Thread: No Man's Sky

For those of you on the PC that don't have No Man's Sky but were kind of interested, it's 50% off on Steam this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    For those of you on the PC that don't have No Man's Sky but were kind of interested, it's 50% off on Steam this weekend.
    I still can't believe it carries such a ridiculous price tag after all it's been through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I still can't believe it carries such a ridiculous price tag after all it's been through.
    Well you should consider that for the price some companies *cough*blizzard*cough* charge for in-game services you get a fully updated game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It deserves that price because of all its been through, they could have started charging for some of these updates , yes that would have left a bad taste in players mouths but we're at a point now where they could seriously ramp up DLCs and microtransactions and they haven't. Instead the continuously push out large free content.

The next one is going to be big too.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...PaaFrz_XHcq_9s

No man's sky beyond. Loads of multiplayer stuff.

While I don't think I'll ever pay full price for it I consider it next time it's on sale. Despite being entirely self inflicted the amount of stuff they've done to bring up to what they promised is commendable. Especially compared to other companies that launch a game DOA and then have no plans to fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    Still better than Star Citizen. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Still better than Star Citizen. Sadly.
    I mean that's not exactly a hard feat to accomplish now is it?

If the fucking tank didn't run out after taking off just 4 times I'd probably still play this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    If the fucking tank didn't run out after taking off just 4 times I'd probably still play this.
    This is certainly one of my biggest pet peeves. I actually had an upgraded ship that let me do 5! 5 take offs, its really quite absurd especially for a game about exploring. I can warp a gazillion miles but I can't lift off more than 5 times even if I only travel a few miles?

Step 1: Most important for beginners! At the start, use landing pads found at Trading Posts/Minor Settlments/Player bases. Likewise use the landing poles found near certain buildings like transmission towers and observatories ((anything with a wide circular landing indicator)). When you eventually launch from those, it costs ZERO launch thruster fuel to use! It also costs zero launch fuel when leaving in space stations and/or your freighter and frigates.*

Step 2: Purchase upgrades for the launch thruster and install them to get extra launches.

Step 3: Learn to keep uranium and/or launch thruster fuel around. Uranium is EZ to mine now. Just keep enough mats for a couple Auto Mining Units when visiting a radioactive planet (hell, even set up a base next to a Uranium node) and you're set. Eventually, when you're swimming in gobs of money, you can just buy the uranium/launch fuel from vendor stations.

Also consider getting a smaller craft like an explorer to start off with as they use far less launcher fuel than the big haulers. When you're rolling in units, you won't care about using up launch thruster fuel.

*If just using the hyperdrive to move through space is a problem, Pyrite is your friend! Found on desert planets - get a good stack or two of that on board your ship and you'll never run out of hyperdrive fuel for a looooooong time. ^_^ You can use Tritium found in asteroids, but IMO you need to farm a ton to get a useful ammount, and they're far more useful in conjunction with Di-Hydrogen to make Frigate Fuel for Frigate missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This is certainly one of my biggest pet peeves. I actually had an upgraded ship that let me do 5! 5 take offs, its really quite absurd especially for a game about exploring. I can warp a gazillion miles but I can't lift off more than 5 times even if I only travel a few miles?
    See my notes above. It's about learning how to play the game. I mean, consider you're starting off a game that's not just about exploring, but upgrading yourself and such via exploration. They're not going to give you unlimited everything at the start! ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It deserves that price because of all its been through, they could have started charging for some of these updates , yes that would have left a bad taste in players mouths but we're at a point now where they could seriously ramp up DLCs and microtransactions and they haven't. Instead the continuously push out large free content.

The next one is going to be big too.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...PaaFrz_XHcq_9s

No man's sky beyond. Loads of multiplayer stuff.
    I wanted to post about NMS: Beyond - but I'm honestly waiting for more details before I get all super-pumped about it.

To me, the multiplayer focus aspect part is the LEAST interesting - but thankfully that's only going to be 1/3rd of the Beyond patch. They actually said they're merging three updates together to make one big uber update. The first update was going to be NMS: Online, which is what was to add the multiplayer. They haven't given details if/what the other two are... although big rumors are that VR may be one of them. Only clue to that was a survey HG put out asking players what they were most looking for in the game, and top of that list was people choosing VR.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-03-16 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Step 1: Most important for beginners! At the start, use landing pads found at Trading Posts/Minor Settlments/Player bases. Likewise use the landing poles found near certain buildings like transmission towers and observatories ((anything with a wide circular landing indicator)). When you eventually launch from those, it costs ZERO launch thruster fuel to use! It also costs zero launch fuel when leaving in space stations and/or your freighter and frigates.*

Step 2: Purchase upgrades for the launch thruster and install them to get extra launches.

Step 3: Learn to keep uranium and/or launch thruster fuel around. Uranium is EZ to mine now. Just keep enough mats for a couple Auto Mining Units when visiting a radioactive planet (hell, even set up a base next to a Uranium node) and you're set. Eventually, when you're swimming in gobs of money, you can just buy the uranium/launch fuel from vendor stations.

Also consider getting a smaller craft like an explorer to start off with as they use far less launcher fuel than the big haulers. When you're rolling in units, you won't care about using up launch thruster fuel.

*If just using the hyperdrive to move through space is a problem, Pyrite is your friend! Found on desert planets - get a good stack or two of that on board your ship and you'll never run out of hyperdrive fuel for a looooooong time. ^_^ You can use Tritium found in asteroids, but IMO you need to farm a ton to get a useful ammount, and they're far more useful in conjunction with Di-Hydrogen to make Frigate Fuel for Frigate missions.
    I know all of this. The amount of launches you get is too low.

You clearly didn’t read what i wrote then, particularly the part where i showed you how to use zero launch fuel. >_<

You clearly didn’t read what i wrote then, particularly the part where i showed you how to use zero launch fuel. >_<
    Zero launch fuel all the time, wherever you are? No. Like I said, I already know the things you posted.

Zero launch fuel all the time, wherever you are? No. Like I said, I already know the things you posted.
    Whatever, not my fault you suck at a game and want everything handed to you for free. Probably complained you didn’t have an epic mount at level 1 too? I mean, shit, there’s rocks to get ferrite and piles of di-hidrogen laying around on every planet. Even if you are a total fool, you can just mine the minerals right outside your ship and make your own launch fuel very easily. >_<

You do realize you’re suposed to get out on foot and look around, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://uploadvr.com/no-mans-sky-vr-confirmed/

It's getting simultaneous PSVR and Steam VR support for free
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Whatever, not my fault you suck at a game and want everything handed to you for free. Probably complained you didn’t have an epic mount at level 1 too? I mean, shit, there’s rocks to get ferrite and piles of di-hidrogen laying around on every planet. Even if you are a total fool, you can just mine the minerals right outside your ship and make your own launch fuel very easily. >_<

You do realize you’re suposed to get out on foot and look around, right?
    I suppose you thought this little bit of flame bait would wind me up? Sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://uploadvr.com/no-mans-sky-vr-confirmed/

It's getting simultaneous PSVR and Steam VR support for free
    Man, as much of an absolute dumpster fire this game was at launch, their commitment to the game is impressive as hell. Years of pretty extensive free updates, a free VR mode...that's some solid ass shit worthy of praise.

They faceplanted hard, but the seem to have picked themselves up and soldiered on in fantastic form.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, as much of an absolute dumpster fire this game was at launch, their commitment to the game is impressive as hell. Years of pretty extensive free updates, a free VR mode...that's some solid ass shit worthy of praise.

They faceplanted hard, but the seem to have picked themselves up and soldiered on in fantastic form.
    Yep and now that its getting a VR mode I'm actually interested in it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if you upgrade your launcher nub.

Pretty much all the tech in your ship, armor, and multi tool can be upgraded by a lot now, since the NMS NEXT release.

I personally agree that 4 launches blew, so I upgraded my launchers and my shields because I hated getting wrecked in my max slot cargo hauler by pirates. Sure I could have gone mega DPS in rockets or lazer, but I went full explorer upgrades instead.

Thats why you need a bad ass freighter and a S class of every ship type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and now that its getting a VR mode I'm actually interested in it.
    Im seriously thinking about upgrading my PC to be able to handle this. Could be the best VR game released so far. The gameplay loop since NEXT has been really good, and I hope that the next patch brings more things to do in space. more space stuff, along with VR would pretty much complete this game.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-03-26 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I personally agree that 4 launches blew, so I upgraded my launchers and my shields
    How many launches do you get out of a full tank now?