Thread: No Man's Sky

This may get me interested in buying a used copy dirt cheap. The update looks like its going to fix all the issues with the game.

If it does and I actually enjoy it I may buy there next game (depending on how good it is) new and support them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    This might actually make me buy the game. Though I'm waiting for a sale. Not going to be paying full price.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

A lot of people misunderstand what procedural generation means. All you end up with is repeated areas that look different on the surface but are basically the same things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer looked nice, but shame on me if I get hyped for this shit again.

You can now play 3rd person and multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    SNIP..

You can now play 3rd person and multiplayer?
    My understanding is yes to both.

There is a 3rd person mode coming in the "NEXT" patch.

There is multiplayer coming up as well but I think it is limited to 4 people IIRC.

https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-...ler-breakdown/

So when the NEXT patch hits, does it turn into No Man Sky NOW?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Game STILL fails to deliver on initial promises. DO NOT BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I do wonder how long they can go or plan to go with free updates vs paid DLC?

I wouldn't think they would do that till the game really was at the point they originally hyped it to be with all those features in game sean talked about and sold the game on.

Then maybe paid DLC would work for them without to much backlash.
    4 people? Seriously? Lol.

What are they gonna make people do? Hook up a special Multi Tap to the PS4/XB1/PC and have all 4 players play on the same game?

For those who don't remember or don't know what a multitap is/was. Was basically a peripheral for the ps1 and other consoles that let you play 4 player split screen on a few games like CTR and Speed Freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    4 people? Seriously? Lol.
    SNIP....
    4 people. Thats it from my understanding.

Nothing better than having 4 players in 18.4 Quintilian planets. Hope it doesn't feel crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    So when the NEXT patch hits, does it turn into No Man Sky NOW?
    Not entirely no but it's fairly close to the original lies sean and Hello games told about it when they initially tried to sell it.

It only took them two additional years of development to get there.

I hear people love to buy things, even cars, and then love it even more when they wait two years for it to work as the salesman said it would. /s
    Last edited by quras; 2018-07-21 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    4 people. Thats it from my understanding.

Nothing better than having 4 players in 18.4 Quintilian planets. Hope it doesn't feel crowded.

Not entirely no but it's fairly close to the original lies sean and Hello games told about it when they initially tried to sell it.

It only took them two additional years of development to get there.

I hear people love to buy things, even cars, and then love it even more when they wait two years for it to work as the salesman said it would. /s
    It's 4 people in a PARTY. Pretty sure will still see RANDOM people, much like the current...ghosts...you can see right now. But the ORGANIZED PARTIES will only be 4. Much like how in a game like WoW you can have parties of 5 (outside of raids) but still see other players....only you won't see as many since the gamespace is so large and the playerbase is so small.

You also didn't get my joke It's called NEXT but if it is out then it is NOW and the next patch will be the new NEXT. It was a jab at the naming convention they are using for this update.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

SNIP.

You also didn't get my joke It's called NEXT but if it is out then it is NOW and the next patch will be the new NEXT. It was a jab at the naming convention they are using for this update.
    It's obvious now but I can't lie. That went right by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its lookin` really good.

I think Ill take a sick day tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgRvtohPE8&t=3s

It's 4 people in a PARTY. Pretty sure will still see RANDOM people, much like the current...ghosts...you can see right now. But the ORGANIZED PARTIES will only be 4. SNIP...
    It seems the party size is 4 and the max instance size is 4 parties so 16 people per instance.

How this game doing now adays? Is it in a good playable state with things to actually do?

I just got a free key and was wondering whether to install or resell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    How this game doing now adays? Is it in a good playable state with things to actually do?

What you should do is give that free key to me, for free.

The game is in an okay state now but a big update is coming.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Getting excited for today! Just deconstructed my base (for the most likely inevitable planetary reset) and am parked in my home system's space station. My PS4 is on and waiting for the DL to happen, and just watching people's reactions online as I wait.

Prepping some Tortillas soon to make me some real legit Nachos for enjoying this game later today! (provided the patch doesn't break a ton of shit like it did with Atlas Rises, of course! >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post

Playable and getting better but still not worth imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Playable and getting better but still not worth imo.
    maybe with friend group it should be good

Game so far looks good from the streams I have watched today, looking forward to playing it tonight (hopefully) when I get home tonight.

A lot has changed in this update alone.

OK So it is sounding like players not in your party may still show up as glowy orbs. We will know more when people actually start bumping into random players.....