes (no list yet) and might include pre-loading for assets for a future patch.
    Nobody knows anything because there are no patch notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, but you lied by omission by failing to make consumers aware that a feature that they had been told would be in the game was no longer in the game at launch. Or is this still a truly mysterious concept to you?
    So you lied earlier when you said you were done with this, and have now responded? Am I justified calling you a liar every time you post now because you lied by omission by not telling this thread that you changed your mind about being done? However they did not lie by omission because they announced exactly what was in the game at launch and it didn't include mention of multiplayer. I know you are intelligent enough to read my early post where I pointed out to you where the developers said what NMS definitively was. It didn't include Multiplayer. So using your own logic and argument there is no lie by omission.

Any more then you are a liar for changing your mind about being done with this topic.

So you lied earlier when you said you were done with this, and have now responded? Am I justified calling you a liar every time you post now because you lied by omission by not telling this thread that you changed your mind about being done? However they did not lie by omission because they announced exactly what was in the game at launch and it didn't include mention of multiplayer. I know you are intelligent enough to read my early post where I pointed out to you where the developers said what NMS definitively was. It didn't include Multiplayer. So using your own logic and argument there is no lie by omission.

Any more then you are a liar for changing your mind about being done with this topic.
    I'm not selling a product. I did not conduct dozens and dozens of interviews, including on nationally broadcast late night television, where I confirmed a pretty major feature again and again and again. And then launch said product with zero mention that said feature, which again, I had confirmed dozens of times, was no longer a part of the game without telling anyone, leading to massive amounts of confusion. I also didn't subsequently refuse to address the topic when pressed by media and consumers who were confused as to why the feature that I'd spent months confirming was in the product was apparently...not in the product.

Not even close to the same thing, but if you want to pretend they are, sure. Whatever floats your boat, broskito.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not even close to the same thing, but if you want to pretend they are, sure. Whatever floats your boat, broskito.
    So you can lie. You can lie by omission. But it is okay when you do it just because you say so. I never said it was the same thing but using your argument and logic in response to me what you did is a lie. And is a lie by omission because you did not let us know when the your statement changed. So now a lie is only a lie when selling a product. You might not be selling a product but you are selling your opinion so to speak.

And as I said HG stated what was in the game at launch on the store pages, box art, and launch day "here is what is in the game" blog post. It didn't include multiplayer. So there was no lie or lie by omission even by your own convoluted rules of a lie. But I forgot I'm supposed to ignore everything to rage on for months about how you are a liar because you made a statement you changed later on down the road. Oh wait you are a nobody so it doesn't matter if you lie...

And as I said HG stated what was in the game at launch on the store pages, box art, and launch day "here is what is in the game" blog post. It didn't include multiplayer. So there was no lie or lie by omission even by your own convoluted rules of a lie. But I forgot I'm supposed to ignore everything to rage on for months about how you are a liar because you made a statement you changed later on down the road. Oh wait you are a nobody so it doesn't matter if you lie...
    The thing you are ignoring is the fact they DIDN'T change there statement later on down the road. He said there was MP and kept that story rolling even on release day. There was no change in the statement, it was a repeat song and dance for months.

If he says months before release there is X and at release X isn't there.....THAT BY DEFINITION IS LYING. The lying about MP was so strong, The collector editions of the game didn't have time to change print. They instead had to use stickers to cover up the MP logo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-under-sticker

They lied so hard about Multiplayer all the way up to release, Sony didn't even have time to reprint the dam box's.

Get it yet?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-11 at 10:49 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing you are ignoring is the fact they DIDN'T change there statement later on down the road. He said there was MP and kept that story rolling even on release day. There was no change in the statement, it was a repeat song and dance for months.

If he says months before release there is X and at release X isn't there.....THAT BY DEFINITION IS LYING. The lying about MP was so strong, The collector editions of the game didn't have time to change print. They instead had to use stickers to cover up the MP logo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-under-sticker

They lied so hard about Multiplayer all the way up to release, Sony didn't even have time to reprint the dam box's.

Get it yet?
    That was fake, someone made that.

But yes its true he said there would be multiplayer / able to meet others, that he lied about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone come across planets with water yet? I am four systems in and no water. Would like to know the rarity of water before I start base building.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Anyone come across planets with water yet? I am four systems in and no water. Would like to know the rarity of water before I start base building.
    Its hard to say I've encountered several prior to foundation and one water planet and a few with shallow lakes since foundation. With the fully upgraded warp drive you should be able to find more paradise planets though in the green systems. I'm not sure what the ratio of water planets is there. With moving a base if you have it "auto-destroy" it will give you back half the materials used but apparently if you manually destroy the items you can all the materials back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Also, this icon doesn't mean "multiplayer", but simply "online interactions".
    What do you think Multiplayer is?????? and notice how its no longer on the 2nd box.

Even if it just had a leader board that is still a form of Multiplayer and that's Online Interaction. The fact you original said the image was fake proves you don't know what your talking about.

The PEGI rating was not the only Incorrect description and Sony's statement was to protect there ass from False Advertisement since they are the ones who produced the box. So my early'er statement still stands.

Not even Sony had enough warning to change the box art... That is how close to release NMS/HG lied about the game. They even did it the day it released ffs.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-12 at 12:50 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Multiplayer is online interactions. But online interactions isn't necessarily multiplayer. Game has online interactions, you can upload your discoveries for example, but it has no multiplayer.

I never said that.

What does PEGI ratings have to do with advertising?
    1) Yes it is, because like I stated that's still a form of Multiplayer. That's not the Multiplayer they said would be there tho.

2) Myfault I mixed ur post up with Totikki's

3) If a company ships a box with the wrong PEGI rating that's a form of False Advertisement (along with other things I'm sure). Both said company and the seller can get into trouble for it. For example if GTA V shipped with a E (everyone) rating in the US when it was really M rated. Both Rockstar and the Seller (Gamestop for example) would get into trouble. More so Rockstar then Gamestop tho.

The change wasn't just to change the PEGI rating but to remove the Multiplayer icon from the box.

My point like I said early'er still stands, Sony even learned too late about the state of NMS. Now ill admit that's Sony's fault because they helped produce/advertise the dam thing. But HG was lying about the game up to and even on the day of release.

Edit: If NMS released at $20 or less I wouldn't really have given many fucks. But it releasing at $60 and lacking dam near everything promised was BS.

NMS is a decent $20 indie space title but not worth anywhere near $60. Now ill stand firm in saying dev's have the right to price there games at any price they wish. But if you are going to charge full price then give a full price experience.

Funny enough tho in a way they did, since most full price titles lack shit as well.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-12 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. People actually talking about the game! Since Foundation I haven't seen much water, although the slow pace of survival means I only have experienced a handful of planets, all barren ice worlds with one desert.

So you can lie. You can lie by omission. But it is okay when you do it just because you say so.
    No it's okay because he isn't taking the money of hundreds of thousands of people, many of which are buying his product because of that lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am ignoring a lot of what has been posted. Trying the game now after previously only exploring my starting system.

I haven't come across a desert, paradise or ice planet. It's been Toxic planets with one where only the clouds and rain were toxic. And volcanic planets. So it has been a strange experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Yes it is, because like I stated that's still a form of Multiplayer. That's not the Multiplayer they said would be there tho.
    Except if we use your logic then HG never lied about multiplayer being included in NMS as their are online interactions. You can't have it both ways. Either it is multiplayer which means that your earlier statements about NMS lying are false since it includes Multiplayer. Or the online interactions are not multiplayer because NMS lied about including multiplayer.