Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still not worth it.

When it's maybe £5 over here then I'll consider it.
    Yeah its been in the elephants graveyard of PSN's 'deals' section at 9.99 for like 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Naw when I say private I mean set a password and someone search's for you via that password.
    http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Online
    Damn, nice to know, been trying to join a friend for a while and never have been able to for some reason. He also has to set the same password on his end. I'll try this tonight, thanks!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Damn, nice to know, been trying to join a friend for a while and never have been able to for some reason. He also has to set the same password on his end. I'll try this tonight, thanks!
    Np and ya u both set the password. If lets say u cleared the boss of that area then he needs to summon you in, you can't summon him since u cleared that boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Jesus Christ, I do fully agree that Dark Souls multiplayer is not perfect, I wish it would be more... persistent? It can be quite a bother having to summon your friend over and over every time one of you dies… but it still allows you to PvE (boss and level clearing), PvP (invasions, arenas: 1v1, XvX, deathmatch), trading, plus the sign & voice chat system to communicate with other players… are we really attempting to compare this to a system that apparently just allows you to voice chat with up to 16 nearby players that will be represented by light orbs?

Are we really trying to compare these two? Oh well, if “haters gonna hate” I guess “fanboys gonna fan”?
    This system is the Fable III floating orb system without the ability to summon one of those orbs (players) in to help you.

I find it funny it took the game dam near a full year to the day of its release to become a "full" game. Hope those who like the game enjoy the update. I don't think it will be enough to bring lots back.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh wait, so the multiplayer is just you can see other players as glowing orbs? Not actually see them/their ships, not interact with them in any manner, just like...know they exist?

I mean, I'm glad they're still working on the game, but I figure after a full year they'd have managed to get basic multiplayer working at least. Not...whatever this is. And my view of the team, which had gone up considerably upon hearing this news, has been adjusted back down accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh wait, so the multiplayer is just you can see other players as glowing orbs? Not actually see them/their ships, not interact with them in any manner, just like...know they exist?

I mean, I'm glad they're still working on the game, but I figure after a full year they'd have managed to get basic multiplayer working at least. Not...whatever this is. And my view of the team, which had gone up considerably upon hearing this news, has been adjusted back down accordingly.
    Yeah it's primitive as hell.

This is what I would call "caveman multiplayer"

No sorry my bad. Even cavemen interacted.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-11 at 04:24 PM.

i never gave two shits about multiplayer, i dont even have any friends with gaming pcs so i have like 1 steam friend anyways lol.

i am very very happy about the story missions though, that was my main gripe with the game is that the story wasnt there when they had promised that there was
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

people were dissapointed because they had to pay decent money
    oh dear oh dear
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogan117 View Post
    Now is your chance. its for 23.99€ on Humblebundle ;P
    Well...that's a coincidence; hadn't seen it discounted. But, yeah...I don't want it enough to pay 24€ for it. As I said, -80% to -90%. If it drops to that, then sure. I'll check it out.

It's not the price itself; I'll gladly pay 60€ for something I actually do want. In fact, I've bought quite a few Collector's Editions, the most hilarious of which was the physical Imperial Edition for ESO, which I then didn't really even play much. But oh well, at least got a statue for my coffee table, I guess.

I wanted No Man's Sky before it came out. After, though, even after all the patches, and having watched recent, up-to-date videos of it...nope. Don't want it. Not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    people were dissapointed because they had to pay decent money
    oh dear oh dear
    No. The majority were disappointed because they paid a lot of money for a game that advertised a decent quality and ended up being a pile of garbage that is on par with games such as Daikatana.

Review sites, reviews in general and the amount of estimated people playing are evidence enough that those defending the game are in a minority.

Game would have easily been worth £40 had the devs not bullshitted and the game had been upto the quality of a £40 game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd need to be paid to try this shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

You can voice chat with nearby players. That is about all there is for the multiplayer...for now. That's why they are calling it Joint Exploration and not much else. You can chat while you explore things and point stuff out to the nearby other players floaty orbs.

Basically the game shipped without any coding or anything to allow multiplayer, so this is a stepping stone. My guess is FULL multiplayer wont be too far behind as this laid the foundation for it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Basically the game shipped without any coding or anything to allow multiplayer

"but the chances of you running into another player are infinitesimally small"
    a year later i still can't believe people fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

"but the chances of you running into another player are infinitesimally small"
    a year later i still can't believe people fell for it.
    There wasn't even a player model in the game. If there was, odds are instead of blue whisps we would have ghosts similar to Dark Souls right now.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I never really care about the multiplayer so I'm happy with the new changes, Ill wait tho for more before I get back to it. I did play it for around 30hours, had fun for what it was, but I'm a sucker for that kind of game so yeah. If they can add just a bit more content, I'll give it another go. Have so many games to play atm that I dont really mind even if it takes another year.

10+ Year Old Account
    the video, since I don't think anyone linked it yet

New patch has some good stuff in it, but the bugs, holy shit the fucking bugs:

-Exosuit cargo slot upgrade doesn't work
    -Many pre-existing player bases are now in fucked locations because Hello Games had to seed new biomes etc for the new patch
    -System economies screwed up
    -Blueprints, recipes and words that were learned are gone
    -Graphics bugging out when entering space stations
    -Using the galaxy map crashes the game
    -Pinning recipes crashes the game
    -Terrible frame rates around crashed freighters
    -Green question marks still don't disappear from discovered locations
    -Plants growing through the floor of bases again
    -Falling into space through graphical glitches in the ground

That's just a selection. Then there's the design decisions:

-Cooldown on ship weapons is increased making it harder to survive in a battle
    -They added a "please remove this rust" button to click when opening those big green containers, so now you can't just open them
    -It still takes multiple clicks to get to a vendor's inventory because who wants to sit through the slowly appearing text? It's worse than talking to the level up NPC in Dark Souls 2
    -You can't abandon missions
    -Mission log is virtually useless, giving no actual detail about what you're supposed to do. Instead you have to select the mission, back out to the main screen and then read the info in the HUD
    -Scanning for planet locations in the ship reveals locations on the other side of the planet but not actually near you, and then the question mark disappears anyway
    -Launcher fuel still runs out after only 4 take-offs
    -They added more things that require essential resources like plutonium and iron, as if farming that shit regularly wasn't annoying enough already

This game could be so good but the developers make so many 'WTF' design decisions that aren't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    New patch has some good stuff in it, but the bugs, holy shit the fucking bugs:

-Exosuit cargo slot upgrade doesn't work
    -Many pre-existing player bases are now in fucked locations because Hello Games had to seed new biomes etc for the new patch
    -System economies screwed up
    -Blueprints, recipes and words that were learned are gone
    -Graphics bugging out when entering space stations
    -Using the galaxy map crashes the game
    -Pinning recipes crashes the game
    -Terrible frame rates around crashed freighters
    -Green question marks still don't disappear from discovered locations
    -Plants growing through the floor of bases again
    -Falling into space through graphical glitches in the ground

That's just a selection. Then there's the design decisions:

-Cooldown on ship weapons is increased making it harder to survive in a battle
    -They added a "please remove this rust" button to click when opening those big green containers, so now you can't just open them
    -It still takes multiple clicks to get to a vendor's inventory because who wants to sit through the slowly appearing text? It's worse than talking to the level up NPC in Dark Souls 2
    -You can't abandon missions
    -Mission log is virtually useless, giving no actual detail about what you're supposed to do. Instead you have to select the mission, back out to the main screen and then read the info in the HUD
    -Scanning for planet locations in the ship reveals locations on the other side of the planet but not actually near you, and then the question mark disappears anyway
    -Launcher fuel still runs out after only 4 take-offs
    -They added more things that require essential resources like plutonium and iron, as if farming that shit regularly wasn't annoying enough already

This game could be so good but the developers make so many 'WTF' design decisions that aren't fun.
    For reference, are you on PC or PS4?

I play on PS4. The game overall is better than it was, but they need to sort the bugs out and make some quality of life improvements. I must say though that they made the main story much better and easier to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I play on PS4. The game overall is better than it was, but they need to sort the bugs out and make some quality of life improvements. I must say though that they made the main story much better and easier to follow.
    Im tempted to pick it back up. I put it down a year ago, but I didn't hate the game, I just got bored.

Unlike my brother who literally gets visibly angry whenever I even mention the games name. I don't get why. Yeah they didnt deliver on promises, but at the end of the day A) it's not really worth staying angry this long at a video game, especially when the developers are actively trying to fix their mistakes unlike many AAA devs who pump out garbage and don't even attempt to fix errors and B) I'M the one who paid the $60, not him.

Though, also let it be known that he bought into the hype for the game and....SOMEHOW I remained unware of the games existence until literally about a week before it's launch. Somehow I avoided every last bit of the hype, and all of Sean Murrays PR fiascos. I think because of that I was able to remain....rather neutral to the game as a whole. When I picked it up I literally knew nothing about the game besides: You fly around planets and explore shit. Hell, I didn't even know there was even any semblance of combat or gathering when I first picked it up that's how little I knew about the game.

Looking back I question how the hell I was able to avoid all the buzz around the game, but I think I'm better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Im tempted to pick it back up. I put it down a year ago, but I didn't hate the game, I just got bored.

Unlike my brother who literally gets visibly angry whenever I even mention the games name. I don't get why. Yeah they didnt deliver on promises, but at the end of the day A) it's not really worth staying angry this long at a video game, especially when the developers are actively trying to fix their mistakes unlike many AAA devs who pump out garbage and don't even attempt to fix errors and B) I'M the one who paid the $60, not him.

Though, also let it be known that he bought into the hype for the game and....SOMEHOW I remained unware of the games existence until literally about a week before it's launch. Somehow I avoided every last bit of the hype, and all of Sean Murrays PR fiascos. I think because of that I was able to remain....rather neutral to the game as a whole. When I picked it up I literally knew nothing about the game besides: You fly around planets and explore shit. Hell, I didn't even know there was even any semblance of combat or gathering when I first picked it up that's how little I knew about the game.

Looking back I question how the hell I was able to avoid all the buzz around the game, but I think I'm better for it.
    I found the game a week before it launched because it appeared under the "Games you might like" section of Steam. Like 70% of the games I own involved Space.