Thread: No Man's Sky

15+ Year Old Account
    They really didn't add to much extra stuff to collect. Some of the new items are just trade goods but they really are not worth buying and selling. You do get those as rewards from some missions though. But inventory isn't an issue any more then it was before. The new cargo slots on the exosuit stack up to 5 items or 500 resources (same as ship inventory slots).

And once you get a freighter you have even more extra room. The nice thing about portals is you can easily get to a farm base someone set up and you can harvest their stuff. People have been sharing the portal address for their system and set up beacons for people to reach living glass farms (which can get like 130 mil an hour with proper set up).

You can also make a lot of money from scanning now with the visor upgrades so you don't need to worry about collecting a lot of stuff if you don't want to. (20k for plants and I've heard 200k for animals. My current system has no fauna though so I can't test the exact amount (the current beta/experimental has the credit amount for scans shown)

The story/game should give you a free introductory freighter. Its cost can be a little overwhelming for new players but once you discover all the glyphs and setup/vist a farm you can work your way their quickly. Or with the visor upgrades for scanning flora/fauna you can increase the money gain. I also wish that you didn't have to build exocraft bays each planet. I don't really use them as ship/foot is easy enough on normal.

I guess permadeath/survival would need exocrafts more as you spend more time on each planet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I mean what else are they gonna do? Make a new game? Might be too soon for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I mean what else are they gonna do? Make a new game? Might be too soon for that...
    If you saw 1.3 you'd have your question - it pretty much is a whole new game IMO - like at least a 75% overhaul. All the terrain textures (and engine), along with all the flora, the ship mechanics, UI design, unique story presentation/models, diverse economy, new inventory, ect... The only thing they really didn't touch were the current Fauna options and the space station interior designs.

At least two patches since the last big update and still bases appear underground, halting your main quest progress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    At least two patches since the last big update and still bases appear underground, halting your main quest progress.
    Are those current? Because those are both from the 15th of August and the patches have come since then. Also what is important is if the base was created before or after 1.3. The universe was regenerated so terrain changed and it is possible it leads to glitches. Patch 1.33 had "Fixed issue where upgrading from a previous save would cause player bases to be floating or underground " That patch is after the date in the video's. NPC's being unresponsive after claiming a new base should also have been fixed for everyone in patch 1.34.

Also the base being underground doesn't necessarily halt your progress. As you can create underground bases now with the terrain manipulator.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...g_the_terrain/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are those current? Because those are both from the 15th of August and the patches have come since then. Also what is important is if the base was created before or after 1.3. The universe was regenerated so terrain changed and it is possible it leads to glitches. Patch 1.33 had "Fixed issue where upgrading from a previous save would cause player bases to be floating or underground " That patch is after the date in the video's. NPC's being unresponsive after claiming a new base should also have been fixed for everyone in patch 1.34.

Also the base being underground doesn't necessarily halt your progress. As you can create underground bases now with the terrain manipulator.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...g_the_terrain/
    Latest update. Base still underground. I will play when they fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your base will likely stay underground. Unless you load a save from prior to 1.3 to "upgrade" the save after the fix was put in place. Or move your base to a new planet (which the game is designed to do). Or you use the terrain manipulator to dig your base out as you started to do in your video. You have options so it sounds like you really don't want to play the game anyways. It is also strange how you waited over 15 days since you upload those videos to post about it here.

It might not even be possible for it to be fixed by Hello Games at this point. With the procedural generation it might be impossible to tell if it being underground is a mistake. They can only force it when it first loads into the the new universe when loading in from previous universe.

I'm not interested in your tedious and endless white-knighting of Hello Games, nor the bait in your post. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested in your tedious and endless white-knighting of Hello Games, nor the bait in your post. Thanks.
    Giving you options to fix it and an explanation of why it might never be fixed otherwise is not white knighting. If you are going to use terms at least use them correctly. It seriously isn't that hard of a thing to do. If you were not interested in discussion of your problem then why even post it here?

https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en...form_id=167605 is the place that you want to post your issue in order to bring it to HG attention and expedite a possible solution. Don't do any of what I just posted though. Wouldn't want you to catch being helpful and kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you haven't even started a new game? I thought they outright told you in the menus that you would need to do that after the update. Even Minecraft usually requires a new world generation after major updates if you want some of the new features.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wait you haven't even started a new game? I thought they outright told you in the menus that you would need to do that after the update. Even Minecraft usually requires a new world generation after major updates if you want some of the new features.
    They don't. You have never been required to start a new game when the change the seed. They will put you on the space station as a safe location when they change the seed since every system has a station and every station is the same in the hanger. It is the cool thing tech wise that they can pull some of these additions off and still integrate it into existing games/data.

I don't think I'd keep playing otherwise even though it would be fairly easy to get back ship and money wise to where I am now.

Will update when the announcement comes out and if I am still awake.

- - - Updated - - -

Update:
    No Man's Sky Coming To Xbox One, Free Expansion For All Platforms Coming This Summer
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...is-summer.aspx

In a journey as long as one to the center of the galaxy, the crew at Hello Games have announced a free expansion to No Man's Sky titled No Man's Sky NEXT coming this summer. This expansion as well as all previous content, and the game itself, are also coming to the Xbox One for the first time.

Hello Games confirmed the news today, dropping the logo and screenshots for the expansion. The new expansion launches this summer on all available platforms. Details are sparse at the moment, with nothing beyond screenshots and a tweet from Sean Murray, but we should know more soon.
    The expansion will also be coming on day one to the Xbox One version of the game. While Sony published the game physically on the PlayStation 4, they obviously won't be doing that on the Xbox One, so 505 Games is stepping in to publish the physical version. The game will also be Xbox One X enhanced with HDR and 4K.

Finally, No Man's Sky is coming to Tencent's service WeGame, which may not matter to you if you don't live in China. But for those who do, this gives No Man's Sky's already fairly large Chinese audience a booster shot with way more possible players racing to the center of the universe.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazed anyone wants to publish this game, I don't see this setting the xbox alight.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Amazed anyone wants to publish this game, I don't see this setting the xbox alight.
    If they price it at $20 or less then I think it will do well. The game is in a much better state now then it was at release and there is a "expansion" coming up that's free.

Despite the bullshit I am impressed with how much they have supported it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its gonna be interesting to see if the whole 'poison brand' situation can be cancelled out by consumer curiosity. I tried the game multiple times but its just boring which is basically the worst thing a game can be. It lacks dynamism and direction but we all know what it is by now.

Which of course is the interesting thing isn't it? especially with all the people currently burnt by sea of thieves hearing it called "the no mans sky of xbox" and now this shows up? theres gonna be a 'fool me twice shame on me' sentiment going around the question is will the numbers be significant enough?

Or will it release to no fanfare, do 'fine' and go back to being forgotten as anything but montage videos of sean murray lying on tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If they price it at $20 or less then I think it will do well. The game is in a much better state now then it was at release and there is a "expansion" coming up that's free.

Despite the bullshit I am impressed with how much they have supported it.
    Aye, if the price is right of course.

So they want to release it on another system to fail? After Destiny 2 people will be a lot less likely to give any game a second chance...even if the price is "right"....

Interesting announcement but truthful, if you know anything about this game and why it was labeled so negatively. There is nothing they could do to it in later updates (or even now) that should entice you to support it much less buy it for any cost.

They guy straight up lied about the game. Over hyped it himself and then blamed the people for being hyped and holding it against him and HG.

At this point. I couldn't encourage anyone to buy into the game or on any platform that supports that business practice no matter what they have done in updates.

I wouldn't play this game if it was free. It looks like trash and the developer is probably the worst in the world. EA couldn't garner more ill will if they actively tried to.

No thanks. Wouldn't even accept it for free or as a gift.

The developer of this game actively lied to players about features, overhyped it and delivered an underwhelming product. Then proceeded to try and twist it to blame the players for Hello Games own failure.

I wouldn't have minded had they taken the blame and dealt with the fallout how they should have done but they didn't. A bad game rattles me but what makes me more irritated is when a developer actively tries to blame the players or other games for its shortcomings.

The sooner this game fades away for good the better.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-29 at 03:00 PM.